You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Georgetown
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
purplebourdain
Full Member
Is the only way of contacting the Financial Aid office through email? As in do they hold office hours or have a phone number?
Does anyone else's portal no longer show the "The date of the most recent submission is also considered in this process" sentence or the "at least one" [letter of interest]? 🤔Admission Offer
Thank you for submitting an update.
When issuing acceptance offers from the wait list, priority is given to applicants who have submitted at least one letter of interest. The date of the most recent submission is also considered in this process.
The text-box below will allow you to submit 3,000 character, text-only letters of interest for the Committee on Admissions. Please proofread prior to submission, as edits cannot be made once submitted. We only accept letters of interest and wait list updates submitted through this text-box.
The wait list will remain open until the first day of class. You may continue to submit letters of interest until the wait list is officially closed.
Should you wish to withdraw your application at any time, please email a formal request to [email protected].
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
YEP. Just checked. It now just reads "When issuing acceptance offers from the wait list, priority is given to applicants who have submitted a letter of interest. "Does anyone else's portal no longer show the "The date of the most recent submission is also considered in this process" sentence or the "at least one" [letter of interest]? 🤔
WHAT DOES IT MEAN.
I DON'T KNOW but I am now so curious as to why they would change the wording 😳.YEP. Just checked. It now just reads "When issuing acceptance offers from the wait list, priority is given to applicants who have submitted a letter of interest. "
WHAT DOES IT MEAN.
Last year, the first movement was around the end of Feb but with COVID, it's hard to tell what will happen this cycle. :/ I wonder if they were either getting too many updates??? or???
viszlaking
Full Member
Maybe the ambiguity of what makes good timing for the letter of interest led to many phone calls about it, so they just got rid of itI DON'T KNOW but I am now so curious as to why they would change the wording 😳.
Last year, the first movement was around the end of Feb but with COVID, it's hard to tell what will happen this cycle. :/ I wonder if they were either getting too many updates??? or???
Has anyone heard anything today?
There could be a pattern since 2 weeks ago it seemed like there were no decisions, then last week there were some reported, now this week there hasnt been any reported
I interviewed Nov 4th btw
There could be a pattern since 2 weeks ago it seemed like there were no decisions, then last week there were some reported, now this week there hasnt been any reported
I interviewed Nov 4th btw
anotherhotpremed
Full Member
Bruh where is my A??
wegotthis20201234
Full Member
when was the deadline for the scholarship? and were students who had not yet heard back eligible to apply?Does anyone happen to have word on the timeline for hearing back about the Stewart Scholarship?
D
deleted1041819
I'm just waiting to hear about MD/PhD movement lol just reject me if you didn't want me for a round two interview sheesh
anotherhotpremed
Full Member
do we have to apply separately for the scholarship?Does anyone happen to have word on the timeline for hearing back about the Stewart Scholarship?
I got invited to apply a few days after I was accepted. Iirc, it was due on 01/19, < a week after I got the invitation. I’m not sure if the deadline was specific to me or a general one, as it was not published on the school's website.when was the deadline for the scholarship? and were students who had not yet heard back eligible to apply?
Last edited:
Had the same deadline. I was also wondering what the timeline was on hearing back because it’s pretty much the only way I could justify attending GT ($$$) although I love the school!I got invited to apply a few days after I was accepted. Iirc, it was due on 01/19, < a week after I got the invitation. I’m not sure if the deadline was specific to me or a general one, as it was not published on the school's website.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oops. Figured it out. Just needed a computer with word.Has anyone tried to fill out gtown's financial aid form? I can't seem to download it or print it as a normal document
ITrustInHimAlone
Full Member
Do you need to fill this out even before hearing your decision?Oops. Figured it out. Just needed a computer with word.
Yes! Due March 1!Do you need to fill this out even before hearing your decision?
Last edited:
purplebourdain
Full Member
Isn't the deadline March 1? Just confirming!Yes! Due March 15! View attachment 330253
Whoops. You’re so right. Thanks!Isn't the deadline March 1? Just confirming!
cacaonibs
Full Member
On the 2018-2019 thread, someone posted on April 3 that the Stewart Scholars were selected. The same person posted later that they received the scholarship on April 26.Does anyone happen to have word on the timeline for hearing back about the Stewart Scholarship?
