2020-2021 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone whose complete since late September not hear back :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted 10/9
Was super excited until I started sifting through some of the forums on here comparing it to other schools pointing out the negatives. Anyone else? Or am I just being paranoid?
Regardless, still extremely thankful and excited for the A

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted 10/9
Was super excited until I started sifting through some of the forums on here comparing it to other schools pointing out the negatives. Anyone else? Or am I just being paranoid?
Regardless, still extremely thankful and excited for the A
I have read them too but I just take them with a grain of salt. I’ve talked to students (a couple of old undergrad classmates) at the Arkansas campus and they said they have found no major issues that makes them dislike the school. The majority of the people that post don’t even go to the school and have only heard through the grapevine so idk if it’s worth trusting. Glad you got the A!

Reactions: 1 users
D
I have read them too but I just take them with a grain of salt. I’ve talked to students (a couple of old undergrad classmates) at the Arkansas campus and they said they have found no major issues that makes them dislike the school. The majority of the people that post don’t even go to the school and have only heard through the grapevine so idk if it’s worth trusting. Glad you got the A!
Dope Thanks!

For those of you who have been accepted, I was curious about the details of acceptance. Is there conditions or requirements to maintain to keep your seat. Any grade minimums?

For those of you who have been accepted, I was curious about the details of acceptance. Is there conditions or requirements to maintain to keep your seat. Any grade minimums?
I haven’t been told anything. In the acceptance email, it says “Accepted Students” link and we follow that and it has directions on the next steps such as paying the deposit of 1,500$, sending in the acceptance reply form, vaccinations, send in the final official transcripts. Nothing about specific grades that I have found.

Anyone else think this may be the week for the next round of acceptances? Interviewed on 10/9 really hoping for some good news

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else think this may be the week for the next round of acceptances? Interviewed on 10/9 really hoping for some good news
I had my interview the day before yours
Hope we both hear some good news

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewing here this week, does anyone know if this is open or closed file? Someone earlier stated they could see the secondary app but not the primary, does anyone know? Thank you and good luck everyone!

Interviewing here this week, does anyone know if this is open or closed file? Someone earlier stated they could see the secondary app but not the primary, does anyone know? Thank you and good luck everyone!

That is correct, they have access to essays but no stats, etc.

Just got a II for next week at Jonesboro, LM 67ish.

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to change your preferred campus or how to say you'd prefer the other campus. I put Jonesboro originally in my secondary (and that I'd be open to both), but I think I would actually prefer the OW campus. Has anyone been able to switch their campus?

Just got a II for next week at Jonesboro, LM 67ish.

I was wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to change your preferred campus or how to say you'd prefer the other campus. I put Jonesboro originally in my secondary (and that I'd be open to both), but I think I would actually prefer the OW campus. Has anyone been able to switch their campus?
Not 100% sure on this but I thought that the two campuses are run almost independently. As in each campus has their own adcom and all that. So this means that the people at Jonesboro think you’re a good fit for them but you’d need the OW adcom to extend an II to you if you want to go there.

I could be wrong but that was my interpretation

Reactions: 3 users
II today! This is very, very humbling and I'm without words, tbh. It's my first II. Does anyone have any advice? I've read that it's pretty laid back, but wondering if there is anything specific I should know?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
II today! This very, very humbling and I'm without words, tbh. It's my first II. Does anyone have any advice? I've read that it's pretty laid back, but wondering if there is anything specific I should know?
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats and complete date?

From what I’ve read they have a pretty high Post II acceptance rate. So if you’ve been given an interview your chances are good. We should be hearing back mid November
Where did you read the info about the post-II acceptance rate?

II today! This is very, very humbling and I'm without words, tbh. It's my first II. Does anyone have any advice? I've read that it's pretty laid back, but wondering if there is anything specific I should know?
congrats :) which campus is this for?

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats and complete date?
Thanks so much! Kind of surreal, tbh. Trying not to get ahead of myself here lol.

Supplemental submitted 8/22. I had a sub-3.0 in undergrad but killed it (>3.8) in my 2 year SMP, 504 MCAT. Tons of healthcare hours/community service & ECs. I feel like the only thing that got me my II is my SMP.

Can anyone confirm how many LORs are needed for this site? I'm getting mixed answers.

Thanks so much! Kind of surreal, tbh. Trying not to get ahead of myself here lol.

Supplemental submitted 8/22. I had a sub-3.0 in undergrad but killed it (>3.8) in my 2 year SMP, 504 MCAT. Tons of healthcare hours/community service & ECs. I feel like the only thing that got me my II is my SMP.
You deserved it. Sending you well wishes for your interview

It was very laid back, expect the regular why DO, Why medicine, Why NYIT etc. Look at SDN for potential other questions. Most importantly try to keep relaxed and avoid excessive talking. I know its stressfull, but i think as soon as you meet your interviewer you will feel more relaxed. I Interviewed 9/18 Accepted 10/9

has anyone who interviewed at NYIT-OW heard anything? interviewed 10/1
I don’t think any October interviews have heard anything yet. Possibly the next couple days, hopefully !

So can someone explain what it means if we don’t hear anything tomorrow? Is that like us being put on a “waitlist”. After my interview I never heard when we would hear back, so I’m just confused.

So can someone explain what it means if we don’t hear anything tomorrow? Is that like us being put on a “waitlist”. After my interview I never heard when we would hear back, so I’m just confused.
If you don’t hear back you could possibly get accepted in a later month or waitlisted based on past years. Some people from September interviews had a two month wait till they got the A. This school seems to have a lot of waitlist movement also.

Looks like people started receiving waitlist letters beginning in January. Right now it's just a waiting game to see if you get an acceptance letter or not (with decisions sent out every month). There were people who were accepted two weeks after being waitlisted or up until around the start of classes.

I have an interview coming up here next week which I’m super excited for! I have what might be a silly question, when an interviewer asks you “why DO?” is that typically where you want to talk about why you want to be a physician in general, why specifically an osteopathic physician, or both? Just want to make sure I’m not going on for too long or too little when responding. Thanks for any advice!

If you don’t hear back you could possibly get accepted in a later month or waitlisted based on past years. Some people from September interviews had a two month wait till they got the A. This school seems to have a lot of waitlist movement also.
Did you see many post-I rejections in the past years?

Hey guys, I just got an interview invite at the NYIT-Jonesboro campus. I'm really excited but super, super nervous. This is my first ever interview for a medical school.

Can anybody who has interviewed with the Arkansas campus give details as to what type of questions they ask? General questions or any curveballs? I tried looking for an interview feedback thread and didn't get much help. Also, are their interviewers more strict or laid back?

Would appreciate any help. Thank you and good luck!

Hey guys, I just got an interview invite at the NYIT-Jonesboro campus. I'm really excited but super, super nervous. This is my first ever interview for a medical school.

Can anybody who has interviewed with the Arkansas campus give details as to what type of questions they ask? General questions or any curveballs? I tried looking for an interview feedback thread and didn't get much help. Also, are their interviewers more strict or laid back?

Would appreciate any help. Thank you and good luck!
why do
what will you do if your not accepted
why do you think your a great fit