Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope they sent my interview to you by mistake haha
Same hahaha
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I hope they sent my interview to you by mistake haha
I hope they sent my interview to you by mistake haha
Tell your friend I’m rooting for them. We all know that’s a pretty good signA friend’s PI got an email about scheduling a call on Sunday!
Are their stats amazing, asking for me who’s stats are notA friend’s PI got an email about scheduling a call on Sunday!
I second that, because my stats def ain’t fire, but my writing style is somewhat sexy...so hopefully my activities section and personal statement is enough to gain some attention lol. I’m going on a hope and a prayer at this point lolAre their stats amazing, asking for me who’s stats are not
I asked and she says her stats are the average for case western so I’m guessing LizzyM 75-78Are their stats amazing, asking for me who’s stats are not
n=1 but I thought it was pretty relaxed and conversational. They asked a few thought provoking questions, but other than that it was fairly normal.How was the interview here? Was it stressful or pretty relaxed?
Fairly relaxed, I enjoyed my interviewsHow was the interview here? Was it stressful or pretty relaxed?
Your friend's update about her PI is all I have been thinking about since you told us and my neuroticism is at all time highs 🥲I asked and she says her stats are the average for case western so I’m guessing lizzym 75-78
Dang sorry I shouldn’t have mentioned it 😂Your friend's update about her PI is all I have been thinking about since you told us and my neuroticism is at all time highs 🥲
if I get an R from UP does that mean I'm still in the running for CC or was R for both?
Ahhhh well early congrats!I just spoke to my PI and he said he received a call from them yesterday :O
I interviewed on 10/22
I was under the impression pi call = acceptance, they just want to confirm you aren’t in lab as just the dishwasherI’m curious, does CCLCM call the PIs of people they’re considering highly/planning to accept? I know someone who got in the program last year but their PI never received a call or anything.
I’m curious, does CCLCM call the PIs of people they’re considering highly/planning to accept? I know someone who got in the program last year but their PI never received a call or anything.
MY PI IS GETTING A CALL TODAY AHHHHHHH
I’m stoked for you !!!!!!!!MY PI IS GETTING A CALL TODAY AHHHHHHH
Received II today for college program. Complete 11/12.
Good luck to everyone!
Only date I could schedule was 1/28/20.That's so exciting! Congrats! Do you know how far are they scheduled? Hopefully, there might be more dates due to COVID-19 but I'm not holding any breath.
Only date I could schedule was 1/28/20.
Bruh how did you get those stats JesusMy PI said she had not been called as of 12/9 when I last talked with her. Interviewed late October. 3.99/527 for those who will ask.
Do PIs of accepted students always get called?
My PI said she had not been called as of 12/9 when I last talked with her. Interviewed late October. 3.99/527 for those who will ask.
Do PIs of accepted students always get called?
Looking back at past years threads, a few people on the waitlist had their PI called but didn't get an A.Bruh how did you get those stats Jesus
But also wanna know the answer to the pi thing and vis versa if pi call always = acceptance
How about for people prior to getting waitlisted? Like from the first round of acceptancesLooking back at past years threads, a few people on the waitlist had their PI called but didn't get an A.
I couldn’t agree more. The fact I even received an II from them given my paper stats made me feel like they really do try to do a holistic approachTo echo what plsadmitme says, stats are definitely only part of the picture. I do believe they are truly taking a holistic approach. I think that having a demonstrated enthusiasm for research, STRONG letters of support from research supervisors, and clear idea of why exactly you would benefit from this program and how you plan to use this experience going forwards, supersede stats. Of course, I don't think this just applies to CCLCM, I believe it applies to all research-focus schools (this is coming from someone with multiple red flags).
Same. Hoping the best for youI hate being so anxious. It’s so unlike me
Me n you both 🤦🏾♂️🤦🏾♂️Do they send out Rs during this time as well? Just bracing myself 😬
I feel like from last years thread WL’s and R’s didn’t come till after the second round of A’s but I could be wrongDo they send out Rs during this time as well? Just bracing myself 😬
99% sure they don't come out first round because I remember them saying on interview day that everyone who doesn't get an A in December gets re-evaluated for 2nd roundDo they send out Rs during this time as well? Just bracing myself 😬
The first ranking meeting was this past Tuesday on 12/11. The second ranking meeting will be on 2/5/19. Scoring for each candidates discussed were tabulated this week and will generate rank order. The PIs of the first 16 accepted will be contacted, probably starting next Monday. Discussion regarding your passion for research, your involvement in the research project and how well you got along with the research team will be discussed. This will take about a week, so the earliest that the first 16 accepted will hear from Dr. Franco, is after 12/20-12/21. Generally, the first 16 will be notified just before Christmas. Good luck to all!
From the 2018 threadOnly the first 16 accepted PIs will be called. I am not sure if acceptance calls have already been made by Dr. Franco, and whether or not those accepted will post here. It would be helpful information for everyone if you are one of the first 16 to acknowledge a CCLCM acceptance.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
oo in my humble opinion this means call=A so congratss!!From the 2018 thread
Thank you! You have no idea how badly I hope that this is true and that I won't be the exception to itoo in my humble opinion this means call=A so congratss!!
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.