2020-2021 Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Urgent - what did you guys do for the credit history report of the GT Financial Aid application if you don't have your own credit card?
I have a credit history, but maybe just let them know you don't and ask if there's anything else you can provide them? Also, remember if you have any student loans under your name then that's part of your credit history.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a credit history, but maybe just let them know you don't and ask if there's anything else you can provide them? Also, remember if you have any student loans under your name then that's part of your credit history.
Yep! God this is so tedious😔

Reactions: 1 users
which site/platform can you find a report of your credit history?

Members don't see this ad :)
Urgent - what did you guys do for the credit history report of the GT Financial Aid application if you don't have your own credit card?
You still need have a credit report stating that. Like everyone has said Experian and transunion are good and free for 1 report yearly. Also note that this is different from a credit score. Hope that helps

Reactions: 1 user
If I submitted my FAFSA like last week (and Georgetown says by Jan 1 lol) y’all think I’ll be fine?

If I submitted my FAFSA like last week (and Georgetown says by Jan 1 lol) y’all think I’ll be fine?
I submitted recently too. It says it takes 3-5 days to process online so I think we should be alright.

I just got an II for the PhD part of the MD/PhD interviews

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
You’d think that lagging this hard on decisions would definitely affect their yield
I wonder if that's intentional. If they over-interviewed and accepted too early in the cycle that might be an easy way for candidates to self-select out.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you think late january interviewees will have a chance for acceptance given that they were the last group to be interviewed? i really hope so :/

do you think late january interviewees will have a chance for acceptance given that they were the last group to be interviewed? i really hope so :/
They invited you to interview because they thought you would do well in the program.

• Care
They invited you to interview because they thought you would do well in the program.
I think they were asking because for some schools, interviewing at the end of the season means that you are interviewing for a WL spot.

@wegotthis20201234 on the past threads, people who interviewed in Jan got As so I don't see why that couldn't happen this year!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I think they were asking because for some schools, interviewing at the end of the season means that you are interviewing for a WL spot.

@wegotthis20201234 on the past threads, people who interviewed in Jan got As so I don't see why that couldn't happen this year!
that's awesome!! i was hoping that would be the case and not just a direct waitlist/rejection

• Love
Finally got the A call. Thank God!!! The wait was worth it!!! Interviewed 10/30. Literally just got off the phone

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Finally got the A call. Thank God!!! The wait was worth it!!! Interviewed 10/30. Literally just got off the phone
Congrats to you!!! But damn bruh they still on October jeeeez I’d rather have them swipe through us like tinder lmaooo

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Did anyone else hear back today? Any November kiddos?

A! Just got the call off the WL!! So excited! Interviewed 9/29. Good luck to everyone

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
Man did they skip the whole month of november or something :confused:

Reactions: 5 users
i thought waitlist movement happened after all decisions have been made? congrats to those who got off the waitlist tho!!

Got my A an hour ago! interviewed 11/3

• Love
Accepted off the WL!! Interviewed 9/10
literally in shock, so grateful :')

Just got accepted off of the waitlist!! Interviewed on 9/09, last name C.
Such a rush; this school would be incredible. Deciding between 1 other school, but I will try to decide quickly for the rest of you on the WL, I know the waiting is the worst.
Wishing the absolute best to everyone :D you can dm if I missed anyother info

• Care
  • Love
Such a rush; this school would be incredible. Deciding between 1 other school, but I will try to decide quickly for the rest of you on the WL, I know the waiting is the worst.
They called?

This WL A wave matches up pretty much the same with last years, which came Feb. 25. Looks like the next one will come in about a month's time. :dead:

A! Just got the call off the WL!! So excited! Interviewed 9/29. Good luck to everyone
Accepted off the WL!! Interviewed 9/10
literally in shock, so grateful :')
Random Q for my WL heroes: did any of you guys send a LOI or any sort of other communication between being waitlisted and now?

Just got put on the waitlist. Interviewed mid November l, but actually gonna decline the waitlist spot

Best of luck to you all!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Random Q for my WL heroes: did any of you guys send a LOI or any sort of other communication between being waitlisted and now?
Yeah I sent in 2 letter of interests/update letters. One about 2 weeks after my WL decision in December and then one on 1/25.

Do they usually send out WL waves before Nov/Dec interview decisions?? Don’t seem right to me haha

WL; interviewed 12/1

Was told that I would be an "amazing fit" for Georgetown by my interviewer.

NGL, I am kind of devastated. This was my only MD interview (2 DOs: 1 WL, 1 affective WL) and last real chance this year at an acceptance, but I loved everything about this school and felt like out of all the schools I applied to, this was the only one that really actually resonated with me perfectly and it also happened to fit exactly what I was looking for (location, size, programs, etc). I know a WL isn't a death sentence and it's not over until it's over, but man, this is crushing after such a long wait.

• Care
Reactions: 16 users
Welp, I interviewed 12/8 and am bracing myself for a WL or R. It seems like the acceptance wave was yesterday.

• Care
WL; interviewed 12/1

NGL, I am kind of devastated. This was my only MD interview (2 DOs: 1 WL, 1 affective WL) and last real chance this year at an acceptance, but I loved everything about this school and felt like out of all the schools I applied to, this was the only one that really actually resonated with me perfectly and it also happened to fit exactly what I was looking for (location, size, programs, etc). I know a WL isn't a death sentence and it's not over until it's over, but man, this is crushing after such a long wait.
statistically, looks like they have the lowest post II acceptance rate along with GW. waitlist movement seems to be good here (despite Georgetown not releasing any number to MSAR) from an anecodtal basis. have some faith! hoping it works out for you

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
WL; interviewed 12/1

I feel your pain, friend. The decisions that are made behind closed doors that separate an outright acceptance from a WL are arguably the most mystifying part of the entire application process - it's particularly frustrating when you hear such positive feedback from your interviewer (I was under the impression the the interview here carries a lot of weight in the final decision process but who knows how Georgetown actually operates).

Happy to chat in PMs if you need to vent or just someone to sympathize with - hang in there.

• Care