SpreadKindness20
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine came yesterday via email.Congrats! Did you get it today, and did you get an email notifying you?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Mine came yesterday via email.Congrats! Did you get it today, and did you get an email notifying you?
I believe need is reassessed every year, so fin aid could change year to year.Does anyone know if the scholarships renew every year?
YES! There’s a financial aid application in the website, go fill it out ASAP it’s not too long. Though you also need to submit a CSS profile and submit tax info.I completed my fafsa for them but I haven’t done anything else in terms of applying for fin aid, am I missing anything? I don’t believe I’ve gotten any emails from fin aid asking me to fill anything else out...
for those of you who got your packages, did you fill out any additional paperwork/etc?
On the application portal?YES! There’s a financial aid application in the website, go fill it out ASAP it’s not too long. Though you also need to submit a CSS profile and submit tax info.
No, here’s the app:On the application portal?
Thanks!!No, here’s the app:
Financial Aid Application – Financial Aid Office
geiselmed.dartmouth.edu
And here’s the instructions/checklist
YesIf you were waitlisted but sent your FAFSA to Dartmouth, should you fill out the financial aid application anyways just in case so on the chance you were accepted, they'll have your information ready to go?
Thank you SO much!!!! I really appreciate it! idk how I missed that stuff lolNo, here’s the app:
Financial Aid Application – Financial Aid Office
geiselmed.dartmouth.edu
And here’s the instructions/checklist
Aside from the YouTube video they’ve sent out, has anyone seen a full match list for Dartmouth?
Edit: I meant 2021 match list
What is a CSS profile?YES! There’s a financial aid application in the website, go fill it out ASAP it’s not too long. Though you also need to submit a CSS profile and submit tax info.
This: Apply for College Financial Aid – CSS ProfileWhat is a CSS profile?
What happened? 😳Can any current students speak about this recent cheating scandal?
Can any current students speak about this recent cheating scandal?
Big thread in med student forums: MD - Cheating allegations engulf Dartmouth medical schoolWhat happened? 😳
What happened? 😳
Does anyone know the maximum amount of grants they award in fin aid packages?
Do you know if they match other schools' FA packages?When I spoke to financial aid they told me the maximum is typically around half tuition scholarships - hope that helps!!
They do not!Do you know if they match other schools' FA packages?
Also going to withdraw. This says a lot about the program...“the medical school released a new social media policy that warned students against disparaging members of the medical school, adding that anonymous posters could be identified.”
This is so ****ed. Haven't been accepted but withdrawing from the waitlist. Its all about health and wellness until something could possibly damage the jnstitutions image.
Yeah its even more concerning after reading the detailed letter the students put out...Also going to withdraw. This says a lot about the program...
Would you mind linking the piece put out by students? I can't find it. Thank you!This situation is appalling. Dartmouth needs to get it together. Duane Compton seems entirely uninterested in actually listening to his students. Plus he's a PhD... as the dean of a medical school. Not even a medical doctor. Disgraceful. If you are thinking about attending here, strongly consider whether you are comfortable with the administrators in the video linked above as your leaders. And read the entire piece put out by the students.
MD - Cheating allegations engulf Dartmouth medical schoolWould you mind linking the piece put out by students? I can't find it. Thank you!
Here is the link to the open letter itself. There apparently is going to by a NYT article in the near future.Would you mind linking the piece put out by students? I can't find it. Thank you!
Here is the link to the open letter itself. There apparently is going to by a NYT article in the near future.
Thank you both!
If anyone could accurately predict this during any year, they should skip med school and just make bank picking stocks.Anyone on the WL hear anything? Does anyone know how the WL movement is going to be this year?
I emailed Geisel about if seats are yet to be filled and they said “Our commit to enroll deadline is June 15th which means we likely won't have our class finalized until the third week of June. We expect to continue to offer admission off the waitlist until that deadline. I hope that is helpful and we appreciate your patience and understanding.”Anyone heard anything about WL movement lately or get the “still interested?” calls like in previous years?
Wow that’s late lol! Thank you for sharing btw 🙂I emailed Geisel about if seats are yet to be filled and they said “Our commit to enroll deadline is June 15th which means we likely won't have our class finalized until the third week of June. We expect to continue to offer admission off the waitlist until that deadline. I hope that is helpful and we appreciate your patience and understanding.”
so super vague LOL
No worries! but from their email it seems like they're all ready accepting people off the WL right?Wow that’s late lol! Thank you for sharing btw 🙂
Yes, I got that impression too! Also seems like the FB group keeps getting bigger. Completely silent on my end though 🙁No worries! but from their email it seems like they're all ready accepting people off the WL right?
Did their CTE deadline change from last year? I thought it was on July 1st but June 15th would be betterI emailed Geisel about if seats are yet to be filled and they said “Our commit to enroll deadline is June 15th which means we likely won't have our class finalized until the third week of June. We expect to continue to offer admission off the waitlist until that deadline. I hope that is helpful and we appreciate your patience and understanding.”
so super vague LOL
Congrats! Did you get a call or email? And how many letters did you send in if you don’t mind me asking?Just got off the Waitlist! Interviewed 3/25
Thank you! And they notified me via email. I just sent one letter of continued interest when I got waitlisted on 4/2. Good luck!!Congrats! Did you get a call or email? And how many letters did you send in if you don’t mind me asking?
Admitted student here - we had bunch of new students join our group chats! I think there was a sig movement this Monday/Tuesday?!Has anyone else on the waitlist heard from Geisel recently?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.