You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Liberty University (LUCOM)
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
GoldenRetriever98
Full Member
WOOOOW
A-C-C-E-P-T-E-D.....um become doctor begin
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wuzgoodbruv
Full Member
Approximately how many days after ure interview did u get the acceptance call?What are the LUCOM board scores like? Also, what are the typical clinical rotation sites?
About nine days after the interview I got the acceptance call.Approximately how many days after ure interview did u get the acceptance call?
Wuzgoodbruv
Full Member
Thanks and congrats!About nine days after the interview I got the acceptance call.
Has anyone had experiences with missing the 14 day secondary deadline and still be allowed to apply? Thanks.
Anyone get the accepted email or only the call? I never got an email...just the call
GoldenRetriever98
Full Member
The email goes to the liberty email account. There’s a link to it on the portalAnyone get the accepted email or only the call? I never got an email...just the call
Hey all,
I noticed many of you had to call the admissions office to get your letters uploaded to your portal. I completed my secondary on 8/13 and reached out a couple weeks later and they told me that it takes time due to it being a manual process. Now that it's been a couple weeks since then, would it be a good idea to call the admissions office or just wait it out? I'm torn because of the rolling admissions facet of their program. Thanks!
I noticed many of you had to call the admissions office to get your letters uploaded to your portal. I completed my secondary on 8/13 and reached out a couple weeks later and they told me that it takes time due to it being a manual process. Now that it's been a couple weeks since then, would it be a good idea to call the admissions office or just wait it out? I'm torn because of the rolling admissions facet of their program. Thanks!
Mine still weren't uploaded approx 1 month after submitting my secondary. I emailed the school, and they were uploaded within 24 hours. I'd give it at least until the beginning of next week, and then reach out again if no progress has been made. From my experience, they have been very helpful. Everything just seems to be taking a little longer this cycle.Hey all,
I noticed many of you had to call the admissions office to get your letters uploaded to your portal. I completed my secondary on 8/13 and reached out a couple weeks later and they told me that it takes time due to it being a manual process. Now that it's been a couple weeks since then, would it be a good idea to call the admissions office or just wait it out? I'm torn because of the rolling admissions facet of their program. Thanks!
buckiforever
Full Member
Anyone that interviewed last week hear anything today?
penneturtle
New Member
I'm wondering the same thingAnyone that interviewed last week hear anything today?
Mine took 6 days to replyI'm wondering the same thing![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1048149
LUCOM seems like a pretty decent school...99% match rate, 93% board score...what do you all think?
I think I want an interview 🤣
It seems they have gotten pretty far in the admissions process already but sorry if this is a silly question. Has anyone not gotten a secondary from this school yet? My primary was verified 7/6 and I called them in August but they said they were behind on screening. Any suggestion on what I should do?
D
deleted988803
Well after emailing admissions today to ask why my letters from early July hadn't been submitted yet, I got an email from an adcom telling me I'd get an II tomorrow morning. Wack.
Seems like this is the only way to get It done, if you want an II lolWell after emailing admissions today to ask why my letters from early July hadn't been submitted yet, I got an email from an adcom telling me I'd get an II tomorrow morning. Wack.
florida_underdog
Full Member
well you just inspired me to email them lolWell after emailing admissions today to ask why my letters from early July hadn't been submitted yet, I got an email from an adcom telling me I'd get an II tomorrow morning. Wack.
D
deleted988803
I guess so! Not complaining tho haha.Seems like this is the only way to get It done, if you want an II lol
Go for it! My message was strangely informal and as a response/reply to my email to admissions.well you just inspired me to email them lol
buckiforever
Full Member
Just got accepted!!
Did they say why? I'm sure your son will get in elsewhere 🙂Son interviewed but got a Rejected email a couple days ago. Congrats to those accepted! Good luck to those still awaiting!
Thanks for the reply. Not sure of the specifics but assume something from the interview. That could be completely incorrect. His stats are: cGPA & sGPA ~3.5, MCAT: 512, 3yrs research w/1 pub and another pending, ~36hrs shadowing, >200hrs clinical volunteering.Did they say why? I'm sure your son will get in elsewhere 🙂
Here is the text from the email he received...
It was our pleasure to meet you during your interview at Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (LUCOM). We wish to commend you on your personal and professional accomplishments and hope that your visit was enjoyable and beneficial.
Our college receives thousands of applications from individuals across the country, but admission is limited to only 150 student-doctors each year. This highly competitive process requires the Admissions Committee to consider your academic record, potential for success within our curriculum, personal history, and experience, as well as your anticipated capacity to advance the mission, vision, and culture of both our college and the osteopathic profession.
The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and evaluated your interview results. It is our belief that you do not possess all of the attributes that we are seeking in candidates to advance the mission, vision, and goals of the college and the university.
We are confident that you will find a school that fits your distinctive skills, experience, and ambitions. We encourage you to continue pursuing your dreams and striving for personal and professional growth, and we wish you the very best in your future endeavors.
Just a heads up for anyone waiting on an update.
I submitted my secondary on August 13 and received the generic "The Office of Admissions thoroughly reviews each application and supporting documentation. When all of your documents — including the three letters of recommendation — are received, you will be notified about your application status in a timely manner, usually within 30 business days."
