2020-2021 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When I got the 'real' acceptance call the other night, the coordinator sent the link to pay the deposit. I paid and the very next day, I got an email confirming my choice of CHC. Essentially, they wait till your payment officially posts and once that happens, you'll get an email notification.
You've been so helpful on this fourm-- thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
SOMA made the MCAT optional this cycle and so it won't be listed on the page that shows your status (Mine was not listed either). That said, when your application is reviewed, someone will look at your MCAT scores (My wife is faculty and on the adcom and has shared a few details about the process). I would suggest calling SOMA to see if someone can discuss with you why you were rejected. The other thing is that today, the adcom met and they are starting to look at previously rejected applicants for consideration for an interview so it is possible that you could still get a call. This is what happened last year and my wife interviewed applicants all the way into the second week of June.
haha thank you again, my guy, I already gave you my name in DMs, but I guess I should take matters into my own hand and give them a call. I'm surprised I was rejected so fast xD

No telling why; one of my buddies was rejected almost immediately and then got an interview offer. In his case, he was probably rejected initially based on his lower GPA (3.15) and MCAT (499 and 497) but he’s been given a second chance. That may very well happen for you as well...
would you recommend calling or email?

Members don't see this ad :)
When I got the 'real' acceptance call the other night, the coordinator sent the link to pay the deposit. I paid and the very next day, I got an email confirming my choice of CHC. Essentially, they wait till your payment officially posts and once that happens, you'll get an email notification.
Did you get the "real" email the same day you got the call? Nothing on my end yet.

I got the official acceptance. I called for my CHC and it’s my 3rd pick. I’m hoping I can get my first pick by the beginning of school.

Reactions: 1 users
Does notification of a full acceptance depend on your ranking of the CHCs? Still waiting for the official call and I’m wondering if it’s because I selected relatively popular CHC locations for my top 3 choices.

Does notification of a full acceptance depend on your ranking of the CHCs? Still waiting for the official call and I’m wondering if it’s because I selected relatively popular CHC locations for my top 3 choices.

I don’t think so. I called and spoke with Desiree about mine. She said we are all given a ranking and full acceptances go out in order of ranking. She said I was about halfway down the list (this was last Friday), but I also still haven’t heard anything yet. You could definitely call her and see where you are at - she was super helpful and open to me calling to inquire!

Current SOMA student here. Figured I would pop in and answer a few questions about the school if anyone has any.
My Daughter was accepted, we are from PA, she also has acceptance from PCOM-close to home, but she is eager to attend AT-Soma, can you give your over all advice...thanks

I have an interview here for next month. Sounds like most of the spots are already taken. Should be interesting anyways!

My Daughter was accepted, we are from PA, she also has acceptance from PCOM-close to home, but she is eager to attend AT-Soma, can you give your over all advice...thanks
Depends how important being close to home is for her. There is a CHC site in Scranton,PA but not a guarantee that she can get a spot there. PCOM is a great school as well. If staying close to family is important, go to PCOM, if it's not then its tough and you'll have to look at first time board pass rates and residency placement for better guidance

Does anyone know if SOMA accepts new letter of recommendations for individuals who are placed on hold/waitlist?

Depends how important being close to home is for her. There is a CHC site in Scranton,PA but not a guarantee that she can get a spot there. PCOM is a great school as well. If staying close to family is important, go to PCOM, if it's not then its tough and you'll have to look at first time board pass rates and residency placement for better guidance
She would definitely be guaranteed a spot there. Nobody wants to live in Scranton lol

Got my first choice CHC, Brooklyn! Looks like there’s some seats left. Surprised to say the least!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’d recommend calling and asking them for your ranking score. It gave me a better idea when I’d hear back !

Does when you rank the CHCs have anything to do with when you hear back about an official acceptance? I have yet to do so bc there hasn't been an official form where I rank the CHCs - do I just email it to them in a list?

t
Does when you rank the CHCs have anything to do with when you hear back about an official acceptance? I have yet to do so bc there hasn't been an official form where I rank the CHCs - do I just email it to them in a list?
they will send you an email with a link to rank them

The first email said you have been selected to the class of 2025. The second email (received on the same day as the first) says CHC ranking and has a link to fill out your list. Of note, this is still before your official acceptance. The third email is the same as the first, a notice of selection, with some additional details. You may not get the third email because it was specifically about the 12/14/2020 deposit deadline. The fourth email is just a confirmation that you submitted your site list. The fifth is the official acceptance. Sixth is prematriculation checklist. Seventh is your CHC assignment.

