You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Geisinger Commonwealth
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
accepted yesterday!!! interviewed 10/14!!!
MissDoctaDocta
Full Member
Pre II R, complete 7/29. Good luck to everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey everyone! I was checking my portal today and saw a new tab pop out that says "application submitted". I'm wondering what this means since I've been complete since early August and haven't heard anything since then...
i also have that tab on my portal, but i think it has been there since i submitted my secondary (complete late aug and still havent heard back either)
futuredoc4634
Full Member
I emailed it to [email protected]. I personally addressed it to the dean of admissions, but I don't think it matters too much; an admin assistant replied to it.Does anyone have experience writing an update/letter of intent to this school? I am uncertain whether update letters should be addressed to Ms. Greene or Dr. Kania. Thanks!
I did!Is everyone getting the info packet in the mail after the interview?
any thoughts on what it means to have not heard back at all since end of august secondary submission?
D
deleted1075607
how good is this school with fin aid?
+1 very interested if this matters at all.To those that have been accepted, did you update your portal with other acceptances in the "Other Offers" tab? Or to any current students, should we do this? I'm curious as to what the purpose is and whether it could serve as incentive for scholarships.
what is the interview here like?
HopefulMed123
Full Member
Anyone hear anything yet? Also, has anyone been rejected post II? Can't seem to find anyone that has been rejected post-II.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YoloSwagCats
Full Member
Question: does Geisinger release the name of their interviewers ahead of time? Or do you find out at the interview?
Has anyone who asked for an earlier interview date actually rescheduled?
floridaheatkills
Full Member
R just now. Damn this one hit hard. OOS but major ties to PA
firstgenhopeful
Full Member
Pre-interview R just now - OOS, MCAT 507, cGPA 3.59, complete 11/7/20. Good luck to those still waiting to hear!
ah I had almost identical stats, good luck with the rest of your cycle!Pre-interview R just now - OOS, MCAT 507, cGPA 3.59, complete 11/7/20. Good luck to those still waiting to hear!
Also rejected. Complete 8/14. OOS but close ties to PA.. thought I matched their mission well but I guess not
soccerdoc3333
Full Member
I am sorry to hear! good luck with the rest of your cycle. when were you complete?R just now. Damn this one hit hard. OOS but major ties to PA
Haikyuu
Full Member
Mine didn’t show up on the portalFor anyone who sent an update, did it show up on the portal? I received an email confirming that they updated my application, but i don't see anything to indicate that.
soccerdoc3333
Full Member
sorry to hear that. good luck with the rest of your apps! when were you complete?Just received a pre-II R :/ I was an OOS applicant with limited ties to PA.
floridaheatkills
Full Member
End of August.I am sorry to hear! good luck with the rest of your cycle. when were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Found out during the interviewQuestion: does Geisinger release the name of their interviewers ahead of time? Or do you find out at the interview?
they didn't release it for meQuestion: does Geisinger release the name of their interviewers ahead of time? Or do you find out at the interview?
D
deleted889667
For those that interviewed in late October/early November - are we thinking we'll hear at the 6 week or 8 week mark?
They send out a's once a month so im thinking week of the 14th will be for DecemberFor those that interviewed in late October/early November - are we thinking we'll hear at the 6 week or 8 week mark?
floridaheatkills
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed on 10/19 heard back yet? Asking for a friend
We’ll hear back next week most likelyHas anyone who interviewed on 10/19 heard back yet? Asking for a friend
HopefulMed123
Full Member
The wait is agonizing..
thoughts on no communication after submitted secondary sept 1?
i'd say neutral, geisinger has been sending Rs so silence doesn't necessarily mean bad herethoughts on no communication after submitted secondary sept 1?
D
deleted889667
Just a few more days of waiting (hopefully)...see y'all Monday AM
I didn't get a holiday email- only one with their security report attached. It still made my heart jump, though!so anyone else's heart jump at the happy holidays email they just sent or am I the only one lool
They sent me their annual security report instead of happy holidays hahaso anyone else's heart jump at the happy holidays email they just sent or am I the only one lool
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Reading this post before checking my email saved me from that heart attack thank youso anyone else's heart jump at the happy holidays email they just sent or am I the only one lool
veggiepremed
Full Member
welp i got neither of these emails
lol neither did Iwelp i got neither of these emails
HopefulMed123
Full Member
I got both their emails.. talk about heart attack times two!
Huffleclaw
New Member
I didn’t get either of those emails...got a pre-II R instead 🙁 (complete late September)
Good luck to everyone still in the running!
Good luck to everyone still in the running!