You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Geisinger Commonwealth
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
II here as well. No dates are available. I wonder if this is some repeat of the Mayo incident last year where they accidentally sent acceptances but instead with interview invites. I wasn't complete until early October so I was quite surprised with this II.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hold on... you guys can choose interview dates in February? I only had the option of March 1stHey Y'all, II today- complete 8/5. Only dates were end of Feb.
OOS also
got wait listed here last year too, fwiw.
Was anyone actually able to reschedule their interview date? On their website it says its generally not possible. I know in the previous posts someone said they have not created a waitlist yet
II here as well. No dates are available. I wonder if this is some repeat of the Mayo incident last year where they accidentally sent acceptances but instead with interview invites. I wasn't complete until early October so I was quite surprised with this II
Congrats on the II ! Do you guys mind sharing when you were complete? Been complete since july and silence 🙁Was anyone actually able to reschedule their interview date? On their website it says its generally not possible. I know in the previous posts someone said they have not created a waitlist yet
I was complete 7/14! Was able to schedule for early February just now
captainpicard314
Full Member
Anyone who interviewed on 9/21 hear back yet??
Nope. Patiently waiting. I looked at the thread from last year. The people who interviewed around 9/21 last year didn't hear back until November. I hope that's not the case here again. Seems like they dropped a lot if II's yesterday, so hopefully that's a good sign that the Adcom has recently met
floridaheatkills
Full Member
Oh no. Was this pre-II or post? When were you complete?I just got the R, first one of the cycle for me. Good luck everyone!
Pre-II, Complete on 8/27.Oh no. Was this pre-II or post? When were you complete?
Update for those of us that have been deferred. I have looked through last years cycle and everybody that was given a deferred status. Overall, the odds don't look too bad of getting in. About 50% of the people that were deferred were accepted within a few weeks to months. The other half were put on the waitlist. I can't find one person that was rejected from a deferred status. So we have a 50/50 chance of being accepted to Geisinger. Also, those that were put on the waitlist from a deferred status, most commonly, interveiwed later in the cycle. Anyways, this is what I saw. I found about 10 people with a deferred status, so I have a small sample size and non-statistically significant data.
Thanks for this, makes me feel better about getting deferred as well. Good luck!
floridaheatkills
Full Member
Sorry about that 🙁 I recently got my first R, too, My complete date for Geisinger is similar to yours, so hopefully I hear something soon... especially given they're scheduling interviews into February at this point.Pre-II, Complete on 8/27.
You are a saint, thank you so muchUpdate for those of us that have been deferred. I have looked through last years cycle and everybody that was given a deferred status. Overall, the odds don't look too bad of getting in. About 50% of the people that were deferred were accepted within a few weeks to months. The other half were put on the waitlist. I can't find one person that was rejected from a deferred status. So we have a 50/50 chance of being accepted to Geisinger. Also, those that were put on the waitlist from a deferred status, most commonly, interveiwed later in the cycle. Anyways, this is what I saw. I found about 10 people with a deferred status, so I have a small sample size and non-statistically significant data.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any news today for my 9/21 interviewees??
captainpicard314
Full Member
Any news today for my 9/21 interviewees??
Only from CNN
Have an interview scheduled 02/24 that I have decided to let go of as I was accepted to one of my top choices yesterday. I hope one of you guys get it and get your chance to be a doctor!! Good luck everyone throughout the remainder of the cycle!!! 🙂
captainpicard314
Full Member
Hey 9/21 guys. I got a Geisinger information packet in the mail today. It was basically an overview of some of the key components in the program. Pretty much stuff we went over in the interview. Have any of you guys received anything similar? They really fooled me for a few seconds though, I genuinely thought it was an acceptance offer.
Nope, nothing in the mail. I live in the other side of the country thoughHey 9/21 guys. I got a Geisinger information packet in the mail today. It was basically an overview of some of the key components in the program. Pretty much stuff we went over in the interview. Have any of you guys received anything similar? They really fooled me for a few seconds though, I genuinely thought it was an acceptance offer.
Hey 9/21 guys. I got a Geisinger information packet in the mail today. It was basically an overview of some of the key components in the program. Pretty much stuff we went over in the interview. Have any of you guys received anything similar? They really fooled me for a few seconds though, I genuinely thought it was an acceptance offer.
Also interviewed on 9/21 and received an info packet
captainpicard314
Full Member
Nope, nothing in the mail. I live in the other side of the country though
Also interviewed on 9/21 and received an info packet
Hmm strange. I wonder if it's typical after interviewing or indicative of something else. Anyone who interviewed prior to 9/21 please feel free to chime in
I interviewed 10/2 and got the packet as well. Opening the Large envelope was a major letdownHey 9/21 guys. I got a Geisinger information packet in the mail today. It was basically an overview of some of the key components in the program. Pretty much stuff we went over in the interview. Have any of you guys received anything similar? They really fooled me for a few seconds though, I genuinely thought it was an acceptance offer.
captainpicard314
Full Member
I interviewed 10/2 and got the packet as well. Opening the Large envelope was a major letdown
All that paper, zero substance
ohmggthissux
Full Member
did anyone receive a deferred status and also receive this packet?
emttomd123
Full Member
Hmm strange. I wonder if it's typical after interviewing or indicative of something else. Anyone who interviewed prior to 9/21 please feel free to chime in
I interviewed 9/16 and was accepted and never received an info packet in the mail!
captainpicard314
Full Member
I interviewed 9/16 and was accepted and never received an info packet in the mail!
Good to know. I'm starting to think everyone who's interviewed will receive one. They probably recently began sending them out, hence the reason some people have received them and others haven't.
Go on their site, on the left hand side click on the "Status" button, then click on "Communication Status". From there, you'll see a table with application and interview updates, click on "View Detail" for Interview Confirmation and a pop-up window will come up with your date and session.Hi guys, quick q for those who have interviewed: I have one later this week, and I haven't heard from them in terms of timing/ zoom links. I know there's a sample schedule on the portal, but there's one for morning and evening, and though I don't remember signing up for an evening slot, I wanted to know if there was a way to confirm my time?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doingmybest10
Full Member
thank you!!!Go on their site, on the left hand side click on the "Status" button, then click on "Communication Status". From there, you'll see a table with application and interview updates, click on "View Detail" for Interview Confirmation and a pop-up window will come up with your date and session.
+1Pre-ii R, good luck everyone!
Pre-ii R, good luck everyone!
I'm sorry to hear that and I wish the best for you guys this cycle. Do you mind sharing your complete date please?
Complete 10/7I'm sorry to hear that and I wish the best for you guys this cycle. Do you mind sharing your complete date please?
plant_lady
Full Member
+2 pre-II R, completed 10/8, OOS.
JRabotnick
Full Member
+3 pre-II R, LM 64.50, completed 9/3, OOS.
9/25I'm sorry to hear that and I wish the best for you guys this cycle. Do you mind sharing your complete date please?
Did anyone receive an email about the Abigail Geisinger Program just now?
medscorpio
Full Member
Yes, I did. Not an interview, so I’m not sure why it was sent.Did anyone receive an email about the Abigail Geisinger Program just now?
I honestly thought it was an II. My heart stopped for a minuteDid anyone receive an email about the Abigail Geisinger Program just now?
Does that mean we're being considered and not getting an R?
Same here I wonder if they sent to everyone?Yes, I did. Not an interview, so I’m not sure why it was sent.
I received the same email! I was complete 8/2.. how about you guys?Same here I wonder if they sent to everyone?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have interview scheduled for january but didn’t receive the email
D
deleted1058452
I got it too and it seems like it went to everyone who said they were interested in the program. I wonder if we’re considered separately?
I haven’t been monitoring this thread so does anyone know if there are people who have said they were interested and have been interviewed already?
I haven’t been monitoring this thread so does anyone know if there are people who have said they were interested and have been interviewed already?
It's weird timing getting that while being a 9/21 interviewee 😵 so I hope that is what it meansDoes that mean we're being considered and not getting an R?
I said I was interested and have interviewed already, but still waiting on my decision.I got it too and it seems like it went to everyone who said they were interested in the program. I wonder if we’re considered separately?
I haven’t been monitoring this thread so does anyone know if there are people who have said they were interested and have been interviewed already?
D
deleted1058452
Hmmm, then I’m guessing they just sent it to all applicants who said they were interested and it doesn’t mean something positive or negativeI said I was interested and have interviewed already, but still waiting on my decision.