2020-2021 Chicago Med at Rosalind Franklin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Completed my VITA on 9/21 but just checked the portal and still nothing!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a gut feeling that I hate to say because I don't want to jinx anything... but... I feel like for the cohort of us who interviewed in the 2/3/4th week of September, that us having silence after the small wave of Post-II Rs and WLs.... is good news. I interpret this as good news. I said it. However, the impending crushing of my dreams will surely come

Reactions: 4 users
I have a gut feeling that I hate to say because I don't want to jinx anything... but... I feel like for the cohort of us who interviewed in the 2/3/4th week of September, that us having silence after the small wave of Post-II Rs and WLs.... is good news. I interpret this as good news. I said it. However, the impending crushing of my dreams will surely come
I'm with you brother (or sister). I'm hoping whoever overheard the 20th might be a big day for acceptances means a good day for us.

I'm with you brother (or sister). I'm hoping whoever overheard the 20th might be a big day for acceptances means a good day for us.
Ohhhhhh I completely forgot that someone mentioned the 20th potentially being a big day prior in the thread. That provides a bit more credibility to my hopes. The anticipation is real.

Got the WL today. Does anyone have an idea what the chances are of coming off of the WL and when that will start to happen?

Reactions: 1 user
I sent this in a PM to an applicant. I figured I'd post here for all to see too

They (Chicago Medical School) dont overaccept students like most schools apparently. So, they never have more than ~189 acceptances out at a given time. So they waitlist a lot of people. And they slowly fill their class using the waitlist after the cycle is over and people drop their acceptance.

I'd say at least half the class was on the waitlist before getting an acceptance in May - July

Got the WL today. Does anyone have an idea what the chances are of coming off of the WL and when that will start to happen?

Found this message from last year's thread from a current CMS student.

EDIT: This doesn't necessarily mean we have a 50% chance of getting an acceptance after being on the alternate list, but the person's estimate was just that half of the matriculants came off the alternate list when the dust settled.

Reactions: 1 users
I guess I will just have to treat it like a rejection and start preparing for next cycle. I am not overly optimistic considering the increased number of apps this year. It would be nice to know where I stood on the waitlist.

I guess I will just have to treat it like a rejection and start preparing for next cycle. I am not overly optimistic considering the increased number of apps this year. It would be nice to know where I stood on the waitlist.

If this was your only interview for now, that's probably a smart thing to do in beginning preparation for next cycle. Hopefully you get some good news after December from here or another place though! It does seem like the admissions committee here is a little more opaque with the process than at some other schools so it's tough to tell where we stand.

Hey all. I submitted my secondary 09/08/20 and haven't heard anything back yet. Should I be worried? 510 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, in-state.

If you are applying for next cycle, I urge you to look into DO programs as well, unless you already have. Dr. Mike on YouTube has a great video on the degree, but it has equal practicing rights and is a little less competitive. I only say this because I didn't know about the option when I started out so I always tell people about it. Always a safe plan to apply to both types of programs

Members don't see this ad :)
Alas.... the 20th is almost upon us ~dark and ominous piano chords play in the background~

• Wow
Alas.... the 20th is almost upon us ~dark and ominous piano chords play in the background~
The 20th makes a lot of sense for a lot of admission decisions to come out since thanksgiving is next week plus what was previously posted on this thread. I'm sure the whole office will take the week off. Hoping for the best tomorrow

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Do you think people that completed VITA interview early November will hear back tomorrow or is that for people in october

For those that got As or Rs following the vita, how long did it take? I submitted my VITA a week ago

For those that got As or Rs following the vita, how long did it take? I submitted my VITA a week ago
i submitted 8 weeks ago and still haven’t heard back. anyone else with me?

Earlier in the thread, someone said they'd called/ emailed admissions and RFU had said we'd hear back before thanksgiving. A different user reported that they'd heard from someone familiar with admissions that 11/20 would be a big day for decisions. So ultimately lots of speculation but I wouldn't be surprised and hope we do receive decisions today. Good luck everyone!!
hopefully by “big day for decisions” it could be “big day for As” ;)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
soooo has something happened to anyone? I'm tired of spamming the refresh button on my portal every minute

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
With all of the speculation we have done, if there is absolute silence today I may have to cry lol

Reactions: 6 users
With all of the speculation we have done, if there is absolute silence today I may have to cry lol
same..lol

There were pre-ii R and post-ii R reported on Monday.
Waitlists were reported on Wednesday.
So Friday has to be the day for something different right..?

Maybe they found out we knew the 20th was a big day and they changed it out of spite?

• Haha
Dang, Friday just made so much sense.... lol! I wonder if anything might come out next week. The anticipation!! :eek:

It’s literally been 9 weeks since submission of my vita...lol guess gonna have to wait another week

Same it’s been like 9 weeks since I submitted my VITA lol the waiting period is tough

I’m sitting at 10 weeks. Really hoped today could be the day. At this point, I wish they would just take me or leave me. I can’t take the silence.

Whose turn is it to email Zachary now

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
does anyone think decisions will come out sometime Monday-Wednesday?

Pre-II rejections 11/18/20. Complete in July. Good Luck
Edit: I have been accepted to another school. Just wanted to leave this here for those who were complete in July and haven't heard since then.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Pre-II rejection just now. Complete in early August. Good luck to those still in the running

• Care
Pre-II rejection today as well. I was complete in early August. Good luck to those still waiting to hear back! I hope its good news :)

• Care
Reactions: 9 users