-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Geisinger Commonwealth
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
HopefulMed123
Full Member
Aaaah, I need to stop seeing everything as a sign 😆I also noticed the new button but I don't think it's indicative of a possible response anytime soon lol
doingmybest10
Full Member
Says i was accepted in portal, no email/ actual offer letter pdf yet. Happen to anyone else/ anyone know when I can expect to see the offer specifically addressed to me?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe check junk mail? Also congrats, when did you interview?Says i was accepted in portal, no email/ actual offer letter pdf yet. Happen to anyone else/ anyone know when I can expect to see the offer specifically addressed to me?
doingmybest10
Full Member
Thanks sm! interview ~10/27, IS. my communication status in the portal says no email was sent, so not entirely sure whats up hahaMaybe check junk mail? Also congrats, when did you interview?
D
deleted889667
I was accepted 12/15 and the offer letter showed up in my email this AM! Had the PDF specifically addressed to me & financial aid infoThanks sm! interview ~10/27, IS. my communication status in the portal says no email was sent, so not entirely sure whats up haha
+1I was accepted 12/15 and the offer letter showed up in my email this AM! Had the PDF specifically addressed to me & financial aid info
HopefulMed123
Full Member
Congratulations! When was your interview?I was accepted 12/15 and the offer letter showed up in my email this AM! Had the PDF specifically addressed to me & financial aid info
D
deleted889667
Thanks! 11/4Congratulations! When was your interview?
futurephysician74!
Full Member
So... who else haven’t heard back?
I was interviewed on 11/04 and haven’t heard back yet. Anyone interviewed before me still waiting for the decision?
Anyone know if we are being pushed back for next month decision or they still sending decisions?
I was interviewed on 11/04 and haven’t heard back yet. Anyone interviewed before me still waiting for the decision?
Anyone know if we are being pushed back for next month decision or they still sending decisions?
Minnesotaaaa
New Member
I also interviewed on 11/4 and haven't heard back yet. I hope they don't push back another month...So... who else haven’t heard back?
I was interviewed on 11/04 and haven’t heard back yet. Anyone interviewed before me still waiting for the decision?
Anyone know if we are being pushed back for next month decision or they still sending decisions?
I just looked at the past couple years' threads. It looks like the next round of decisions will come mid-late January (27th last year and 16th the year prior).
Time for a deep breath a few more weeks of waiting.
I had a feeling this would be the case. We got this team sending positive vibes and prayers everyone's way as we continue to wait!
bunsenburnerbabe
Full Member
deferred crew WYA ☕🐸
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yesssirr you OOS?deferred crew WYA ☕🐸
HopefulMed123
Full Member
Did you just hear back? If so, when did you interview?deferred crew WYA ☕🐸
bunsenburnerbabe
Full Member
Yesssirr you OOS?
I'm In-State, and I interviewed October 19! And no, I heard back two days ago but I have never posted on SDN until now so here I am. I'm bummed a little bit because I have 0 A's and love this school, it would have been amazing to be accepted; however I think we still are receiving the same consideration as newly interviewed apps.... so I'm trying to just see it in a more positive light. My stats aren't superb, although I have good experiences, but I know there's some very competitive applicants out there so I'm not necessarily surprised they held off on making the decision for later. We have to remember there's tons of applicants holding onto >5 acceptances right now and eventually those seats will open - our time will come 🙏Did you just hear back? If so, when did you interview?
doingmybest10
Full Member
At the risk of repeating other's questions, can someone let me know if their personal offer letter shows up in their portal after receiving the email? Still no email about offer(not in communication history) but offer tab still exists on portal. Something I see that worries me a *little* is that it says to pay deposit by date in offer letter, but I have no actual offer letter, just all the forms/ technical standard stuff in the portal. Do we think it's worth reaching out to admin? Don't want to seem overly obnoxious, but also I'm just confused 😆
D
deleted889667
My personalized PDF offer letter didn't show up in my portal. I saw the offer tab in my portal the day before I got my offer letter sent to me via email. FWIW, the date in my offer letter that I received 12/16 told me to pay a deposit by 12/29At the risk of repeating other's questions, can someone let me know if their personal offer letter shows up in their portal after receiving the email? Still no email about offer(not in communication history) but offer tab still exists on portal. Something I see that worries me a *little* is that it says to pay deposit by date in offer letter, but I have no actual offer letter, just all the forms/ technical standard stuff in the portal. Do we think it's worth reaching out to admin? Don't want to seem overly obnoxious, but also I'm just confused 😆
doingmybest10
Full Member
this is actually super helpful! tysm 🙂My personalized PDF offer letter didn't show up in my portal. I saw the offer tab in my portal the day before I got my offer letter sent to me via email. FWIW, the date in my offer letter that I received 12/16 told me to pay a deposit by 12/29
Have you heard back now? I have not and had same ii day.I also interviewed on 11/4 and haven't heard back yet. I hope they don't push back another month...
concern dad
New Member
this is actually super helpful! tysm 🙂
How much deposit you are required to put it?My personalized PDF offer letter didn't show up in my portal. I saw the offer tab in my portal the day before I got my offer letter sent to me via email. FWIW, the date in my offer letter that I received 12/16 told me to pay a deposit by 12/29
$100 and gets put towards your tuition.How much deposit you are required to put it?
doingmybest10
Full Member
just declined my A, i hope it goes to one of y'all. good luck everyone!
When you emailed your update did you get a response?I was deferred as well, I sent one in recently. They accept them so it can't hurt to update them. Taking the time to show continued interest in their school can't be a bad thing.
Haikyuu
Full Member
Nope. hoping we’ll hear back by mid JanuaryAnyone interviewed on 11/13 heard back yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got it! good luck 🙂Anyone interviewing on 1/6 recieve the zoom link yet? I haven't received an email about it and am getting nervous
HopefulMed123
Full Member
What are the odds of us hearing something today lol?
bunsenburnerbabe
Full Member
I would just wait. They pushed mine a little over 8, but they still got back to me. They definitely didn't forget about you. As someone else said on another thread, it may come off as "pushy" or like you can't "handle the rolls and punches". I would def just wait it out if I were you 🙂I interviewed 11/05 and still havent heard back even though they said 6-8 weeks. Should I reach out?
For anyone who interviewed recently, how many students were there? I interviewed in September and there were around 40 applicants. I’m just wondering if the numbers are hovering around the same.
MowzTheGreat
New Member
Sorry to ask, but you have not received a decision since September? Please tell me you have, my heart can't handle more waiting.... interviewed in early November and been silent ever since.For anyone who interviewed recently, how many students were there? I interviewed in September and there were around 40 applicants. I’m just wondering if the numbers are hovering around the same.
I second this lolSorry to ask, but you have not received a decision since September? Please tell me you have, my heart can't handle more waiting.... interviewed in early November and been silent ever since.
I was deferred back in November. I am just curious as to what the cohort sizes are. This app cycle has been unlike any other from what I’ve heard. Wishing the best of luck to all of you!I second this lol
MowzTheGreat
New Member
Thanks for the reply. Hoping for some good news to come by the end of this month for everyone on this thread !🙂🙂I was deferred back in November. I am just curious as to what the cohort sizes are. This app cycle has been unlike any other from what I’ve heard. Wishing the best of luck to all of you!
Did anyone else get the Geisinger information packet in the mail? (not email, paper mail) So random lol
**pre-interview btw
**pre-interview btw
HopefulMed123
Full Member
I believe I got one before the holidays. Is it the MD brochure?Did anyone else get the Geisinger information packet in the mail? (not email, paper mail) So random lol
**pre-interview btw
Yes sir!I believe I got one before the holidays. Is it the MD brochure?
HopefulMed123
Full Member
I think they send that out to everyone that applies to the schoolYes sir!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm sure they do, but I wanted to make myself feel special 🤣I think they send that out to everyone that applies to the school
tunaktunak
Full Member
Anyone with stats a bit on the higher end (~516/3.95) get accepted already? Not sure if that would warrant being yield-protected here, especially as I'm not from the area :/
Close friend got in with a 4.0 and 517Anyone with stats a bit on the higher end (~516/3.95) get accepted already? Not sure if that would warrant being yield-protected here, especially as I'm not from the area :/
magnoliamariposa
Full Member
Hey, I know this post is from a while back but did you find a way to confirm you completed the confidentiality agreement? Totally cool if you don't remember - thank you!Does anyone know if there is any way to confirm that we completed the video interview user agreement that needs to be done before interview day? I think I completed it but I'd like to be certain just in case.
I can't find it in the portal but I vaguely remember doing a form when I got the interview invite back in October.. Yes, I got the invitation in late October for an interview next week.
I'm in the same position as you, I got an invitation in October for an interview in less than 2 weeks. I just checked my portal and still don't see the agreement. Maybe they'll update it after they email us the zoom info for the interview. Not sure though and I'm gonna email them if it isn't updated soon so I'd do the same if I was you. Good luck on ur interview btw!Hey, I know this post is from a while back but did you find a way to confirm you completed the confidentiality agreement? Totally cool if you don't remember - thank you!
I can't find it in the portal but I vaguely remember doing a form when I got the interview invite back in October.. Yes, I got the invitation in late October for an interview next week.