2020-2021 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just accepted to rural program

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted! Just got the email. 518/4.0, good ECs, strong (I think) LORs, ORM, OOS with zero ties. Submitted mid-July, interviewed mid-October.

Reactions: 10 users
Accepted! Instate, interviewed early October

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my A! So ridiculously relieved that the chronic anxiety attack of the last six weeks is over! Congrats to everyone else, and good luck!

Reactions: 8 users
Yes that’s correct! My undergrad also only does it via email and they were a bit slow about it since they’re super backed up so I’d try to see if they can assign yours higher priority
Great, thanks a bunch for your help!

Do emails all come out at the same time today? (If I haven't gotten one, does that mean I'll have to wait until next month?)

• Hmm
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do emails all come out at the same time today? (If I haven't gotten one, does that mean I'll have to wait until next month?)
I was wondering the same thing, I interviewed 10/14 and didn't get an email - it looks like the majority who have gotten emails today have been OOS though and I'm IS

No email as a mid-oct interviewee so I’m now officially going to assume that I’ve been passed up for an A here. My interview wasn’t great so not shocked but wish they wouldn’t drag it out every month. lol

I was wondering the same thing, I interviewed 10/14 and didn't get an email - it looks like the majority who have gotten emails today have been OOS though and I'm IS
Interviewed 10/14 and OOS. Still waiting to hear back as well

Accepted 25 min ago! IU sent out email late today. Usually it is around 11:00 am. Was scared a little bit.

Reactions: 5 users
My fiancé and I were both accepted a little bit ago! Both interviewed 10/14, OOS.

Reactions: 3 users
No email as a mid-oct interviewee so I’m now officially going to assume that I’ve been passed up for an A here. My interview wasn’t great so not shocked but wish they wouldn’t drag it out every month. lol
During my interview, they told us that you could get accepted at any point during any round of acceptances. So if you didn't get in this round don't lose hope! It doesn't mean you are out of the running until you get the R. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Some people that interviewed on the same October date as me got accepted in November's wave of acceptances. I wouldn't lose hope, and I also saw people post they got the email as late as 5 PM EST so you could still be in for some good news!

During my interview, they told us that you could get accepted at any point during any round of acceptances. So if you didn't get in this round don't lose hope! It doesn't mean you are out of the running until you get the R. Good luck!

Some people that interviewed on the same October date as me got accepted in November's wave of acceptances. I wouldn't lose hope, and I also saw people post they got the email as late as 5 PM EST so you could still be in for some good news!

Thank you both for the encouragement! I’ll try my best to keep the hope alive until it’s actually over. :)

• Care
So... do we think all of December's acceptance emails have been sent out already?

Anyone know where I can find the match list for the terre haute campus?

Congrats to all those accepted who were accepted — I am genuinely so happy for each and every one of you!

My October interview people, hopefully will see y’all next month and we have better luck next time! It’s not over until it’s over!!!!!

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
Quick question:. Did any of you get a response when you sent in your signed interview invite confirmation? I sent mine the day after I was given a date but never got a response, and tomorrow will be the 7 day limit they give. I don't want to annoy them but I also don't want them to cancel my interview because they didn't receive the form lol

@Mddo&beyond I'm heading into an exam soon but I haven't forgotten to give you info about FW!

Quick question:. Did any of you get a response when you sent in your signed interview invite confirmation? I sent mine the day after I was given a date but never got a response, and tomorrow will be the 7 day limit they give. I don't want to annoy them but I also don't want them to cancel my interview because they didn't receive the form lol

@Mddo&beyond I'm heading into an exam soon but I haven't forgotten to give you info about FW!
Check your document upload. I emailed mine to them and they uploaded it "Virtual Acknowledgment" on the next day

I took about 10 days for them to mark it as complete in the portal. As long as you sent it to the correct email it should be fine. I didn't get a confirmation email either. Good luck on your exam!

Any current students on here who could speak to the culture among students here?

Does anyone know if the longer the wait time for your decision, the lower your chances of acceptance? :shrug:

• Care
Does anyone know if the longer the wait time for your decision, the lower your chances of acceptance? :shrug:
Happened to me my first cycle. I interviewed at Indiana jan 2019, didn't hear back in feb, and finally got hit with the R (had to check through portal while i was in another country because they didn't reject me thru email) in June or July 2019.