I tried to be patient before emailing them, but my portal (make sure you're logging into ASSIST) still didn't have my LORs marked as received. So, I emailed the generic <[email protected]> email today and got a reply 10 minutes later saying "We have access to all your LoRs. Thank you for inquiring. We will work to get an invitation to interview sent out to you."
So, it might be worth sending an email out if you were still waiting around like me.
I submitted my secondary on August 13 and received the generic "The Office of Admissions thoroughly reviews each application and supporting documentation. When all of your documents — including the three letters of recommendation — are received, you will be notified about your application status in a timely manner, usually within 30 business days."
I tried to be patient before emailing them, but my portal (make sure you're logging into ASSIST) still didn't have my LORs marked as received. So, I emailed the generic <[email protected]> email today and got a reply 10 minutes later saying "We have access to all your LoRs. Thank you for inquiring. We will work to get an invitation to interview sent out to you."
So, it might be worth sending an email out if you were still waiting around like me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow, his stats are awesome! Are you folks Christian? I wonder if they sniff out for that as well. Tell him congrats on the MCAT as well that's a solid score to apply with. Well, I wish him the best of luck for the next school! I'm sure he will do great.Thanks for the reply. Not sure of the specifics but assume something from the interview. That could be completely incorrect. His stats are: cGPA & sGPA ~3.5, MCAT: 512, 3yrs research w/1 pub and another pending, ~36hrs shadowing, >200hrs clinical volunteering.
Here is the text from the email he received...
It was our pleasure to meet you during your interview at Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (LUCOM). We wish to commend you on your personal and professional accomplishments and hope that your visit was enjoyable and beneficial.
Our college receives thousands of applications from individuals across the country, but admission is limited to only 150 student-doctors each year. This highly competitive process requires the Admissions Committee to consider your academic record, potential for success within our curriculum, personal history, and experience, as well as your anticipated capacity to advance the mission, vision, and culture of both our college and the osteopathic profession.
The Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and evaluated your interview results. It is our belief that you do not possess all of the attributes that we are seeking in candidates to advance the mission, vision, and goals of the college and the university.
We are confident that you will find a school that fits your distinctive skills, experience, and ambitions. We encourage you to continue pursuing your dreams and striving for personal and professional growth, and we wish you the very best in your future endeavors.
are we supposed to submit our LORs to the school before getting a secondary?It seems they have gotten pretty far in the admissions process already but sorry if this is a silly question. Has anyone not gotten a secondary from this school yet? My primary was verified 7/6 and I called them in August but they said they were behind on screening. Any suggestion on what I should do?
don't think soare we supposed to submit our LORs to the school before getting a secondary?
D
deleted1005514
Does anyone know if they firm on the D.O. LOR requirement?
Physician letter required, DO preferred.
Thanks for the reply. As for the question, yes we (and he) are Christians. I hadn't added that both his sister (our daughter) and I are Liberty Alum. She graduated in 2015 and I got my MBA in 2014. Pretty confused on why he got rejected but...Jeremiah 29:11wow, his stats are awesome! Are you folks Christian? I wonder if they sniff out for that as well. Tell him congrats on the MCAT as well that's a solid score to apply with. Well, I wish him the best of luck for the next school! I'm sure he will do great.
Physician letter required, DO preferred.
Does it have to be a recent letter? I’ve been debating heather I can use one from the last time I applied. I think I’ve seen some schools that require letters within a certain timeframe.
D
deleted1005514
Does it have to be a recent letter? I’ve been debating heather I can use one from the last time I applied. I think I’ve seen some schools that require letters within a certain timeframe.
How old is your letter?
How old is your letter?
From 2018 I think.
D
deleted1005514
From 2018 I think.
Why don’t you call the admissions office and ask? That’s pushing it in my opinion but they may tell you it’s fine.
well you just inspired me to email them lol
I also completed my secondary over a month ago but my letters still not uploaded. Emailed a week ago and they said they would get back to me, however no response yet 🙁
Anxious applicant here lol
Does everyone see an acceptance checklist post interview?
Yeah you get that before your interview
Same boat. Except I e-mailed them a week ago with the same question and still haven't received a reply. Haha..... *PANIC*Just a heads up for anyone waiting on an update.
I submitted my secondary on August 13 and received the generic "The Office of Admissions thoroughly reviews each application and supporting documentation. When all of your documents — including the three letters of recommendation — are received, you will be notified about your application status in a timely manner, usually within 30 business days."
I tried to be patient before emailing them, but my portal (make sure you're logging into ASSIST) still didn't have my LORs marked as received. So, I emailed the generic <[email protected]> email today and got a reply 10 minutes later saying "We have access to all your LoRs. Thank you for inquiring. We will work to get an invitation to interview sent out to you."
So, it might be worth sending an email out if you were still waiting around like me.
I wouldn’t worry to much! I bet the interview invites go out in batches, I haven’t heard anymoreSame boat. Except I e-mailed them a week ago with the same question and still haven't received a reply. Haha..... *PANIC*
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PermanentDmg
Full Member
They might be a bit behind. I submitted July 24th and got my II on September 2nd.
Little after 3pm estFor those accepted, what time of day did they call?
Mine was around 5:30 ESTFor those accepted, what time of day did they call?
Thanks! Hopefully I will be getting good news this afternoon!Little after 3pm est