-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Louisville
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I haven’t sent mine yet but was going to send it to Jennifer Coffey, the director of admissionsHas anybody on the WL sent in a LOI? And if so, did you send it to the admissions email?
Ok so I guess her email is just the general med admissions email, so yeah lolI haven’t sent mine yet but was going to send it to Jennifer Coffey, the director of admissions
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recently withdrew my IS acceptance--hope it goes to one of you fine folks.
They're both great options. At the end of the day, it depends on where you want to go to school. Personally, if I had the option I would pick UKSOM. They're ranked higher as a medical school and they have 4 great campus sites, where you can choose a larger city or smaller community setting (if you're interested in that). UK also has amazing clinical rotation sites throughout Kentucky. ULSOM does as well but I read Louisville nearly lost accreditation just a few years ago for “not having enough seats for the amount of students.” I heard they fixed that issue but for me, I think UK might be the safer option in terms of residency placement. Look at everything before making a decision. Good luck!!Is anyone trying to decide between here and UK? Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this or on ULSOM in general!
RockJohnson9
New Member
One week until we will likely see the first shifts off of the waitlist, godspeed and good luck everyone
Just an FYI the FB group has been created. Just search University of Louisville School of Medicine Class of 2025
gotanygrapes
New Member
OOS A from WL! So excited!!
chocochipcookies123
New Member
Congrats! Was it a phone call or email?Just got OOS A from the WL can not wait to see all of you in the Fall. THis is my first A and I just can't stop crying.
dtugadawg
Full Member
Email! around 5:30 PMCongrats! Was it a phone call or email?
Recently withdrew my A... IS applicant. Best of luck to those on the WL!
chocochipcookies123
New Member
I got an OOS A today at around 4:30 pm CST via email and they followed up with a phone call about an hour later!! Good luck to everyone who is waiting anxiously like I was..I’m praying for you all and rooting for the best!
BeehiveDoctor
New Member
HUGE congrats!!!I got an OOS A today at around 4:30 pm CST via email and they followed up with a phone call about an hour later!! Good luck to everyone who is waiting anxiously like I was..I’m praying for you all and rooting for the best!
Would you mind sharing what your stats were?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone seen any IS waitlist movement yet this cycle?
spicymeatball
Full Member
@Horsmanb18 asking the important questionsHas anyone seen any IS waitlist movement yet this cycle?
mozzarella43
New Member
Did anyone else just get an email about a waitlist update thinking it was an A? 🤡
positivityandfunions
New Member
I got an OOS A from the waitlist yesterday via email around 4:30 E.S.T, then a phone call an hour later! This is my first A of the cycle and I am super excited! Good luck to everybody still on the WL!
🙋Did anyone else just get an email about a waitlist update thinking it was an A? 🤡
chocochipcookies123
New Member
503, 3.32 undergrad, 3.8 gradHUGE congrats!!!
Would you mind sharing what your stats were?
Did you do UofL’s masters for your grad gpa?503, 3.32 undergrad, 3.8 grad
chocochipcookies123
New Member
I did not.Did you do UofL’s masters for your grad gpa?
spicymeatball
Full Member
Anyone have updates on the waitlist? No one I know has heard anything so feeling very in the dark!
mozzarella43
New Member
Haven’t heard anything. I’m dying to know if there’s any IS movement lolAnyone have updates on the waitlist? No one I know has heard anything so feeling very in the dark!
Right, IS has been DEADHaven’t heard anything. I’m dying to know if there’s any IS movement lol
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
If accepted to both UofL and UKCOM Lexington, which would you choose and why?
spicymeatball
Full Member
SAME I'm losing it over hereHaven’t heard anything. I’m dying to know if there’s any IS movement lol
cardiocandy
Admitted-MD
Has anyone heard of any OOS movement? Or is the waitlist movement essentially over for OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
WL movement for OOS is more likely than IS. People are waiting to hear back from their state schools. I'd imagine June is when you will see a lot more movement.
mozzarella43
New Member
Why is that?WL movement for OOS is more likely than IS. People are waiting to hear back from their state schools. I'd imagine June is when you will see a lot more movement.
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Because people rather attend their state school since in state tuition is cheaper. Right now, lots of people are on the WL for their in state school, and if they get off of that WL, they are more likely to withdraw their acceptance from here (or any other out of state school they got accepted to)Why is that?
RockJohnson9
New Member
Just got in off the IS waitlist a few hours ago, email and then a phone call a couple minutes later!! Best of luck to everyone!
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Withdrawing my OOS A here. Good luck to all those on the WL!
Farm country
New Member
Accepted off IS waitlist. Does anyone know anybody that attends/attended here and can comment about their overall experience?
Is R today
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing your statsAccepted off IS waitlist. Does anyone know anybody that attends/attended here and can comment about their overall experience?
spicymeatball
Full Member
I didn't know they'd send out Rs at this point. Were you on the waitlist? Did they give any feedback?Is R today
cardiocandy
Admitted-MD
Has anyone heard anything about OOS waitlist movement?
blobfish22
New Member
Contacted admissions today and was told that waitlist movement has been slower than they expected
gotanygrapes
New Member
Withdrew my OOS A! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!
spicymeatball
Full Member
thanks for the update! although disappointing 😢Contacted admissions today and was told that waitlist movement has been slower than they expected
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad