2020-2021 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Apologies if this has already been asked, but does anyone know if the dean & student panel session is a mandatory part of the interview process? I just had my interview this morning but I'm not sure I'll be able to get out of work to attend the session tomorrow :(
Not mandatory! Informative though :)

Members don't see this ad.

I am unsure if this question has been asked before/answer, so bear with me.

Is accepting the financial aid reward binding? that is if I choose to enroll else, the loan for AMC wouldn't be disburse to me (and I will not be in debt for AMC).

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I am unsure if this question has been asked before/answer, so bear with me.

Is accepting the financial aid reward binding? that is if I choose to enroll else, the loan for AMC wouldn't be disburse to me (and I will not be in debt for AMC).

Thanks
My best guess would be it only be binding if you go to AMC. You can always call to clarify.

Reactions: 1 user
Are there any current students that I could message about research?

Might be a weird question but to any current students, are students drug tested? I know a lot of schools do it when you start 3rd and 4th year but I can't find anything about AMC online or in any forums

Might be a weird question but to any current students, are students drug tested? I know a lot of schools do it when you start 3rd and 4th year but I can't find anything about AMC online or in any forums. If they suspect you came high to school they have the right to test. Or if they have
Not generally. If they suspect you came to school high they can test. Also if during fourth year if you do an away, many away programs require testing.

Does anyone know what the class size is for the class of 2021? Trying to figure out what the match rate was- doesn't seem like they've released the actual % of the class that matched.

Has anyone’s application still not gone under initial review? My application status still just says my application is complete and ready to be reviewed by the committee. I completed my application mid-September.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone’s application still not gone under initial review? My application status still just says my application is complete and ready to be reviewed by the committee. I completed my application mid-September.
+1

wait how do you tell what your status is? I’m still just seeing the greyed out finalize button.

wait how do you tell what your status is? I’m still just seeing the greyed out finalize button.
Albany updates the “ready for committee review” status to “under review” once they start reviewing it.

Anyone happen to know how generous AMC is with merit aid? Have a scheduled interview on Friday, but already have an A at my state school and don't think I'll qualify for much need-based aid. Considering withdrawing my II if AMC is stingy with aid, but if they're pretty generous then I might keep it and take the chance.

Anyone happen to know how generous AMC is with merit aid? Have a scheduled interview on Friday, but already have an A at my state school and don't think I'll qualify for much need-based aid. Considering withdrawing my II if AMC is stingy with aid, but if they're pretty generous then I might keep it and take the chance.
From what I’ve seen, most people have had all loans in their financial package (myself included). I think a lot of their aid is given to 3rd/4th years, but someone else may have more insight!

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my acceptance here. Good luck to everyone!

+1 on the all loans fin aid package.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Albany updates the “ready for committee review” status to “under review” once they start reviewing it.

I didn't know that. Just checked mine and it still says "ready". Complete in October.

I believe this is incorrect. My portal never changed from the time I submitted my secondary. Post-Interview my portal still says “ready for committee review”

Reactions: 4 users
I believe this is incorrect. My portal never changed from the time I submitted my secondary. Post-Interview my portal still says “ready for committee review”
That’s good to know. I know they updated the application statuses last cycle. Maybe they aren’t doing it this year.

That's good to hear! I sent a grade update a while back and never heard back either. Not sure if I should follow up or email someone else now. Should I continue to remain hopeful?

That's good to hear! I sent a grade update a while back and never heard back either. Not sure if I should follow up or email someone else now. Should I continue to remain hopeful?

Hard to say :/ I believe they are interviewing into April, so I guess as long as the interview season is still going there is hope! I would definitely be prepping for re-app if you don’t have any secured acceptances at this point, though

Isn't it weird that they didn't release any decisions yesterday?

Probably next Friday since a bunch of people interviewed early march...

Do you guys know what grades you have to maintain for second term senior year in undergrad in order to keep your acceptance at AMC? Thanks!

Do you guys know what grades you have to maintain for second term senior year in undergrad in order to keep your acceptance at AMC? Thanks!
If you have already been accepted, you should 'pass' your remaining classes, especially if you have any outstanding prerequisites.

Anybody have experience with the admission deposit here?
in the acceptance letter it says pay within 2 weeks, but on the portal it says pay within one week of the acceptance..
And why does it have to be a check/money order.. why can't we just pay it online?
🙃

Anybody have experience with the admission deposit here?
in the acceptance letter it says pay within 2 weeks, but on the portal it says pay within one week of the acceptance..
And why does it have to be a check/money order.. why can't we just pay it online?
🙃
I sent it the same week of acceptance , and they got it like a week later. I would say do it as soon as possible. Idk why it has to be check or money order. Maybe it is because they give you the deposit back if you do not confirm by April 1st.

I sent it the same week of acceptance , and they got it like a week later. I would say do it as soon as possible. Idk why it has to be check or money order. Maybe it is because they give you the deposit back if you do not confirm by April 1st.
what is the April 1st deadline for?

Anyone have any insight or inside information regarding if admissions decisions may be coming out this Friday? Interviewed 3/8 and starting to get antsy/nervous...

Anyone have any insight or inside information regarding if admissions decisions may be coming out this Friday? Interviewed 3/8 and starting to get antsy/nervous...
No idea but many of us have been waiting significantly longer so try and relax :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Everyone from the Feb Interview date got a decision on the Friday ~4 weeks after their interview right? So it'll prob be the same for March interviewees

Everyone from the Feb Interview date got a decision on the Friday ~4 weeks after their interview right? So it'll prob be the same for March interviewees
Who knows. My post-II to UC was 6 weeks and now it's been 10 weeks since then so I'd just get cozy and enjoy the scenery :cool:

• Haha
assuming they are open on good friday... :unsure:
good point! idk what to expect for us, but it looks like last year Good Friday was April 10 with no posts, but then the following Monday (Apr 13) ppl posted about being put on the UC list.
perhaps we’ll also have to wait over the weekend to hear back

Did anybunny receive their Certiphi background check before receiving a decision?
Hey! So i got the same thing and was soo confused? My portal hasn't changed and I didn't receive any emails but when I got on my AMCAS choose my med school tool it basically says I've been accepted here! So weird I really hope its not a glitch!!

Hey! So i got the same thing and was soo confused? My portal hasn't changed and I didn't receive any emails but when I got on my AMCAS choose my Easter basket tool it basically says I've been accepted here! So weird I really hope its not a glitch!!
If the school is there on your choose your medical school tool, you're in. Congrats ;)

Hey! So i got the same thing and was soo confused? My portal hasn't changed and I didn't receive any emails but when I got on my AMCAS choose my Easter basket tool it basically says I've been accepted here! So weird I really hope its not a glitch!!
Same!!! It's kinda hilarious that AMC is going to be the last place to tell us we've been accepted there, but I will obviously take it.

Has this years cycle for albany been delayed compared to last years?