Has anyone who interviewed for the MSTP gotten a decision back from the program? I've only heard from the MD side of things. I emailed and asked if that meant I had been moved to MD-only consideration and they said no, they were waiting on a decision from graduate programs.
Hey! I interviewed for the MSTP on the same date as you. As far as I understand, all MSTP students hear back early February.

Any current students on here who could speak to the culture among students here?
Every class will have gunners, etc. Overall, I haven't had any issues and we stick together and help each other out.

AFAIK, there is no correlation between wait time and chance of acceptance. If you don't hear back by March or April at the latest, and this has been consistent in past cycles, there is a higher chance for you to be waitlisted. I wouldn't psych yourself out just yet. But this is all by word of mouth and nothing official.

Check your document upload. I emailed mine to them and they uploaded it "Virtual Acknowledgment" on the next day
Same, they uploaded mine as Virtual Acknowledgment on the portal.

Hi everyone. I received an II for this school. Very excited and humbled. This is my only MD II so far due to me being a non-trad with a trash business undergrad (3.1 gpa). Not a stellar MCAT either (507). But I did get a 4.0 for a self-directed post-bac. I only applied to a handful, maybe 5 MD schools out of pure hope....maybe stupidity? Not expecting to hear a peep from the others. But hey, Indiana came through. It’s funny how fast a school can become your top choice. I do have one A to a DO school (I applied heavily DO). Please pm me or shout out if you’ve got any advice.

I am getting nervous because the 7 day deadline for the application fee is approaching and I have not yet seen the respective check mark in the portal despite the fee being paid.

Feel free to chime in if you are in a similar boat as me as far as stats, background, or anxiety about the checkmarks go.

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

I think there's some confusion - I'm talking about the "Interview Invitation Confirmation" PDF that we had to sign and email back, from the email with the interview date from IU (different than the virtual interview acknowledgement that was part of the II email - that one did upload to my portal too like you're all saying!).

Edit: I tried to multi-quote everyone who replied to me but I'm new to the forum, so I don't think it worked haha

I think there's some confusion - I'm talking about the "Interview Invitation Confirmation" PDF that we had to sign and email back, from the email with the interview date from IU (different than the virtual interview acknowledgement that was part of the II email - that one did upload to my portal too like you're all saying!).

Edit: I tried to multi-quote everyone who replied to me but I'm new to the forum, so I don't think it worked haha
Oh I see!! Sorry for the confusion. I went back and looked through my emails. The admissions office did reply to me 7 days after, but only because the file I sent was not working. They simply asked me to resend it and everything worked out. I'm sure that if they find a problem with your form they'll email you.

P.s. I've on this forum for two years now and I still don't know how to multi-quote lol

Hi everyone. I received an II for this school. Very excited and humbled. This is my only MD II so far due to me being a non-trad with a trash business undergrad (3.1 gpa). Not a stellar MCAT either (507). But I did get a 4.0 for a self-directed post-bac. I only applied to a handful, maybe 5 MD schools out of pure hope....maybe stupidity? Not expecting to hear a peep from the others. But hey, Indiana came through. It’s funny how fast a school can become your top choice. I do have one A to a DO school (I applied heavily DO). Please pm me or shout out if you’ve got any advice.

I am getting nervous because the 7 day deadline for the application fee is approaching and I have not yet seen the respective check mark in the portal despite the fee being paid.

Feel free to chime in if you are in a similar boat as me as far as stats, background, or anxiety about the checkmarks go.

Thanks and good luck to everyone.
Congrats on the MD interview! At this point i wouldn't worry too much about stats since it is not something you can change and if they give you an interview that means the school thinks you are a good candidates! I would recommend practicing some basic interview questions (why this school, why medicine, etc) with someone (a friend or SO) prior to the interview. I also found the interview feedback page for indiana pretty helpful too.

I wouldn't worry too much about the checkmarks on the portal. The admissions office is pretty busy and it takes them a while to update it. I think it took 10 days for my checkmark to appear after I submitted the app fee and several weeks for my dean's evaluation to be marked complete.

Good luck and congrats on the DO acceptance too! Feel free to pm me if you have any more questions!

Reactions: 4 users