2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
completed in JUNE and haven't heard a single thing..... Please tell me I'm not the only one:unsure:
Update: I emailed them after I posted this and they said my "application is still being considered" .... good sign????

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the acceptance call today at 11:40 PST!! I interviewed on 11/16. So freaking happy 😭 Wishing you all nothing but luck!!!🤞

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed on 10/30 and got the acceptance call on 01-DEC-2020. I am so hype to be joining the class of 2025 and good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back:)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed today...super excited! ATSU-SOMA just feels like the right fit for me! I’m gonna be biting my nails every moment until I hear back!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I missed the phone call but they left a voicemail saying congratulations on being selected. I tried to call back to confirm but it was unknown number. I called admissions but no answer. Does anyone know the number that they can be reached

Hello everyone,
I received a II today. I am very excited about this opportunity. Good luck everyone. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi folks. Sorry if this has been addressed earlier, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where to go in order to pay my deposit. Got the acceptance email and CHC ranking on 11/6

• Love
Hi folks. Sorry if this has been addressed earlier, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where to go in order to pay my deposit. Got the acceptance email and CHC ranking on 11/6
It is located in the same website where you filled out your secondary. Congratulations!!

Interviewed 11/11. I got my first acceptance call today at 3:30 PST!! I'm very excited. I hope there is more good news for everyone soon :giggle: !!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Interview 11/18, got the acceptance call just now, 9 AM PST!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 11/16 just got the acceptance call as well :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Have any of y'all received your acceptance/CHC emails yet? I got the call two days ago, but I haven't recieved the email yet.

Have any of y'all received your acceptance/CHC emails yet? I got the call two days ago, but I haven't recieved the email yet.
I haven't yet either! I asked while I had the person on the phone and they told me Wed or Thurs probably, but I never got anything yet! :bored:

Got the call earlier today! Got the email as well. How do we submit our CHC ranking? Do we just email them back? Also, do we have to submit the $1000 before submitting our ranking? ... gosh this is confusing

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Got the call earlier today! Got the email as well. How do we submit our CHC ranking? Do we just email them back? Also, do we have to submit the $1000 before submitting our ranking? ... gosh this is confusing
Congrats on your acceptance!! Just wondering, did they mention that all the seats are filled during your call? They told me that during my call but I also received the CHC email. So I'm a bit confused as to my position. Do I fill out the ranking even though I don't technically have a seat?

Congrats on your acceptance!! Just wondering, did they mention that all the seats are filled during your call? They told me that during my call but I also received the CHC email. So I'm a bit confused as to my position. Do I fill out the ranking even though I don't technically have a seat?
Congrats to you too! They did mention that. I assume we will still have to rank. Of note, I am very distraught on my CHC list :lol: It's a huge decision and a lot of the students haven't responded to my emails. Perhaps its final week?

Congrats to you too! They did mention that. I assume we will still have to rank. Of note, I am very distraught on my CHC list :lol: It's a huge decision and a lot of the students haven't responded to my emails. Perhaps its final week?
Thanks for answering!! And I'm in the same boat lol Trying to look for more info about the CHC sites but not very successful.. It is possible that they are busy haha do you know if there is a deadline for the CHC list? and do we submit the $1000 even though our seat are still "pending"? Anybody went through this and has answers?

I interpreted it as we could fill out the CHC ranking but we wouldn’t get placed until the deposit gets paid. I went ahead and filled it out but am not quite ready to pay the deposit so idk if it’ll even be looked at yet.

I interpreted it as we could fill out the CHC ranking but we wouldn’t get placed until the deposit gets paid. I went ahead and filled it out but am not quite ready to pay the deposit so idk if it’ll even be looked at yet.
Thanks for replying! That sounds like a good plan. and yeah, that's a big deposit heh I hope they don't require us to pay it before we're confirmed for a seat.

Thanks for replying! That sounds like a good plan. and yeah, that's a big deposit heh I hope they don't require us to pay it before we're confirmed for a seat.
they do require a deposit to get your CHC ranking fyi

• Sad
they do require a deposit to get your CHC ranking fyi
Would it even make sense to pay the $1000 deposit to secure our CHC location even though we aren't yet guaranteed a spot in the school? This feels very predatory

Would it even make sense to pay the $1000 deposit to secure our CHC location even though we aren't yet guaranteed a spot in the school? This feels very predatory
Did you get the email saying "You have been offered a seat in the School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona Class of 2025." If you did then you have a spot if you put down the deposit

Did you get the email saying "You have been offered a seat in the School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona Class of 2025." If you did then you have a spot if you put down the deposit
Under the Admissions Offer tab next to interview!
Interesting. I got an email saying "The ATSU-SOMA Admissions Committee has selected you for the class of 2025," but my portal doesn't have the "Admissions Offer" tab yet. They didn't tell me anything about the seats being filled during my call either. I'm a bit confused, to say the least.

Interesting. I got an email saying "The ATSU-SOMA Admissions Committee has selected you for the class of 2025," but my portal doesn't have the "Admissions Offer" tab yet. They didn't tell me anything about the seats being filled during my call either. I'm a bit confused, to say the least.
That's weird, maybe it was a mistake on their end. Did you email admissions?

Hey Everyone! I submitted my application and got verified recently. How long does it take after completing the secondary application to receive an interview?

Also, congratulations to everyone that got accepted so far!
Complete end of July. Crickets since. Is that a fair time line...lol?

Congrats yall on your acceptances! Still on pre-II hold. But the current CHC's are looking basically full at this point?

I was complete in August and still haven't heard anything from SOMA or KCOM. Is it a good idea to email them and ask about my application status?

I was complete in August and still haven't heard anything from SOMA or KCOM. Is it a good idea to email them and ask about my application status?
You can if you want, but it's unlikely to change anything. You could be called for an interview tomorrow all the way until May, or not at all. It's difficult, but unless you have a significant update, there's not much to be done besides wait.

Congrats yall on your acceptances! Still on pre-II hold. But the current CHC's are looking basically full at this point?
They don't tell us as far as I know. Given the school itself is full, they probably are full. Some will surely open in the near future!

Also, does anyone know the commute times for the Mesa CHC? One student said 40 minutes, but I'm looking at the map and one CHC is 1.5 hours away. Commute time is one of my priorities so if anyone has advice (about Mesa or other CHCs) I would appreciate it :giggle:

For those that interviewed already, how long after completing the secondary application did you receive an interview?

Depends on where in the Valley that you live. If you live in say, Glendale, AZ, commuting to the Mesa CHC could easily be 40 minutes to an hour depending on traffic and the time that you have to be on site. If you live in Mesa (there are some condos/apartments down the street, you could literally be within walking distance). The CHC that is an hour and a half away is probably the Tucson, AZ CHC. Whole different city and yes, it would take 1 1/2 to 2 hours to drive there and back if you were living in the Chandler/Gilbert area. Again, all depends on where in the valley that you live.
Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

Welp. I got the "Notice of Selection" which means there technically isn't a spot open for me yet. Trying not to feel stressed about that...Anyone planning on withdrawing their acceptance? 😅😅😅

Reactions: 2 users
Welp. I got the "Notice of Selection" which means there technically isn't a spot open for me yet. Trying not to feel stressed about that...Anyone planning on withdrawing their acceptance? 😅😅😅
Just withdrew mine! Good luck :)

• Love
  • Care
I plan on withdrawing mine. Best of luck to you and everyone else waiting!!

• Care
Can any current students speak on their own unique experiences at their specific CHC site? I guess I'm wanting more information from a student's point of view. How is the atmosphere for studying/learning together? How far do you have to drive to get to different rotations? Have you been happy with the in-person instruction you've received at your site (in addition, of course, to podcast-based lectures)? Knowing what you know now, would you have picked a different site based on what other classmates' experiences have been? At this point, I'm on the WL, so I know I won't be able to get my top choice(s), but any insight is helpful in painting the picture of what the next four years may look like. TIA, and good luck to everybody who is also on the WL, or who has yet to interview!

Accurate list except for #12. My wife is faculty at SOMA and is on the admissions committee. They interview into June; last year, she finished her final interviews in the last week of June. Reason being was that so many students that SOMA offered seats to did not accept. They pulled off of the alternate list and continued interviewing until they filled the class. This cycle is shaping up to be very similar.
What do you think the likelihood of getting off WL at SOMA this cycle?

There is not a way to say with 100% certainty but in pervious years, particularly last year, SOMA reached deep into its alternate pool to help fill seats. My wife was still interviewing applicants into the second week of June last cycle and this one is shaping up to look very similar. If you have any updates to your classwork, volunteer/clinical experienced, MCAT, be sure to update your AACOMAS and let SOMA admissions know. And be patient; my wife shared with me that they were taking people off the alternate list well into the late spring last cycle.
I have a question related to this! I have been "accepted pending a seat." Should I be worried at all at the possibility of not getting a seat? I've been accepted at another school that would require a deposit on Dec 14th, and while I'd prefer SOMA, I'm debating paying it just to be safe. You think I should pay the other deposit to be safe or just trust a seat will open? THANK YOU!!!

Just got the "accepted pending a seat" call too!

• Love
Hi i was wondering if anyone has gotten an acceptance without an mcat score. my mcat keeps getting pushed back and i just wanted to know my realistic chances. i have a high gpa 3.75 and science of 3.54 and a bunch of research and shadowing experience

I made a groupMe for all accepted students! Feel free to join and share with other students who were accepted! Congrats everyone.

You're invited to my new group 'ATSU-SOMA Class of 2025' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe