2020-2021 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I need this A more than Anything!

10/21/2020 Interview

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Do we know if there is a particular time when decisions go out?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview coming up here next week which I’m super excited for! I have what might be a silly question, when an interviewer asks you “why DO?” is that typically where you want to talk about why you want to be a physician in general, why specifically an osteopathic physician, or both? Just want to make sure I’m not going on for too long or too little when responding. Thanks for any advice!
IDK if someone replied to you but I always like to respond with stories or examples so I talked about when I first learned about osteopathic medicine from my job as a scribe and why working with these physicians pushed me to pursue osteopathic medicine. I also add in how over the years I have learned about OMM, the philosophy, etc. I hope that was helpful! :)

DAY 200 MILLION NO SIGN OF ACCEPTANCE LETTER/EMAIL.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed mid October, and I am waiting for a possible decision today.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview coming up here next week which I’m super excited for! I have what might be a silly question, when an interviewer asks you “why DO?” is that typically where you want to talk about why you want to be a physician in general, why specifically an osteopathic physician, or both? Just want to make sure I’m not going on for too long or too little when responding. Thanks for any advice!
Definitely have something specific as to why you're applying to an osteopathic medical school other than "my grades weren't good enough for Harvard." Many moons ago when I applied I talked about the osteopathic philosophy and used that segue into a discussion on some experiences I had shadowing doctors.

Refreshing my mail every 5 minutes. This is so stressful.

Reactions: 3 users
Just weighing in to say that I I interviewed 9/18 and haven't heard anything yet.

Reactions: 4 users
Just watch that they don’t even release anything today lol

• Haha
Interviewed 9/9, and haven’t heard a peep. Really hopeful for today

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted just now in OW. First acceptance

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Accepted just now, OW campus. Interviewed 10/22. This is my second application cycle and first ever acceptance I'm shaking.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Accepted at OW campus, received the email at 2:10 pm ET, interviewed on 10/02. Super happy!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed 10/23 and just got accepted!!!! First one!

• Love
Did someone make an accepted students group? This is MY FIRST CHOICE MED SCHOOL and I’d love to talk to others!

Reactions: 3 users
This might be a neurotic question, but are all the emails sent at the exact same time? Interviewed on 10/20 and now realizing I'm turning into one of those neurotic people I talk about...

Accepted!! Interviewed with Jonesboro 10/14 also got a little 10% scholarship which is cool!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
First acceptance!!!! Wow. Speechless and in complete shock. Congratulations to everyone else, and good luck to everyone still waiting.

• Love
Can’t wait to meet all my future classmates!! :love:

Damn, this is what I was scared of... no email. 3.2 gpa 510 mcat

• Care
First Acceptance! Utterly speechless right now. So happy. Congrats to everyone else who got their A today! I can’t wait to meet you guys in August!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
First Acceptance! Utterly speechless right now. So happy. Congrats to everyone else who got their A today! I can’t wait to meet you guys in August!
Congrats! Did you also get the email around an hour ago or just now?!