You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Dartmouth (Geisel)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just received an II! Any advice for this interview? I would appreciate it for the rest of my life 🙃
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! Which date was your secondary sent out?I just received an II! Any advice for this interview? I would appreciate it for the rest of my life 🙃
Do you all know if there's any push by students/faculty to move away from "Geisel" given that his a lot of his work was incredibly racist?
Pre II R - Complete early-mid sep (Received 10ish am central time)
ImmunoFanatic
Full Member
Has anyone interviewed for the MD/PhD program this cycle and not heard back anything yet? I've seen some post-II rejections but haven't seen anything about WLs/As.
Has anyone heard about financial aid/know when they'll star to release packages?
MollyWeasley
Full Member
Submitted everything a while back and nothingHas anyone heard about financial aid/know when they'll star to release packages?
apoptotic_bleb
Full Member
It’s says on the IDOC/CSS portal packaging starts 3/15 for GeiselSubmitted everything a while back and nothing
Finally got the R- complete August 11.
I gotta say, I'm grateful for this school because it kept me hopeful for an II because I dodged so many R waves until now that I always believed I would eventually get an II. I kept hope until I got my one and only MD II and acceptance from another school!! So gluck everyone else!
I gotta say, I'm grateful for this school because it kept me hopeful for an II because I dodged so many R waves until now that I always believed I would eventually get an II. I kept hope until I got my one and only MD II and acceptance from another school!! So gluck everyone else!
thehumanamerica
Full Member
Got an II for mid-March after being complete late August! LM 73
Doesn’t seem like itDo we think they’ll release an acceptance today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, different students. There is no pressure to do absolutely anything. It is not evaluated. It’s simply a chance to get your questions answered if you have any, or just listen to the answers for other people’s questions.Were the Geisel conversations relaxed? Like can I just show up with a couple of casual questions I have or do I need to prepare in any way? And are the students different from the ones who are doing interviews?
D
deleted1051525
As an FYI on this point - I later talked 1:1 with a med student from one of these sessions and she told me that she literally just responded to an email asking if current students were willing to chat with prospective students and has zero connection to the admissions process. I know students always tell us that they have no say in our status, but I think many of us still have the feeling that these sessions are sort of an extension of our interviews. However, at least at Geisel (but I think prob in general) these sessions REALLY are just to gain info and get a feel for the student body! Just putting this here for anyone who needs to hear it (or who was on the fence about asking about the small goofy things that will actually affect our lives like idk the parking situation or free coffee or something haha).And are the students different from the ones who are doing interviews?
medicinespiration
New Member
Pre II R an hour ago
II just now.
Does anyone know when they’ll start reaching out to students who interviewed earlier? Interviewed end of Jan and haven’t heard anything 🙁
+1, interviewed NovemberWL just now, interviewed mid january
So they're releasing decisions finally? Interviewed early November and haven't heard a peep!
WL just now, interviewed mid january
Were these notifications via email or portal?+1, interviewed November
i got an email saying i was waitlisted, andy portal has been updatedWere these notifications via email or portal?
WL just now, interviewed 1/14
bengaltiger
New Member
+1; anyone know how the waitlist movement has been in the past at Geisel?WL just now, interviewed 1/14
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WL. Interviewed in November
Honestly felt like this was my worst interview of the cycle. Won't be surprised if this silence turns into a post-II R 🥴
WL, interviewed in October
Has anyone who interviewed on 2/4 or later heard anything yet?
Got hit with the WL as well. Not sure what to think. MSAR has very promising numbers but it seems like no one got in off it last year. Also who knows what to think during this year, they’re probably waitlisting way more people than usual
ImmunoFanatic
Full Member
Interviewed early November for MD/PhD and haven't heard back anything yet. 😩
+1 WL. Interviewed early december
If we interviewed a few months ago (before Feb) and we haven’t been hit with a WL could it mean post II R or possible chance of acceptance?
So exhausted with this process...
So exhausted with this process...
It looks like last year there was a huge acceptance wave on the first Friday in March (since the adcom apparently meets every Thursday). Let’s see if that holds true this year!
I just got an Interview Invite! I'm excited!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Email or phone call?A !!!!! WOW!!!!!! Interviewed mid-Feb!
THANK you! Email!Congrats! Email or phone call?
Post-II R!!! Interviewed 02/07/2021 ORM LM70.5
It's been a great run--- Congrats to those getting in right now and those in the running. Good luck and may we work together one day 🙂
It's been a great run--- Congrats to those getting in right now and those in the running. Good luck and may we work together one day 🙂