2020-2021 Liberty University (LUCOM)

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

When I go to try to check up on my LUCOM secondary application status, it takes me to my secondary application and it looks like the secondary application is able to be edited and that there is a chance to pay for it. This is strange because I have picture proof from July 1,2020 (picture I took) of a page that says "LUCOM application submitted successfully". How do I check my application status?
+1! I'm also seeing this when I check my portal, anyone know how to change this to see the list like in @jdangnd91's screenshot?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did they say that the portal should read complete if you have all of your letters in? Mine shows the same as yours did.
So when I called they said the associate director of admissions would call me back, hasn’t happened yet, then not 2 minutes later I got the II email. My portal still reads the same as my previous SS
 
For those with all requirements complete, does your checklist still say incomplete/items outstanding at the top?
 
Anyone that has already interviewed here have any tips? (Feel free to PM if you would like)
Be yourself! The faculty really want to get to know you and see if LUCOM is a good fit for you and if you’re a good fit for them. If you’ve been invited to interview, you’re good enough to be there on paper, so relax!

You’ll be asked why LUCOM, why DO and why medicine, so have those answers ready. If you’re religious/spiritual it’s fine to say so, but if you’re not that’s ok, just don’t be disrespectful to LUCOM’s mission, which is heavily focused on service in a Christian context. Instead focus on showing how your worldview aligns with their mission.
 
for volunteer experiences i saw some people copy and pasted...but isn't it a "rule" to not do that and use different narratives for the secondary?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For folks interviewing Monday, August 24: did you receive the updated itinerary with active links yet?
 
for volunteer experience description did you just use new narratives or copy and pasted your primary activity description
 
If I dont have a recommendation letter from an MD/DO but can get one soon (in the next month), should I wait to send my application in or send it in now (and hope they dont screen me out)? I dont want to be super late but also dont have the letter yet :/
 
I wanted to confirm if I could be competitive applying for LUCOM with an MCAT score of 505 (128/123/129/125). I appreciate the feedback!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2 weeks was the expected turnaround time from interview to decision right?

What did they say on your interview day? Last year they were saying anywhere from 1-4 weeks depending on when the next adcom meeting was scheduled.
 
II received early this morning via email. Complete 8/11 (had to call to have LORs marked received).
Congrats! Did your portal actually show LOR checklist? Mine just says my app is under review, but doesn't show what they have or have not received. I completed my secondary a 08/04. Did you get a "complete" email after completing your secondary?
 
Congrats! Did your portal actually show LOR checklist? Mine just says my app is under review, but doesn't show what they have or have not received. I completed my secondary a 08/04. Did you get a "complete" email after completing your secondary?
Yes, under the "Admissions Checklist" at the bottom right of the dashboard, there is a checklist item titled, "3 recommendation letters." It was previously marked incomplete but changed to received once I called them. Keep in mind, I completed my secondary on 6/27, so I waited a month and a half to call them. Probably wouldn't hurt to do that sooner if yours doesn't update.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad