2020-2021 Eastern Virginia (EVMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm OOS and still waiting for any email or call
Likewise. I am OOS, non-trad so still waiting to hear back

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS Also still Waiting for a secondary or an R!

Reactions: 4 users
How are y'all inputting prereqs that had combined lecture and lab? Should I leave the lab part blank or just input the 4 credits for both?

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting for secondary or pre secondary R :/

I’m IS and have yet to receive a secondary. Anyone else?

Reactions: 5 users
+5 IS this morning. I heard they are very slow bc they review primaries holistically before sending secondary.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I am a current student (just finished M1 year). Ask me anything.

hi! Can you comment on curriculum? How much time is spent in passive learning (lectures) vs active learning (case, problem, or team based learning?)

hi! Can you comment on curriculum? How much time is spent in passive learning (lectures) vs active learning (case, problem, or team based learning?)
Well honestly right now , with covid , I don’t know what the new situation will be like . But generally , the school is really big on active learning . Also - and this is the best part- we have blocks vs separate subjects . It helps integrate all the material together .

Well honestly right now , with covid , I don’t know what the new situation will be like . But generally , the school is really big on active learning . Also - and this is the best part- we have blocks vs separate subjects . It helps integrate all the material together .

I love that! Definitely understand things might change, but how often do you have lectures typically? Is active learning the foundation for the entire curriculum or just sprinkled in?

OOS still waiting for secondary or R!
Hopefully im not the only one. I see quite a few people got them today.

I love that! Definitely understand things might change, but how often do you have lectures typically? Is active learning the foundation for the entire curriculum or just sprinkled in?
It is really hard to answer that question . Like, what do you consider foundation ? What do you consider sprinkled? In the integrated modules everything js mixed together . When module just starts, the lectures are frontloaded mostly - for example next week, when school starts , we have 11 lectures , the following 2 weeks only 8. (This is a “heavy” module though , during first year u don’t have as many). Then once a week we have clinical skills where we practice on standardized pts, about every 2 weeks we have ultrasound labs. Once a week roughly we have small groups with small cases and such . So , there is a lot to do .
Plus there are voluntary things you can do - I am a member of a journal club , for example , where we analyze a full research article once a week .

the thing about active learning - you WANT it, but not too much of it because it does take time away from memorizing and learning for the boards . So you want a well balanced combo of both . I think EVMS does a really good job in balancing cases and small groups , clinical skills , ultrasound curriculum , and lectures .

SECONDARY RECIEVED OOS!!!!!!! Wooooo

Reactions: 2 users
got my R and some (personalized?) feedback on my app - i respect it LOL good luck everyone!
Good luck with your other schools! Do you mind sharing your stats or if you're OOS? I'm also OOS and haven't heard anything myself

Good luck with your other schools! Do you mind sharing your stats or if you're OOS? I'm also OOS and haven't heard anything myself
Would you mind also sharing your stats with me? Still waiting to hear back. OOS, verified on May 29th
Would you also mind sharing stats with me? OOS ty
Me too please lol. Was verified day 1 and have heard nothing

hi everyone - i'm OOS, LM 65! i'm low gpa high mcat, their email recommended i apply to masters programs if i have an unsuccessful cycle lol

If we're still waiting on a secondary with no R so far, should we take that as a good sign in hopes of a secondary soon? Feeling anxious but hopeful.

If we're still waiting on a secondary with no R so far, should we take that as a good sign in hopes of a secondary soon? Feeling anxious but hopeful.
I’m an incoming M1 here I would say don’t worry. There are a lot of schools still handling the application cycle while working from home. EVMS takes the time to review every primary before sending out a secondary. It is very early in the cycle .

Secondary received! OOS, 67.5 LM score, high gpa low mcat

• Wow
I didn't apply to this school yet for this cycle (reapplicant). But I received "Withdrawal Notice" ..

So envious of you all! It looks like secondary distribution is picking up speed...hoping to get one soon, too.

OOS, MCAT 511, GPA 3.6. Verified before 7/10, no secondary yet :(

me too just now except i did reapply so very confused

I also just got this same email... very confused. I applied last year (didn’t get in) and reapplied with this cycle (got my secondary like one week ago). I hope they didn’t just get rid of my application lmao, I was planning on doing their secondary next week! Anyone else get the same email/called the office?

i’m thinking the “withdrawal notice” thing is in regards to last years cycle? because it seems it has gone to people that applied last year

i’m thinking the “withdrawal notice” thing is in regards to last years cycle? because it seems it has gone to people that applied last year

Just checked the "survey" they sent us. Can confirm they were talking about 2019-2020 cycle. I am still confused about why they consider this as a "withdrawal"..They just never granted me an interview lmao