2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
wow!! Congrats guys !!! They give decisions by email right?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!! Are you able to share what you think helped? NY resident? URM? Rural? Ecstatics? Thanks! Way to go!!
I am an Oregon resident, research and clinical heavy, ORM, but truly just connected with Albany faculty and students on my interview day. I walked away from the conversations overjoyed and truly at peace with all of my answers. You can message me for more specifics about my app :)

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am an Oregon resident, research and clinical heavy, ORM, but truly just connected with Albany faculty and students on my interview day. I walked away from the conversations overjoyed and truly at peace with all of my answers. You can message me for more specifics about my app :)
Congrats fellow Oregonian!! ☺️ Maybe I’ll see you there!

Thank you for the invite!

Praying for UC movement this week. 😔🙏🏾

Reactions: 4 users
How much more silence and patience should I embrace for this school? hehehe

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats fellow Oregonian!! ☺️ Maybe I’ll see you there!
This is funny, but I hope I see you guys there. I am waiting to hear back and from Washington. PNW for the win!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
This is funny, but I hope I see you guys there. I am waiting to hear back and from Washington. PNW for the win!
Best of luck!!! Hopefully you hear good news soon ☺️

I wonder if there’ll be any more decisions given out this week

Reactions: 1 users
UC movement please!!!!! I can't do this limbo anymore. I just need to know. 😭

Reactions: 1 users
UC movement please!!!!! I can't do this limbo anymore. I just need to know. 😭
I checked last years thread and a decent amount of movement happened Feb 21st which lines up with either Feb 19th or 26th this year.

I was already rejected by this school a month ago. They just sent me another rejection email, with more pointed language.

What the actual heck?

• Care
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
I was already rejected by this school a month ago. They just sent me another rejection email, with more pointed language.

What the actual heck?
What did it say if you don't mind sharing.

You think more decisions today?

FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE JUST NOW!

interviewed: 1/13
placed on hold: 2/5

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 24 users
UC movement please happen in a huge wave next Friday. I beg you. I'm losing my mind and motivation. 🙏🏾

• Care
ACCEPTED !! Interviewed 1/13! Best of luck to those of you still waiting to hear back, hang in there friends.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
Can someone offer some advice, please? any insights on their tuitions and living expenses? I am from Florida. Also I would appreciate any recommendations if you had to choose to attend one. Is this MD vs DO "inequality I hear of" something I should really consider? I am originally from Cuba; we just have doctors. I will likely go into primary care or emergency. any advice is welcome. thank you.

Accepted, Interviewed 1/15

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
God .. it’s me again lol 😩

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
FIRST MD ACCEPTANCE JUST NOW!

interviewed: 1/13
placed on hold: 2/5
That’s weird that you were even placed on hold. Whereas other people who interviewed with you got straight up A. Good luck to everyone waiting on UC movement - it’s bound to happen in the next few weeks.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I was complete back in August and still have received absolutely nothing in the way of communication from Albany. Is it worth sending an email of some kind to inquire about the status of their review process? (I've checked and re-checked the portal, I didn't forget to hit Finalize!!)

Reactions: 9 users
Have any other accepted students received their financial aid awards? I was notified that I'd receive it by 2/15, so still another day left but am curious if anyone else has heard anything.

I was complete back in August and still have received absolutely nothing in the way of communication from Albany. Is it worth sending an email of some kind to inquire about the status of their review process? (I've checked and re-checked the portal, I didn't forget to hit Finalize!!)

Was literally wondering the same thing :/

Accepted off of the UC list!! Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back; I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all my fellow UC friends.

interviewed: 11/13
placed on the UC list: 12/11
accepted: 2/12

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 27 users
Accepted off of the UC list!! Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back; I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all my fellow UC friends.

interviewed: 11/13
placed on the UC list: 12/11
accepted: 2/12
Congrats!!! If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

Reactions: 1 user
do they screen pre or post secondary? sorry if discussed already..... also how holistic are they? low scores but 5 pubs / lots of research and clinical exp..... and outstanding LORs (4 from MDs, one being academic director of master's program...) OOS

Last edited:
Is there any idea how full their class is? Has anyone spoke to admissions post UC ? My understanding is they do not take updates, but this kills me as someone who interviewed in September. I feel like I'll be lost in the sauce lol

Reactions: 2 users
Here I go signing up for another MCAT cus AMC playing games 🤡

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users