2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this school accept Letter oF Intents?

“We do not accept updates or letters of intent post-interview. Once an applicant interviews, their application is complete and the committee will not see anything added to an applicants file post-interview.”

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Ugh...another week gone. UC status still strong. If med school doesn't workout I guess I'll just write a song. 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I just realized I never got a single confirmation my app was complete... I just checked the FAQ and there's supposed to be some message above the finalize button confirming it? The button itself is greyed out, and everything in the boxes is checked off because everything was received... I'm assuming that it's literally not worth it at this point to even email and ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just realized I never got a single confirmation my app was complete... I just checked the FAQ and there's supposed to be some message above the finalize button confirming it? The button itself is greyed out, and everything in the boxes is checked off because everything was received... I'm assuming that it's literally not worth it at this point to even email and ask?
it should say "yes" next to "Application complete and ready for review by our Admissions Committee"

also is this school wrapping up interviews? also have they given pre-II R's?

it should say "yes" next to "Application complete and ready for review by our Admissions Committee"

also is this school wrapping up interviews? also have they given pre-II R's?
Ohh, okay then. I was just confused because I never received an application complete email then

Someone mentioned it previously but is there a group for all incoming MS1s apart from the Facebook group created by AMC?

Someone mentioned it previously but is there a group for all incoming MS1s apart from the Facebook group created by AMC?
I haven't seen one but would love to know if there is- or if there is a groupme (or if someone wants to make one)!?

II yesterday at 5:34PM EST. 5 dates available at the end of March from 3/24/21 - 3/31/21. Wish me luck, was not expecting anything this late in the game!

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
II yesterday at 5:34PM EST. 5 dates available at the end of March from 3/24/21 - 3/31/21. Wish me luck, was not expecting anything this late in the game!
Same thing happened to me! Good luck with your interview!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got an II! Will be declining, hope it goes to someone else here!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 17 users
Congrats to everyone getting II! Hoping the best for the rest of us sitting on the UC list.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone getting II! Hoping the best for the rest of us sitting on the UC list.
So we thinking they aren't gonna do a ton of UC movement until they're completely done interviewing at this point?

Members don't see this ad :)
There’s 138 members in the Facebook group. Is the class already full at this point?

There’s 138 members in the Facebook group. Is the class already full at this point?
No. Usually people join before dropping. They accept around 300. So I wouldn't gauge the class cap on a Facebook group.

No. Usually people join before dropping. They accept around 300. So I wouldn't gauge the class cap on a Facebook group.
Is that 300 prior to them pulling ppl from the WL?

Are you saying that AMC accepts over 600 people out of only ~800 interviewees?

Based last year acceptance rate (6.71), AMC had accepted over 600+ in total (initial Acceptances + rolling from UC/WL). It looks too optimistic but consistent with earlier comments that a “fair” amount of students on UC got accepted in last cycles

I highly doubt that’s true lol

Based last year acceptance rate (6.71), AMC had accepted over 600+ in total (initial Acceptances + rolling from UC/WL). It looks too optimistic but consistent with earlier comments that a “fair” amount of students on UC got accepted in last cycles
Are you sure? They stated in my interview they accept ~300

Reactions: 3 users
It’s also going to be different this year. With COVID and the increase in applicants I bet Albany is interviewing more than the 800 they used to in the past. They may accept ~300 but they seem to be interviewing a significant amount of people.

edit: during interviews they are saying they are only interviewing 800 (I must have missed that, or forgotten)

Last edited:
Are you sure they're interviewing more ? I thought in the interview they said they're still only interviewing 800....

Reactions: 1 users
It’s also going to be different this year. With COVID and the increase in applicants I bet Albany is interviewing more than the 800 they used to in the past. They may accept ~300 but they seem to be interviewing a significant amount of people.
They said during my interview day that they're interviewing 800. Will likely be more WL movement if anything but I doubt they have trouble filling a class with 800 interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
They said during my interview day that they're interviewing 800. Will likely be more WL movement if anything but I doubt they have trouble filling a class with 800 interviews.
Which day did you interview? I was told 700 max in mine

Have they consistently been pulling people of UC and it’s just that no one is posting about it?

For those accepted off the bat, how long post-interview did it take to get that email?

If 138 people have already gotten the A, only ~160 A's remain depending on how much waitlist movement there is this year?

I know. But they've all gotten the A and if the total is ~300 A, theres only ~160 A's remaining.

I don't think school will offer As to 300 right away; A majority who joined FB group will be having multiple As. As they makeup their choice about AMC (most by April 15, latest by Apr. 30), others will be pulled from UC with Acceptance offers, and the cycle continues until the class is full.
I agree. I definitely think AMC has more acceptances to offer, probably about half. I was just saying there likely have been more acceptances given out than have joined the Facebook page because there's no way 100% of A's joined the page lol. I have no insider knowledge but I'm betting they've offered ~50% of their acceptances at this point, possibly a little more, and the remainder of A's will be pulled from the UC list which probably has something like 500 people on it (would mean about 30 % of us UCers would get the A).

I have no insider knowledge this is just me guessing

Hey y'all. Got an A here today! My first acceptance:biglove:
Interviewed on 2/24.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Aye yo UC gang....this getting annoying no?

Got the A this morning, interviewed 2/26, big uppin 🙏

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Apologies if this has already been asked, but does anyone know if the dean & student panel session is a mandatory part of the interview process? I just had my interview this morning but I'm not sure I'll be able to get out of work to attend the session tomorrow :(