You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Dartmouth (Geisel)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
medschoolapplicant5
New Member
A!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!! INTERVIEWED MID FEBRUARY
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They really aren't lying when they say it varies. Last year's thread didn't have anyone posting that they got off the WL (might have been offers that weren't posted) but the 2018/19 thread had a handful of people post about being accepted off of the waitlist. MSAR is definitely misleading as it says the WL is only 10-30 students, but people in previous threads say that the total interviews are split with 1/3 accepted, 1/3 WL, and 1/3 rejected. That would imply at least 200 people on the WL (not sure how many accept their spot though). Basically there's no formula but it seems like any offers will come out from early to mid-May.How is the WL movement at Geisel? Has anyone heard anything?
Let the non-traditional and unique aspects of your application shine throughout the interview. I didn’t click with my faculty interviewer and thought I bombed the interview honestly, but I stuck with my non-trad message and got the A a few weeks later.Just go the II ! Any advice from others who have already interviewed?
Bro you are everywhere. 14 acceptances!!Let the non-traditional and unique aspects of your application shine throughout the interview. I didn’t click with my faculty interviewer and thought I bombed the interview honestly, but I stuck with my non-trad message and got the A a few weeks later.
effervescentseaotter
Full Member
Holy !@$###%! Got the A earlier today! Interviewed mid-feb
effervescentseaotter
Full Member
I interviewed feb 18th
Thank you!Let the non-traditional and unique aspects of your application shine throughout the interview. I didn’t click with my faculty interviewer and thought I bombed the interview honestly, but I stuck with my non-trad message and got the A a few weeks later.
So are we thinking 2/25 interviews will potentially hear back this Friday?
If anyone else is needing an outlet for all of their nervous energy or just want to talk about this cycle, feel free to PM me! My family is sick of hearing me talk about how much I want to go here, so I think it could be mutually therapeutic lol
If anyone else is needing an outlet for all of their nervous energy or just want to talk about this cycle, feel free to PM me! My family is sick of hearing me talk about how much I want to go here, so I think it could be mutually therapeutic lol
Just got that wait list, baby! Interviewed beginning of November.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WL, interviewed November
Sorry for the late reply, late 10/15Hi! Which date was your secondary sent out?
DorianDinosaur
Full Member
Has anyone received a financial aid package from Geisel yet?
No. They just received their Board of Trustees cost for this coming school year so they’ll probably start sending aid packages within the next week or two. That’s what the Director of Financial Aid told me.Has anyone received a financial aid package from Geisel yet?
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
Is there a GroupMe for admitted students, or just the Facebook group?
absolutewasteman
Full Member
my interview group (interviewed in March) was told that everyone could expect to hear back by the first week of April at the very latest!Does anyone know when the last committee meeting is (i.e. when the rest of us will hear back?) I just gotta figure out if I can cancel my current lease or if I should renew it for next year if I didn't get in, would love to know when decisions are made
buffalo bill
Full Member
Has anyone received a Dartmouth email address or student account after their acceptance?
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
Does anyone know the timeline on financial aid offers here?
apoptotic_bleb
Full Member
No I was accepted on 2/12 and haven’t received any student email/account info yetHas anyone received a Dartmouth email address or student account after their acceptance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Speak up but don't be rude/too overbearing. Try to be as conciliatory as possible. Be a good listener and build off of other people's ideas.Anyone have recommendations for the group part of the interview? Haven't had one of those yet so I'm a bit nervous for it.
buffalo bill
Full Member
Main goal is to work together, handle differences in opinion in solving a common goal, and try to make sure everyone is engaged in problem solving. Biff has good pointers too.Anyone have recommendations for the group part of the interview? Haven't had one of those yet so I'm a bit nervous for it.
Just checked MSAR and saw that Dartmouth said they typically only extend 10-30 waitlist offers per cycle, and admit about 4 from waitlist starting in May.
Y'all think thats accurate? I was surprised to see so few WL positions since it seems like many have been announced in this thread alone.
Y'all think thats accurate? I was surprised to see so few WL positions since it seems like many have been announced in this thread alone.
Any news on financial aid?
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
Might be higher this year since people are accepting more interviews (no travel/lodging/time costs), but hard to know the situation at Geisel specifically and how their admissions team is strategizing.Just checked MSAR and saw that Dartmouth said they typically only extend 10-30 waitlist offers per cycle, and admit about 4 from waitlist starting in May.
Y'all think thats accurate? I was surprised to see so few WL positions since it seems like many have been announced in this thread alone.
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
Don't think so. Their finaid submission deadline is April 1, might not be before then.Any news on financial aid?
apoptotic_bleb
Full Member
not yet on my endAny news on financial aid?
Main goal is to work together, handle differences in opinion in solving a common goal, and try to make sure everyone is engaged in problem solving. Biff has good pointers too.
Thank you both! That is very helpfulSpeak up but don't be rude/too overbearing. Try to be as conciliatory as possible. Be a good listener and build off of other people's ideas.
I think this is the number of people that stay on the waitlist and aren't "released" by Dartmouth. So while ~250 waitlist offers are made, only ~30 "stay" if that makes sense. I know towards the summer, they start releasing people off of the waitlist, and only 10-30 remainJust checked MSAR and saw that Dartmouth said they typically only extend 10-30 waitlist offers per cycle, and admit about 4 from waitlist starting in May.
Y'all think thats accurate? I was surprised to see so few WL positions since it seems like many have been announced in this thread alone.
Lol that would be a strange and deceptive way to present that data. Would make more sense thoughI think this is the number of people that stay on the waitlist and aren't "released" by Dartmouth. So while ~250 waitlist offers are made, only ~30 "stay" if that makes sense. I know towards the summer, they start releasing people off of the waitlist, and only 10-30 remain
stickyokra
Full Member
Where did you get the 250 number from?I think this is the number of people that stay on the waitlist and aren't "released" by Dartmouth. So while ~250 waitlist offers are made, only ~30 "stay" if that makes sense. I know towards the summer, they start releasing people off of the waitlist, and only 10-30 remain
PrideGoalie
New Member
I reached out to their office, and I believe that they started reviewing cases this week and will send packages out on a rolling basis. Fingers crossed for $$!Any news on financial aid?
Good luck to all of the folks interviewing tomorrow!
For letter of intent, do we just upload it to the portal or can we also send it to the dean of admissions
Accepted!!!! Interviewed on 3/11!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
buffalo bill
Full Member
Aside from the YouTube video they’ve sent out, has anyone seen a full match list for Dartmouth?
Edit: I meant 2021 match list
Edit: I meant 2021 match list
Last edited:
Aside from the YouTube video they’ve sent out, has anyone seen a full match list for Dartmouth?
Residency Matches
At the annual Match Day Ceremony, fourth-year Geisel medical students gather with friends and family to celebrate their accomplishments and find out where they will take the next step in their medi…
Here are the match lists from 2013-2020, consistently good every year imo 🙂
got FA package!
apoptotic_bleb
Full Member
Congrats! Did you get it today, and did you get an email notifying you?got FA package!