2020-2021 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted at Milwaukee! Got the email a few minutes ago and the portal is updated.

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
IS applicant complete email on 7/16, should I be worried that I haven't heard anything yet?
Complete 7/14, also IS and desperately waiting to hear something, I would LOVE to interview here ahhhh

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else interview on 10/09 and still not heard back? They said by EOD on 10/16 so wondering what time that'll be...

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering the same thing. I interviewed 9/29 and still haven't heard anything.

First acceptance!!! Interviewed on 9/25.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone not heard yet or found out what time end of day is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Obsessively checking my email...hoping for some good news soon!!

Just to verify, paying the deposit and clicking that you accept the seat is non-binding and just holds your seat, right? Just a bit confused since the deadline isn't til April
Yes, depending on the school if you withdraw before the deadline you'll get refunded the deposit. By accepting the seat you're saving your place but you won't be reprimanded if post deadline you have other options and choose a different school.

Still waiting! Trying to still stay calm. At this point, I just want to know either way.

Accepted! Was getting pretty nervous for a second. Since the deposit to save a seat is not due till the end of April. We don't technically have to respond with our decision to accept right now, right?

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted! Was getting pretty nervous for a second. Since the deposit to save a seat is not due till the end of April. We don't technically have to respond with our decision to accept right now, right?
Yea i think so. Im looking forward to the second look day in April to actually see the campus and meet people! Hopefully corona allows that

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted with an interview on 9/25! I am excited for second look to be able to meet you all

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 9/18, accepted last night. What a wild ride it's been. I still can't believe it

• Love
Accepted last night! Re-applicant and interviewed 10/02. I'm IS and super excited

• Love
Accepted yesterday to Milwaukee! So excited!

• Love
Just to verify, paying the deposit and clicking that you accept the seat is non-binding and just holds your seat, right? Just a bit confused since the deadline isn't til April
It is not binding, but they will not refund you the deposit. They will hold your seat either way for this school, but require the deposit and accepting the seat by April 30th.

Got the waitlist yesterday and taking it pretty hard, are there any students lurking on here that can offer any words of advice?

• Care
Got an II! Haven’t scheduled yet. For those that interviewed, how fast is the turn around for decisions?

Just received an II!!!

Can someone who has recently interviewed dm me? Would appreciate if someone could answer some questions. Thanks and good luck to everyone!!!

For folks who got an II yesterday, can you share when you were complete? Thanks! and Congrats!

Got an II! Haven’t scheduled yet. For those that interviewed, how fast is the turn around for decisions?
Mine was one week. But it varies from last week Friday (first meeting to decide on acceptances) to when interviews started. So there isn’t a set time yet, I think.

Just received an II!!!

Can someone who has recently interviewed dm me? Would appreciate if someone could answer some questions. Thanks and good luck to everyone!!!
Congratulations!! Are you IS or OOS?

Considering how MCW's most recent email encouraged applicants to vote, do you think it would be okay to include something like this in my update letter:

"I have been volunteering with Planned Parenthood Votes. I do phone banking to reach out to voters in swing states."

Wisconsin has until recently been a blue state so idk if this is a risky move to talk about my volunteering with PP votes.

Considering how MCW's most recent email encouraged applicants to vote, do you think it would be okay to include something like this in my update letter:

"I have been volunteering with Planned Parenthood Votes. I do phone banking to reach out to voters in swing states."

Wisconsin has until recently been a blue state so idk if this is a risky move to talk about my volunteering with PP votes.

I actually mentioned PP in my secondary essays for them, but I am sure there is some small risk. I also did some phone banking and letter writing this fall (I'm home with kids anyway, sooo), but this time I just wrote "various organizations including Vote Forward" because I had mentioned PP last time. So, there is possibly some small modicum of risk, however, it also highlights what medical rights are at risk in the election making it relevant to volunteer...? I'd say probably fine, but I'm sure there is some small chance you could get the wrong reader.

I actually mentioned PP in my secondary essays for them, but I am sure there is some small risk. I also did some phone banking and letter writing this fall (I'm home with kids anyway, sooo), but this time I just wrote "various organizations including Vote Forward" because I had mentioned PP last time. So, there is possibly some small modicum of risk, however, it also highlights what medical rights are at risk in the election making it relevant to volunteer...? I'd say probably fine, but I'm sure there is some small chance you could get the wrong reader.

It just depends on who is reviewing your app. Milwaukee is a pretty blue area and most of the faculty and staff I have met at MCW are blue.

So if we've been accepted, there's nothing more we need to do right? Because I don't see anywhere we can accept the offer without paying the non-refundable deposit

I would stick with non-partisan/non-controversial organizations or just stick with "voting volunteering". If it were me reading your essay, I wouldn't want my personal beliefs to color your chances, but I can't deny that as a religious person it would put a bad taste in my mouth.

Hello, all, congrats to those who received A's and best of luck to those with II's, waitlists, and are still waiting. There is a Facebook group for those accepted, simply search "Medical College of Wisconsin 2025." Looking forward to seeing you guys on Second Look Day!

I would stick with non-partisan/non-controversial organizations or just stick with "voting volunteering". If it were me reading your essay, I wouldn't want my personal beliefs to color your chances, but I can't deny that as a religious person it would put a bad taste in my mouth.
Wow interesting. Thank you for the honest feedback!

Hello, all, congrats to those who received A's and best of luck to those with II's, waitlists, and are still waiting. There is a Facebook group for those accepted, simply search "Medical College of Wisconsin 2025." Looking forward to seeing you guys on Second Look Day!
Nothing shows up for me :(

does anyone know how MCW feels about updates?