2020-2021 Medical College of Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats everyone! Do you guys mind sharing stats and complete dates?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else not complete yet with them not marking your CASPER score??

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone in this forum able to share experience or knowledge about the MCW-GB program? I have some questions and will DM to avoid flooding this forum.

Just wanna let you guys know, complete date will not tell you anything. It's not a good predictor of when the people assigned to read your application read it. So don't freak out if people were complete after you and get II's

Reactions: 8 users
Just wanna let you guys know, complete date will not tell you anything. It's not a good predictor of when the people assigned to read your application read it. So don't freak out if people were complete after you and get II's
Appreciate you!

I can vouch; submitted my secondary for MCW mid september of 2019 and was able to get an interview; granted, it was later in the cycle (january) but don't think you're out of the game because of date completions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone interviewed here yet? How was it? Also, how soon in advance did you receive your 1:1 interview times?

I have an Interview next week at the Central Wisconsin Campus, anyone else?

Has an out of state applicant ever received an invite to a regional campus? I have a lot of work volunteering and working and in rural communities and have a passion for rural medicine, so I was just wondering?

Has an out of state applicant ever received an invite to a regional campus? I have a lot of work volunteering and working and in rural communities and have a passion for rural medicine, so I was just wondering?
Yes, I received an OOS (no ties) interview invite last cycle. They only accept ~5 OOS for each regional campus and I think they tend to interview a majority of them later in the cycle. Last year, I interviewed in February (II ~5 days prior) and there were 8 OOS applicants and 2 IS applicants that day. They are DEFINITELY looking for a mission fit for their regional campuses, which is to repopulate the physician population in rural Wisconsin (mentioned multiple times by school).

Last edited:
does MCW screen for secondaries? I checked MSAR and it looks like they are supposed to be sent to all applicants but I haven't received one since submitting primary about 2 weeks ago

does MCW screen for secondaries? I checked MSAR and it looks like they are supposed to be sent to all applicants but I haven't received one since submitting primary about 2 weeks ago
I don't believe they do. Give it another couple weeks. If you don't get anything then, email them.

I don’t think they screen I added them to my primary on 9/29 and received a secondary on 9/30

I don’t think they screen I added them to my primary on 9/29 and received a secondary on 9/30
huh that's weird, maybe I will reach out to them soon since its already October... thank you for letting me know!

Last edited:
If they'll take you. When you're a med student you just email and ask. From my experience, pretty much everyone at MCW will let students help
Thanks @athorcommens. I wanted to mention that in my secondary but was not sure if med students can join those programs

Hope this upcoming week includes lots of MCW IIs for us folks

Reactions: 11 users
I'm late to reply to this, but I was marked complete 8/3 and started to get worried about two weeks later. Realized their secondary was in my spam folder!

I'm late to reply to this, but I was marked complete 8/3 and started to get worried about two weeks later. Realized their secondary was in my spam folder!
I have been checking spam and haven't seen anything! thank you for your advice tho, not sure what else to do

I have been checking spam and haven't seen anything! thank you for your advice tho, not sure what else to do
You could always call admissions. They're pretty helpful and nice. It's weird you haven't gotten one this late in the year. It's almost October 16

You could always call admissions. They're pretty helpful and nice. It's weird you haven't gotten one this late in the year. It's almost October 16
thank you! yes I agree I think I am gonna reach out. I was just trying to wait a bit since I submitted my primary in late September but its been over a couple weeks now so Ill likely reach out

Was the text for the second question on the secondary larger than the first essay for anyone else?

Has anyone who is interviewing on Friday received the email with what time our interviews will be?

did anyone else without an II just get an update from the school?

Reactions: 29 users
Just got the R. OOS complete 9/9. Good luck everyone!

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
did anyone else without an II just get an update from the school?

Not I, what was the update?

Edit: nvm just got it

More Edit: Lowkey like this school updates, they act like people and treat us like people. Its refreshing.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users
they said how they have started IIs, and decisions come out at the end of next week and that they will email us when things change and that they dont do silent rejections and a reminder at the end to vote. these people are so nice.

Reactions: 15 users
does that mean they will give out IIs soon? i hope. praying

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone else get the update email and thought it was an interview invite :dead:

Reactions: 16 users
they said how they have started IIs, and decisions come out at the end of next week and that they will email us when things change and that they dont do silent rejections and a reminder at the end to vote. these people are so nice.
Low key love the transparency they have for us as applicants.

Anyone else get the update email and thought it was an interview invite :dead:
I thought it was a rejection! Got my first R today and was like “welp here they come”

Reactions: 6 users
Not I, what was the update?

Edit: nvm just got it

More Edit: Lowkey like this school updates, they act like people and treat us like people. Its refreshing.
just a status update. basically, hey, if we havent rejected or invited you to interview, we're still in process of reviewing or considering you, but we cannot provide specifics on where you're at in the queue specifically

+1 to the update email

I love MCW’s communication! I applied last cycle and throughout the entire process their communication was top-notch, even informing applicants when interviews would be mainly for the waitlist. I really hope I can interview here again!

Reactions: 7 users