The first email said you have been selected to the class of 2025. The second email (received on the same day as the first) says CHC ranking and has a link to fill out your list. Of note, this is still before your official acceptance. The third email is the same as the first, a notice of selection, with some additional details. You may not get the third email because it was specifically about the 12/14/2020 deposit deadline. The fourth email is just a confirmation that you submitted your site list. The fifth is the official acceptance. Sixth is prematriculation checklist. Seventh is your CHC assignment.
ahhh thank you! just ranked!! i wonder if when u rank has anything to do with when we get our acceptance

received an interview for January !!
app completed on 09/26/2020

Reactions: 2 users
I am currently on the waitlist however my gpa just went up from a 3.77 to a 3.85 does anyone know if that will change the rankings for the waitlist or do they go from your previous gpa?

I am currently on the waitlist however my gpa just went up from a 3.77 to a 3.85 does anyone know if that will change the rankings for the waitlist or do they go from your previous gpa?
How did you update them on your grades? Did you submit a grade update on AACOMAS?

not sure if i can confirm with others - the interview is an open file one-on-one for 30 or 60 minutes? Is that it? do i need to prepare for an MMI too?
thank you

First off, congratulations!
Second, when you were put on a waitlist, did you receive an email? I am currently on the waitlist and it said something like "an acceptance is possible should openings arise". I was wondering if we were on the same waitlist.
Did you ever find out the answer to this question? Just been interpreting it as being waitlisted, myself...

Have not heard back from here since 8/6 when I received my "application is now under review" email. Anyone else in this position? Is this considered a soft pre-II rejection?
I think this means you are not in the rejection pile or the interview pile. This happened to me last year. IDK if actually ever got a rejection email. I am in the same boat this year. This stinks because I LOVE ATSU. I am grateful to have other II's, but they are all out of state and I need to stay close to my parents for help with my kids. (Single mom). We all live 2 miles from here right now. :(

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
if we have questions about the school should we email admissions or is there time during the interview?

Has anyone in the "selected" category heard anything since the holidays?

hi, do you guys think it is too late to apply this cycle?
this is my second time applying to DO schools, I am a current student in the Master's program at Touro COM.
Undergrad GPA: 3.35

hi, do you guys think it is too late to apply this cycle?
this is my second time applying to DO schools, I am a current student in the Master's program at Touro COM.
Undergrad GPA: 3.35
Are you in the guaranteed acceptance program at TouroCOM? If so, when would you know if you are accepted to TouroCOM? I would wait for the next cycle to re-apply if that guaranteed acceptance is late Fall or early Winter. If you find out earlier (e.g. Summer), then I would just apply right now since that's your last opportunity to go to a different school.

Coughed up my A today. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear something.

Reactions: 3 users
Are you in the guaranteed acceptance program at TouroCOM? If so, when would you know if you are accepted to TouroCOM? I would wait for the next cycle to re-apply if that guaranteed acceptance is late Fall or early Winter. If you find out earlier (e.g. Summer), then I would just apply right now since that's your last opportunity to go to a different school.
Hi, thank you so much for the reply!
Yes, I am in that program but its not guaranteed unless you meet the GPA cutoff and sadly I won't make it. I am retaking the MCAT this month with the hopes I could get on a waitlist somewhere this cycle.. I really want to start in Fall of 2021. I think I will go ahead and apply right now to A.T. :)

I have my interview next Wednesday. Does anyone have any tips/advice in regards to the 3 one-on-ones? I'm happy nervous!

I have my interview next Wednesday. Does anyone have any tips/advice in regards to the 3 one-on-ones? I'm happy nervous!
They’re very conversational. Just know your application and some stuff about osteopathic medicine. I feel like I essentially said the same things in all 3 interviews.

Reactions: 3 users
ll Today, I was originally on the ll waitlist. interview is next week :D

ll Today, I was originally on the ll waitlist. interview is next week :D
How do you know you were on the II waitlist? Did you receive an email or something? I am complete since late august and haven't heard back from them or received updates on my protal.

How do you know you were on the II waitlist? Did you receive an email or something? I am complete since late august and haven't heard back from them or received updates on my protal.
yeah I received an email late summer of 2020 and they sent it again in december and I guess Im now off the waitlist

I wonder what the difference is between an interview waitlist and a hold. Any ideas?

For those who interviewed, how soon after the interview did you hear back with a decision?