You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Geisinger Commonwealth
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1, also IS, stats in bio. Also nabbed the first spot I could which was mid January. Dates in Jan, Feb, MarII 🙂 LM 66. In state! Very grateful....nabbed the first spot I could in January
I applied to the PCSP, though I didn't see a mention of it in the email.
onions_w_salt
Full Member
Congrats to everyone with their II! Quick question: when you went to schedule your interview on an open slot day in the portal, what did you see in the small calendar day? Trying to figure out if there are different details for the PCSP interviews vs. regular admission interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
truecrime35
Full Member
II!!! 🙂 Is PRIME the primary care scholars? It didn't mention anything about it in the email but when I went to pick an interview date that's what it said.
Flavio_Flores
Full Member
I too got an II today. Feel grateful that I received one, but its just unfortunate that I have to wait till January 

floridaheatkills
Full Member
Do all of y'all mind sharing when you were complete?
onions_w_salt
Full Member
8/9 complete for me.Do all of y'all mind sharing when you were complete?
Anyone complete in July and also not hear anything yet lol.... do they give out any updates?
+1Anyone complete in July and also not hear anything yet lol.... do they give out any updates?
8/23Do all of y'all mind sharing when you were complete?
Are PRIME interview candidates also eligible for the regular MD program?
Also, PRIME is just the primary care scholars program, right?
Also, PRIME is just the primary care scholars program, right?
I am also wondering about this. Got an II but when I went to reschedule I saw PRIME interview for the earliest 4 dates I could find.Are PRIME interview candidates also eligible for the regular MD program?
Also, PRIME is just the primary care scholars program, right?
Hi everyone, I just emailed admissions, and they confirmed that the PRIME interview is for both regular and primary care scholarships program interview.I am also wondering about this. Got an II but when I went to reschedule I saw PRIME interview for the earliest 4 dates I could find.
Last edited:
II yesterday as well. complete 9/1. Scheduling into feb/march
II received today! Complete 8/10, scheduled at the end of Feb
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have stats on the post-II acceptance rate of this school? I see how many students matriculate out of interview on MSAR. It looks like they heavily favor in-state students for acceptances based on this data.
truecrime35
Full Member
if y'all need a laugh... google geisinger mascot 😀
D
deleted1058524
First II !!! complete 9/10 OOS 50X, 3.9
I got my first rejection from another school this morning, so I was panicking.
But I got II from Geisinger hours later!! Now I'm super pumped lol
I got my first rejection from another school this morning, so I was panicking.
But I got II from Geisinger hours later!! Now I'm super pumped lol
PoorProspects
Full Member
Interviews are ongoing. I interviewed here two weeks ago, so they've been going on since at least then!Anyone know around when the earliest interviews are for this cycle? Are they all in 2021 lol
What was your impression of the interview?Interviews are ongoing. I interviewed here two weeks ago, so they've been going on since at least then!
I just got an II. Complete 9/24 and OOS
I had to sign up for a March date since it was the earliest date available.
I had to sign up for a March date since it was the earliest date available.
futuremd8822
Full Member
Hey! Does anyone know why the interviews are so far out
Hey! Does anyone know why the interviews are so far out
I'm confused with this too. Does this mean that earlier dates are already taken or are they purposely having interviews this spaced out?
I got an II yesterday morning, and I was lucky to see one date available in November and I took it, I didn't know that the interviews are being scheduled that far ahead until I saw the comments on here.I'm confused with this too. Does this mean that earlier dates are already taken or are they purposely having interviews this spaced out?
applicant20
Full Member
I'm confused with this too. Does this mean that earlier dates are already taken or are they purposely having interviews this spaced out?
I'm losing hope with this school because I was complete early August and the fact that they are filling interviews til March....makes me think that if we didn't get an interview at this point, our apps were passed over 🙁
probably tbh, complete 7/29I'm losing hope with this school because I was complete early August and the fact that they are filling interviews til March....makes me think that if we didn't get an interview at this point, our apps were passed over 🙁
PoorProspects
Full Member
It was one of my more stressful interviews certainly. The student interview was extremely friendly and conversational, and I had a lot of time to ask questions. The faculty interview though... painful. It was a lot of grilling, very specific questions, and almost combativeness from the interviewer. Perhaps this was intentional to see if interviewees squirm under pressure; perhaps it was just my interviewer who didn't look kindly on my experiences and responses. Either way, I'd go in prepared for an absolute grilling, and if you make it out better than I did, you'll be relieved! 🙂What was your impression of the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for your input 🙂 And I'm glad the medical student portion was not as stressful for you. I checked the interview feedback here for the school and did see some very specific questions regarding the area where the school is located. Have to do some research now 😀 Good luck to you 😀It was one of my more stressful interviews certainly. The student interview was extremely friendly and conversational, and I had a lot of time to ask questions. The faculty interview though... painful. It was a lot of grilling, very specific questions, and almost combativeness from the interviewer. Perhaps this was intentional to see if interviewees squirm under pressure; perhaps it was just my interviewer who didn't look kindly on my experiences and responses. Either way, I'd go in prepared for an absolute grilling, and if you make it out better than I did, you'll be relieved! 🙂
My interview is not until March 1. I was complete on August 28, URM, Out of state, non traditional. Crazy that they are interviewing so late makes me lose hope 🙁
belugaful30
Full Member
II today! Complete 8/31, OOS.
same complete in july and seeing how far out these interviews are is jsjsjdjd lolI'm losing hope with this school because I was complete early August and the fact that they are filling interviews til March....makes me think that if we didn't get an interview at this point, our apps were passed over 🙁
II yesterday morning! OOS URM Left me absolutely speechless! LM 69.3. Good luck to everyone this cycle!
Got an II yesterday. However, I do not see any available dates to sign up for. Anyone have this issue as well? I am confused
When I signed up yesterday it looked like March 1st was the only date available in March but wasn’t sure if the other dates in that month were just taken.
Unfortunately, I didn't see any dates after March 1st.When I signed up yesterday it looked like March 1st was the only date available in March but wasn’t sure if the other dates in that month were just taken.
You should send them an emailGot an II yesterday. However, I do not see any available dates to sign up for. Anyone have this issue as well? I am confused
JustOneAcceptancePls
Full Member
I just got an II. Complete 9/24 and OOS
I had to sign up for a March date since it was the earliest date available.
MARCH??? Lmao my god. Starting to assume the whole "the AAMC and med schools are aware of this strange cycle and taking things into consideration" was all BS and a money grab since I've seen a handful of schools scheduling into March already.
fr and they say its still early in the cycle like uhhhMARCH??? Lmao my god. Starting to assume the whole "the AAMC and med schools are aware of this strange cycle and taking things into consideration" was all BS and a money grab since I've seen a handful of schools scheduling into March already.
II today! Got to the schedule a little late because I’m at work, but scheduled for 02/24! OOS LM 68 Complete 08/31!
Got a II today, only date available on my calendar was March 1st. After scheduling, are we able to go back and change our interview date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got a II today, only date available on my calendar was March 1st. After scheduling, are we able to go back and change our interview date?
Wondering the same thing bc people will prob withdraw interviews after acceptances start rolling out
Let me know if any brave soul decides to ask. I am not brave atm lmaoWondering the same thing bc people will prob withdraw interviews after acceptances start rolling out
Let me know if any brave soul decides to ask. I am not brave atm lmao
I may shoot them an email to ask tonight but prob won’t get a response till next week. I’ll keep you all updated on a response!
Thank you!I may shoot them an email to ask tonight but prob won’t get a response till next week. I’ll keep you all updated on a response!