2020-2021 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Post-II R!!! Interviewed 02/07/2021 ORM LM70.5
It's been a great run--- Congrats to those getting in right now and those in the running. Good luck and may we work together one day :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Okay, so acceptances, waitlists, and rejections are going out today. Come on Dartmouth! Just give me a decision already!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
WL yesterday, probably withdrawing since I've been lucky enough to have a successful cycle, wishing the rest of you so much luck and I hope everything works out for you!

Reactions: 1 user
How is the WL movement at Geisel? Has anyone heard anything?
They really aren't lying when they say it varies. Last year's thread didn't have anyone posting that they got off the WL (might have been offers that weren't posted) but the 2018/19 thread had a handful of people post about being accepted off of the waitlist. MSAR is definitely misleading as it says the WL is only 10-30 students, but people in previous threads say that the total interviews are split with 1/3 accepted, 1/3 WL, and 1/3 rejected. That would imply at least 200 people on the WL (not sure how many accept their spot though). Basically there's no formula but it seems like any offers will come out from early to mid-May.

Just go the II ! Any advice from others who have already interviewed?

Just go the II ! Any advice from others who have already interviewed?
Let the non-traditional and unique aspects of your application shine throughout the interview. I didn’t click with my faculty interviewer and thought I bombed the interview honestly, but I stuck with my non-trad message and got the A a few weeks later.

Let the non-traditional and unique aspects of your application shine throughout the interview. I didn’t click with my faculty interviewer and thought I bombed the interview honestly, but I stuck with my non-trad message and got the A a few weeks later.
Bro you are everywhere. 14 acceptances!!

• Haha
Would anyone who got the A today mind sharing if they interviewed on the 11th or 18th of February?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
So are we thinking 2/25 interviews will potentially hear back this Friday?

If anyone else is needing an outlet for all of their nervous energy or just want to talk about this cycle, feel free to PM me! My family is sick of hearing me talk about how much I want to go here, so I think it could be mutually therapeutic lol

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just got that wait list, baby! Interviewed beginning of November.

Has anyone received a financial aid package from Geisel yet?
No. They just received their Board of Trustees cost for this coming school year so they’ll probably start sending aid packages within the next week or two. That’s what the Director of Financial Aid told me.

Post-II R. Interviewed Feb 18. Sent a letter of intent the day before too!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Damn, WLed after mid-Feb interview. I loved this school :(

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know when the last committee meeting is (i.e. when the rest of us will hear back?) I just gotta figure out if I can cancel my current lease or if I should renew it for next year if I didn't get in, would love to know when decisions are made

Does anyone know when the last committee meeting is (i.e. when the rest of us will hear back?) I just gotta figure out if I can cancel my current lease or if I should renew it for next year if I didn't get in, would love to know when decisions are made
my interview group (interviewed in March) was told that everyone could expect to hear back by the first week of April at the very latest!

Has anyone received a Dartmouth email address or student account after their acceptance?

Anyone have recommendations for the group part of the interview? Haven't had one of those yet so I'm a bit nervous for it.

Anyone have recommendations for the group part of the interview? Haven't had one of those yet so I'm a bit nervous for it.
Speak up but don't be rude/too overbearing. Try to be as conciliatory as possible. Be a good listener and build off of other people's ideas.

Main goal is to work together, handle differences in opinion in solving a common goal, and try to make sure everyone is engaged in problem solving. Biff has good pointers too.

Just checked MSAR and saw that Dartmouth said they typically only extend 10-30 waitlist offers per cycle, and admit about 4 from waitlist starting in May.

Y'all think thats accurate? I was surprised to see so few WL positions since it seems like many have been announced in this thread alone.

Just checked MSAR and saw that Dartmouth said they typically only extend 10-30 waitlist offers per cycle, and admit about 4 from waitlist starting in May.

Y'all think thats accurate? I was surprised to see so few WL positions since it seems like many have been announced in this thread alone.
Might be higher this year since people are accepting more interviews (no travel/lodging/time costs), but hard to know the situation at Geisel specifically and how their admissions team is strategizing.

Main goal is to work together, handle differences in opinion in solving a common goal, and try to make sure everyone is engaged in problem solving. Biff has good pointers too.
Speak up but don't be rude/too overbearing. Try to be as conciliatory as possible. Be a good listener and build off of other people's ideas.
Thank you both! That is very helpful

I think this is the number of people that stay on the waitlist and aren't "released" by Dartmouth. So while ~250 waitlist offers are made, only ~30 "stay" if that makes sense. I know towards the summer, they start releasing people off of the waitlist, and only 10-30 remain

I think this is the number of people that stay on the waitlist and aren't "released" by Dartmouth. So while ~250 waitlist offers are made, only ~30 "stay" if that makes sense. I know towards the summer, they start releasing people off of the waitlist, and only 10-30 remain
Lol that would be a strange and deceptive way to present that data. Would make more sense though

Where did you get the 250 number from?

Good luck to all of the folks interviewing tomorrow!

For letter of intent, do we just upload it to the portal or can we also send it to the dean of admissions

Accepted!!! Also interviewed 3/11! Literally over the moon, this was my top choice and I can’t wait to meet you all if you choose to attend!! ❤️

Reactions: 2 users
Aside from the YouTube video they’ve sent out, has anyone seen a full match list for Dartmouth?

Edit: I meant 2021 match list

Last edited:
Aside from the YouTube video they’ve sent out, has anyone seen a full match list for Dartmouth?

Here are the match lists from 2013-2020, consistently good every year imo :)