Has the deadline to apply passed? The application link says that it’s no longer available, but some of us are still waiting to receive an admissions decision.On the 2018-2019 thread, someone posted on April 3 that the Stewart Scholars were selected. The same person posted later that they received the scholarship on April 26.
Last edited:
Ahh gotcha. Thanks so much for the info!On the 2018-2019 thread, someone posted on April 3 that the Stewart Scholars were selected. The same person posted later that they received the scholarship on April 26.
I emailed them and yeah it’s passed unfortunately :/ i was thinking the same thing i didn’t think to apply for it Bc i haven’t heard a decision yetHas the deadline to apply passed? The application link says that it’s no longer available, but some of us are still waiting to receive an admissions decision.
Yeah I literally got a notification about it like 3 days before the app was due smhI emailed them and yeah it’s passed unfortunately :/ i was thinking the same thing i didn’t think to apply for it Bc i haven’t heard a decision yet
D
deleted1041819
So does Georgetown send post-II rejections? The silence is deafening.
outrightornery
Full Member
Losing my patience with this school! I think it’s been 16 weeks post II!
I interviewed early November
They said expect a response 10-12 weeks
Has this timeline changed for December/January interviewers?
They said expect a response 10-12 weeks
Has this timeline changed for December/January interviewers?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dang, I could’ve swore they mentioned during my interview day that they would open up another time window to submit the application to give a chance to those students still waiting to hear back. I guess I must’ve misheard :/I emailed them and yeah it’s passed unfortunately :/ i was thinking the same thing i didn’t think to apply for it Bc i haven’t heard a decision yet
outrightornery
Full Member
Not getting my hopes up, Ive been saying its gonna be this friday for the past 5 weeks🤣You guys think us november kids are next in line? Maybe this friday?
outrightornery
Full Member
friday and sometimes monday i thinkis it known that they release decisions on friday?
this is what people have said on this thread but I went back through past threads and it seemed like they were any day :/is it known that they release decisions on friday?
friday and sometimes monday i think
Last edited:
Judging by the trends on this thread so far, the decisions are more likely going to be around the 14/15 week mark than 12.You guys think us november kids are next in line? Maybe this friday?
Kind of crazy that Nov/Dec folks are still waiting to hear back. I feel like there's not going to be any WL movement until most (all?) people who have interviewed have heard back. So at this rate (with Dec and Jan interviewees still waiting), maybe no WL movement until April? 😢
I was actually just thinking about this. Last year it started in late Feb but I think you're right -- probably won't happen till April/May since they still have 3+ months of interview decisions left to get through 😕Kind of crazy that Nov/Dec folks are still waiting to hear back. I feel like there's not going to be any WL movement until most (all?) people who have interviewed have heard back. So at this rate (with Dec and Jan interviewees still waiting), maybe no WL movement until April? 😢
I am on the waitlist but I can't find anything about this. Did you just find this on their website? It's not in my portal.Yes! Due March 1! View attachment 330253
On the website, not portal!I am on the waitlist but I can't find anything about this. Did you just find this on their website? It's not in my portal.
Thank you! What is everyone doing for their credit report? Man, they must be getting so many emails for this! You’d think it would be easier to have something in our portal.On the website, not portal!
Has there been any WL movement?
wegotthis20201234
Full Member
have they finished sending out decisions for all November interviewees? I think they stopped interviewing end of January?
Interviewed early Nov no decision yet!have they finished sending out decisions for all November interviewees? I think they stopped interviewing end of January?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
absolute_lad
Full Member
No news today wtf!!! I thought it was every other Friday ughhhhhh
Yep. Can't believe it. Literally, this was my first interview of the cycle and I've heard back from other schools that I interviewed with months after GT's interview. 16 weeks and counting 😭No news today wtf!!! I thought it was every other Friday ughhhhhh
outrightornery
Full Member
Same. It’s extremely frustratingYep. Can't believe it. Literally, this was my first interview of the cycle and I've heard back from other schools that I interviewed with months after GT's interview. 16 weeks and counting 😭
D
deleted1041819
Urgent - what did you guys do for the credit history report of the GT Financial Aid application if you don't have your own credit card?
I have a credit history, but maybe just let them know you don't and ask if there's anything else you can provide them? Also, remember if you have any student loans under your name then that's part of your credit history.Urgent - what did you guys do for the credit history report of the GT Financial Aid application if you don't have your own credit card?