2020-2021 Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anybody (especially any current students) know when we will get financial aid offers/information and how/where we can apply for potential scholarships?
For specifics you might want to contact Financial Aid (there is a specific office for the medical school), but I believe FAFSA wise you get 40,500 (exact number not sure, my current financial aid isn't loading) and you'll be approved for additional Federal Loans up to the COL. I received financial aid information and how to apply for scholarships along with my acceptance package email. I didn't get my financial aid package until 4/28/2020. I hope this helps!
 
Does anyone have any idea how to get the emails of your interviewers to send thank you emails? Should I just email student admissions?
 
Anyone know how long UB is taking with their decisions post-II this year? This thread makes it seem so random but they’re usually so quick.
It seems like they're releasing decisions at the very end/very beginning of every month (I was accepted in the Oct 30th round after an early Sept interview, there was another round first couple days of December). Bc of holidays next round is likely sometime in the next two weeks.

Tbh not sure how they're prioritizing based on when you interviewed because I know people who waited like three months to hear back, some who only waited one month, and some who interviewed in August and have still not heard back.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any idea how to get the emails of your interviewers to send thank you emails? Should I just email student admissions?
My interviewers gave me their emails, but I think you can also just type their name in the UB directory and it'll appear too.
 
My interviewers gave me their emails, but I think you can also just type their name in the UB directory and it'll appear too.
oof, sounds like my interview went great lmao. Alright, I am thinking I will do it through admissions to not be stalker-ish but if all else fails I will do that. Thanks!
 
Just had my interviews and wanted to give my two cents. For those of you with upcoming interviews, don't worry too much about whats on the sdn interview feedback. Focus on your own app and experiences like in traditional interviews, unless of course I just got lucky with my interviewers but I doubt that
 
Have my interviews on Friday. Can anyone speak about how they were like (conversational vs Q&A vs ethical/situational) and how long they were?
 
Have my interviews on Friday. Can anyone speak about how they were like (conversational vs Q&A vs ethical/situational) and how long they were?
They're pretty chill and conversational. You'll get a couple situational things, but nothing outlandish and they can range from 30 min to an hour. My interviewers and I kinda just lost track of time and went beyond, but that's fine, it flies by. Just be you, have fun with it and you'll be okay!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad