2020-2021 Cleveland Clinic (Lerner)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for responding. Do you know how many days before the actual interview it was updated? I have mine coming up on Monday but my "Your interview day" tab still doesn't have the zoom link/interviewers posted
If I remember correctly mine was like a week before but I am sure it is variable as they try to find people who's schedules don't conflict
 
Thanks for responding. Do you know how many days before the actual interview it was updated? I have mine coming up on Monday but my "Your interview day" tab still doesn't have the zoom link/interviewers posted
Mine was only about 2 days before but that have been because I was early in the cycle so they were working through the kinks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! So I just received an email for a "phone interview" with an adcom to learn more about md before deciding whether or not to invite me to formally interview.

Has this happened to anyone? Not sure what to make of it or what they would ask...
 
Hi all! So I just received an email for a "phone interview" with an adcom to learn more about md before deciding whether or not to invite me to formally interview.

Has this happened to anyone? Not sure what to make of it or what they would ask...
About md like what a medical degree is or a typo and you meant to say “me”? This is the first I’ve heard of them doing something like that but must mean they’re considering you at the very least!
 
About md like what a medical degree is or a typo and you meant to say “me”? This is the first I’ve heard of them doing something like that but must mean they’re considering you at the very least!

Sorry, typo I meant "me".

Yeah I have of heard of them doing this either! They provided me with the email of the adcom to schedule a phone interview. I'm glad they are considering me obviously, but not sure what to expect or how prep to secure an actual ii

And I still have note heard back from the university program.

Was complete late August
 
Sorry, typo I meant "me".

Yeah I have of heard of them doing this either! They provided me with the email of the adcom to schedule a phone interview. I'm glad they are considering me obviously, but not sure what to expect or how prep to secure an actual ii

And I still have note heard back from the university program.

Was complete late August
I'm curious did your portal change at all to show a "web interview" tab? Nevertheless I interviewed last month and they do a great job at making you feel welcomed and valued so I can't imagine your phone interview will be any less than that so congrats! 🙂
 
I'm curious did your portal change at all to show a "web interview" tab? Nevertheless I interviewed last month and they do a great job at making you feel welcomed and valued so I can't imagine your phone interview will be any less than that so congrats! 🙂

No my portal did not change.

I am glad I'm being considered, I just find it odd that I have been unable to find anyone else who has been asked for a phone interview...
 
Could anyone who has already interviewed tell us whether interviews are open or closed file? I cannot find this info anywhere for some reason
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there still no one here that has been offered a phone interview prior to an actual II? I will be having a phone interview soon and cannot find any information about it. Am I the only one? Lol
 
Is there still no one here that has been offered a phone interview prior to an actual II? I will be having a phone interview soon and cannot find any information about it. Am I the only one? Lol
Saw reports of phone interviews last year but the ones I saw turned into R’s unfortunately
 
Thank you for sharing that! Could applicants who interviewed in late November be hearing around then as well?
The last committee meeting was the week before Thanksgiving, so I would say if you interviewed after the 19th, you probably were not considered at this meeting. Also, they only send out acceptances for the first 16 spots in this first round, so if you did not hear back that does NOT mean you are waitlisted, you could simply be in the next 16 (depending on how other peoples interviews go of course!).
 
The last committee meeting was the week before Thanksgiving, so I would say if you interviewed after the 19th, you probably were not considered at this meeting. Also, they only send out acceptances for the first 16 spots in this first round, so if you did not hear back that does NOT mean you are waitlisted, you could simply be in the next 16 (depending on how other peoples interviews go of course!).
Thank you so much for telling us about that!
 
The last committee meeting was the week before Thanksgiving, so I would say if you interviewed after the 19th, you probably were not considered at this meeting. Also, they only send out acceptances for the first 16 spots in this first round, so if you did not hear back that does NOT mean you are waitlisted, you could simply be in the next 16 (depending on how other peoples interviews go of course!).

How many meetings do they typically have a cycle? And how many acceptance do they give out to fill the 32 seats?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did anyone who interviewed also receive an interview email today? I interviewed back in September and just received an email that says "I have been invited to interview". It's probably a glitch but wondering if anyone got it too.