2020-2021 Hofstra (Zucker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also Pre-II R, complete late August. Good luck to everybody else!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R. This was my throw-away school to get verified before my July MCAT score. Little does Hofstra know, I rejected them first.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 21 users
Members don't see this ad :)
+4 just when i thought i missed the r-wave, checked my email. oof. these schools are really letting them blow right before the holidays.

complete july.
+who knows

They must have decided to clear out all the applicants they weren't considering before they went on break

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Also got slapped with that Pre-II R. Complete 08/01. Thought I had a decent chance but I guess not :(

• Care
Good bye Hofstra, all my IS schools hate me 🥲

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Pre-II R, just now. Complete 7/20, OOS, LM 72. Interviewed and was waitlisted two years back so this one stings.

Best of luck to the rest of you.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Pre II R as well! Happy holidays everyone! :rofl:

• Care
Hofstra from the top rope.... goodbye LI. R

• Care
Pre-II R, OOS, complete 8/30
MCAT 510, GPA 3.85

• Care
Pre-II R, complete mid August, IS, MCAT 510, cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.7, orm, non trad

• Care
So if we applied before say December 1 should we assume were at best on WL or could there be like defer for another wave?

So if we applied before say December 1 should we assume were at best on WL or could there be like defer for another wave?
Because it doesn’t seem like a ton we’re given out?

Also got an R earlier this morning. Y'all think we should expect more Rs/IIs till the new year or nah?

• Care
Pre-II R, OOS, LM 69, complete 7/14

• Care
So I guess everyone else is getting WLed?

• Care
so how are we feeling if we survived this latest pre-II R wave? I mean I guess they must be planning on sending more IIs if they didn't cut us right? or maybe they arent doing things chronologically and still haven't been disappointed by my app yet....

Reactions: 2 users
so how are we feeling if we survived this latest pre-II R wave? I mean I guess they must be planning on sending more IIs if they didn't cut us right? or I maybe they arent doing things chronologically and still haven't been disappointed by my app yet....
in same boat, complete 8/28, IS.

I am hoping that means we are still in running? Fingers crossed January will bring some good news!

So I guess everyone else is getting WLed?
Emailed admissions and gave them my Interview date and said we could hear any news (A/R/WL) from now until the end of March. Guess is they just sent out a large chunk of "definite" A's last week, and are waiting for more interviews to occur. Also there seem to be a lot of interview dates not accounted for in the As received.

Reactions: 4 users
Emailed admissions and gave them my Interview date and said we could hear any news (A/R/WL) from now until the end of March. Guess is they just sent out a large chunk of "definite" A's last week, and are waiting for more interviews to occur. Also there seem to be a lot of interview dates not accounted for in the As received.
when did you interview???

Has anyone from a late November interview heard back?

Probably not but hopefully some of us hear back today 😭😭
I'm really hoping they haven't gotten to us yet, not that we were passed over. They told my group we could hear back in Dec but we were super late Nov.