2020-2021 Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yesss also are you in state/out of state/stats if u will šŸ„ŗ
Yes sure - I am in state, 502, 3.9, and more nontrad applicant, haha masters in neuro/psy, very heavy research / 8 publications, after masters work experience teaching at uni / masters level therapist!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I'm hoping next week we see more waitlist movement since it will be 15 days after the May 15 notifications. Spreading good luck to everyone still waiting to hear

Reactions: 1 user
Happy to say I was accepted off the WL yesterday! I had all but given up hope when I got the call.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received the A today. Now I have to make a quick decision but it is definitely a good spot to be in

For anyone who has been accepted, does MU provide you with a stethoscope or require a certain one? I have not been accepted to Marian (yet, hopefully), but I was wanting to go ahead and purchase one because the school I have been accepted to does not provide them. I don't want to buy a stethoscope for that school and then realize I didn't need to buy one for Marian or I bought the wrong one.

I was planning on going with the Littmann 3 or 4 because you can't really go wrong with those lol

Last edited:
For anyone who has been accepted, do MU provide you with a stethoscope or require a certain one? I have not been accepted to Marian (yet, hopefully), but I was wanting to go ahead and purchase one because the school I have been accepted to does not provide them. I don't want to buy a stethoscope for that school and then realize I didn't need to buy one for Marian or I bought the wrong one.

I was planning on going with the Littmann 3 or 4 because you can't really go wrong with those lol
one is provided in the medical bag that you buy during orientation. but having another one isn't a bad idea! either the 3 or 4 in a neutral color like navy or black would be best

Members don't see this ad :)
Have we come to conclusion that getting the BMS-->DO program email was a bad sign? I myself got that email and am basically taking it as a rejection but I still have a tiny bit of hope lol.

Have we come to conclusion that getting the BMS-->DO program email was a bad sign? I myself got that email and am basically taking it as a rejection but I still have a tiny bit of hope lol.
I feel the exact same :/ I have decided if I don't hear this week, I will give up

I feel the exact same :/ I have decided if I don't hear this week, I will give up
Yeah I def feel you. I wish where we stood on the waitlist so we could plan further, but it is what it is. I hope the best for you!!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have the info for the group chat or BMS Facebook page?

did anyone go to the zoom meeting about the bms->do program? I was curious if it was online or in-person but I had to work and couldn't login in time!

did anyone go to the zoom meeting about the bms->do program? I was curious if it was online or in-person but I had to work and couldn't login in time!
Yeah I did , the fall classes are in person if thatā€™s what u mean

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats?
Of course, sorry for the late reply... I have taken a bit of a hiatus after the good news lol. 3.8 cum, 3.65 sci, 508 MCAT, IS. Completed my app in October! Have a good chunk of hours in the ED and also some other unique background experiences. This was my top choice; IU has been horrible to communicate with and I was really turned off by their app process. I know several grads who have almost entirely positive things to say about the school and who are doing well for themselves; definitely a great school!

Also, for those wondering, currently in the GroupMe there are 113 students. I am sure there are more Aā€™s who havent joined, but donā€™t give up hope quite yet. I got my call when I least expected it!!

Of course, sorry for the late reply... I have taken a bit of a hiatus after the good news lol. 3.8 cum, 3.65 sci, 508 MCAT, IS. Completed my app in October! Have a good chunk of hours in the ED and also some other unique background experiences. This was my top choice; IU has been horrible to communicate with and I was really turned off by their app process. I know several grads who have almost entirely positive things to say about the school and who are doing well for themselves; definitely a great school!

Also, for those wondering, currently in the GroupMe there are 113 students. I am sure there are more Aā€™s who havent joined, but donā€™t give up hope quite yet. I got my call when I least expected it!!
Agree completely about IU!! And for what it's worth, I know several physicians who teach med students in Indy and they have all said they prefer the Marian students because they are better prepared for clinicals

Agree completely about IU!! And for what it's worth, I know several physicians who teach med students in Indy and they have all said they prefer the Marian students because they are better prepared for clinicals
Any program, including IU and Marian, has a wide spectrum regarding quality of students and how prepared they are. I've heard the statements go both ways, Marian student over IU student and IU student over Marian student, and for different reasons.

Turned down my acceptance today. I hope it goes to one of you

• Care
I got the call yesterday just as I was losing hope! Very excited about Marian and wishing luck to all of you hanging in there, a lot of time is left!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just received the acceptance call yesterday morning!

omg yay!! congrats! do you mind sharing the deets
Not at all! In-state. 3.7 GPA and 510 MCAT. Non-traditional applicant with about 7 years of clinical experience as an EMT and as a medical assistant. Interviewed in late January and was waitlisted in February. I never received the BMS invitation either in case anyone was curious about whether that was a good or bad sign.

Hey guys! Any update on class size? Just trying to decide if I should give up hope or not (this is an emotional rollercoaster lol)

Hey guys! Any update on class size? Just trying to decide if I should give up hope or not (this is an emotional rollercoaster lol)
Hey! Just to update, there are currently 112 people in the GroupMe, but there is the possibility that some people aren't in there. There have been people leaving and entering one by one this last week. I know how crazy this cycle has been so I've got my fingers crossed for you!

• Care
sending all of us good vibes this weekkkkkkk

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what resources the school provides? I know they provide an iPad, but I was curious if they provide First Aid, pathoma etc. Thanks!

Does anyone know what resources the school provides? I know they provide an iPad, but I was curious if they provide First Aid, pathoma etc. Thanks!
they provide an ipad. not first aid in print, but they have first aid on the marian library website elctronically. i personally bought it in print so i could highlight it and make all the notes. for classes after me, they provided pathoma but i'm not sure if that's still the case. they will let you know what they provide during orientation and then you can buy things on amazon so it can get there quickly!

they provide an ipad. not first aid in print, but they have first aid on the marian library website elctronically. i personally bought it in print so i could highlight it and make all the notes. for classes after me, they provided pathoma but i'm not sure if that's still the case. they will let you know what they provide during orientation and then you can buy things on amazon so it can get there quickly!
Thanks!

Got an Invite today for the BMS program to matriculate next year. Iā€™m taking it as a soft R šŸ¤·

Got an Invite today for the BMS program to matriculate next year. Iā€™m taking it as a soft R šŸ¤·
I also received that email. Iā€™m thinking of applying but staying hopeful lol