2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what does "has changed the landscape of medicine from your perspective" mean?
honestly didn't understand this question either. I ended up just answering it by explaining in what way it's affected the way I plan to practice medicine as a physician.

Members don't see this ad.

This might be an absolutely stupid question. But how do you select the most meaningful activity you are about to write about in the portal??? I see them all listed but there isn't a box to check or any way to "select" an activity. But the question says "Please select..."

Is this an issue with my browser or computer?? I tried both safari and chrome and I still see no way to select.
Or is no-one actually selecting anything off that list, and just saying which activity they are talking about within the 1000 characters???

Last edited:
This might be an absolutely stupid question. But how do you select the most meaningful activity you are about to write about in the portal??? I see them all listed but there isn't a box to check or any way to "select" an activity. But the question says "Please select..."

Is this an issue with my browser or computer?? I tried both safari and chrome and I still see no way to select.
Or is no-one actually selecting anything off that list, and just saying which activity they are talking about within the 1000 characters???

I didn't select, just indicated as part of the response. I do not believe there was a way to actually click/select?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

I didn't select it physically, I just wrote about it in the text box

Payment isn’t working for me either and I don’t wanna try multiple times so I’m gonna call tomorrow and see what the issue is.

for the second COVID question when it asks about inabilities to complete "prerequisites" is anyone in their gap year just writing about how it affected you otherwise? Like in your job / personal life ?

Hey everybody I have an update on the payment thing!

so the third party they were using to process payments saw the volume of transactions coming in and marked it as fraudulent. Admissions reached out to the third party to fix the situation and they’ll send out an email when it is sorted out. Since the payments were marked as potentially fraudulent they should be voided and none of them should have gone through.

Which means whenever it’s fixed we will be notified and then pay once and it should be good to go

Also not sure how to submit this application. Taken to a blank page each time I attempt to pay, hesitant to press pay again....
Payment isn’t working for me either and I don’t wanna try multiple times so I’m gonna call tomorrow and see what the issue is.

Tried to pay app fee today and it appeared to be fixed. Was able to submit secondary just now.

Tried to pay app fee today and it appeared to be fixed. Was able to submit secondary just now.
I just tried it and the payment went through. Also shows up on my bank account as well.

Can’t “finalize” it because my submitted app and fee are still at pending but at least the payment Does work now

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else having an issue with "finalizing" their secondary application? Do we have to wait for the application and fee to be received first (both say pending right now)?
same thing for me. We shall wait for them to turn from pending to yes I guess
I see the same thing. How long did it take for you two before the "pending" became a "yes"?

For the payment issue. It didn't work with my AMEX, but when I put it on my Visa it worked fine. n=1 right now.

Hey everybody I have an update on the payment thing!

so the third party they were using to process payments saw the volume of transactions coming in and marked it as fraudulent. Admissions reached out to the third party to fix the situation and they’ll send out an email when it is sorted out. Since the payments were marked as potentially fraudulent they should be voided and none of them should have gone through.

Which means whenever it’s fixed we will be notified and then pay once and it should be good to go
This is interesting! Mine appeared to go through but are you saying that even if it said it went through it really didn't? So ill have to pay again? Maybe thats why I still have a "pending" status for my payment and it hasn't switched to yes yet....?

This is interesting! Mine appeared to go through but are you saying that even if it said it went through it really didn't? So ill have to pay again? Maybe thats why I still have a "pending" status for my payment and it hasn't switched to yes yet....?
If it went through on your portal and bank account then you’re solid. It shows pending for me too because it takes a day or two for them to process payments. If it takes longer you can just give em a call and see if something is up

"Tell us one thing about yourself that would help the Admissions Committee determine if you should be admitted to our program."

Any advice on how to go about answering this question in 1,000 characters? Would an adversity essay be appropriate for a response?

Is 1 semester off between graduation and the start of a secondary degree considered a gap?

"Tell us one thing about yourself that would help the Admissions Committee determine if you should be admitted to our program."

Any advice on how to go about answering this question in 1,000 characters? Would an adversity essay be appropriate for a response?
Yeah, but make sure the "one thing" is resilience or persistence and that you are just illustrating it with the adversity essay.

Anyone else still "pending" for two categories. Submitted 7/28

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else still "pending" for two categories. Submitted 7/28

Same here. I sent them an email about my PR card and they replied "it has been uploaded to my file" 10 days ago.

I emailed them back two times between now and then about portal not being updated..no response

Same here. I sent them an email about my PR card and they replied "it has been uploaded to my file" 10 days ago.

I emailed them back two times between now and then about portal not being updated..no response
dang lmk if they reply

Same here. I emailed the person who replied to me and no response yet...

Same. Submitted 7/29. Was gonna wait till it hit the 48 hr mark til I email them

I also submitted 7/29 and it still says pending. Frustrating not being able to submit when it's already done.

How come the "finalize" button is greyed out and I can't click it?
I’m assuming that one of the following isn’t marked “yes”: supplemental application, supplemental application fee, mcat scores, LORs

if any of those have “pending” next to them you won’t be able to finalize

if they all do have “yes” next to them then you should be able to finalize

I’m assuming that one of the following isn’t marked “yes”: supplemental application, supplemental application fee, mcat scores, LORs

if any of those have “pending” next to them you won’t be able to finalize

if they all do have “yes” next to them then you should be able to finalize

Ah, that's the problem, thanks!!

It's been 3 days since I've submitted everything and it still hasn't been marked "received" so I can't click the finalize button. Might reach out in a day or two..

Should I be worried about not getting a secondary? only school left...

Does anything happen once you hit "finalize"? I clicked it and it brought me back to the status page, but now the button is grayed out with no indication I sent it (no email either)

Does anything happen once you hit "finalize"? I clicked it and it brought me back to the status page, but now the button is grayed out with no indication I sent it (no email either)
Nope I think now any updates or decisions will be through email

Still no portal update and no reply on my email since they told me my PR has been added to the file. Lol

Submitted secondary on 7/29 and sent an email on 8/1 with no response as to why it still says pending on my secondary app/fee

Submitted secondary on 7/29 and sent an email on 8/1 with no response as to why it still says pending on my secondary app/fee
Same for me- finished supplemental on 7/29. I checked at 8:00AM PST and everything was still pending, but I was just able to finalize rn (11:00AM PST). So check again :)

Same for me- finished supplemental on 7/29. I checked at 8:00AM PST and everything was still pending, but I was just able to finalize rn (11:00AM PST). So check again :)

You’re right it let me finalize!

Your application status page should now say "Application complete and ready for review by our Admissions Committee" after you hit Finalize.