2020-2021 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an acceptance off waitlist yesterday. Not sure if I need to do anything else to decline or if not paying the deposit by the deadline will suffice. Anyway, hope my spot goes to one of you!
Westbury and Jonesboro

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should decline if that’s your plan, it’s just there are so many waiting for a spot, just good Karma

I’ll definitely get on that. They don’t offer any info about the proper procedure for declining as far as I can tell so I’ll just send an email. Good luck everyone!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
anyone else get into the ms/do program? do you think that'll hurt our chances of getting off the waitlist? until we accept the ms/do we should still be on the waitlist right??

Hi everyone! I was just placed on the WL today to the Jonesboro campus. Does anyone know where (or who) to send LOI?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Got an acceptance yesterday via Email! (didn't realize till just now sorry). My deadline to confirm the acceptance is May 5th, so DON'T give up hope. I will be holding on to this A while I remain on the waitlist at my top choice school until mid-May. I'll post here if I get in there and reject this acceptance.

Reactions: 4 users
Got an acceptance yesterday via Email! (didn't realize till just now sorry). My deadline to confirm the acceptance is May 5th, so DON'T give up hope. I will be holding on to this A while I remain on the waitlist at my top choice school until mid-May. I'll post here if I get in there and reject this acceptance.
Congrats!!! Was this off the waitlist? When did you interview? thanks!!

I try to check this thread only once every few weeks or so because the constant checking makes me go a little crazy lol. Was honestly a little shocked to see the WL acceptances and part of me was almost happy it hadn't started yet because now I have to go back to constantly checking my email. From one overly anxious WL kid to the next; good luck to everyone (and pray for me if you have any extra lol - this is my dream school and I have no As yet).

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I try to check this thread only once every few weeks or so because the constant checking makes me go a little crazy lol. Was honestly a little shocked to see the WL acceptances and part of me was almost happy it hadn't started yet because now I have to go back to constantly checking my email. From one overly anxious WL kid to the next; good luck to everyone (and pray for me if you have any extra lol - this is my dream school and I have no As yet).
Remember there are people with multi acceptances(yeah I hate them too lol) but they have to narrow down to 1 on May 15th, then it’s our turn !!!

• Care
I have a feeling May will be a good month for all of us on the WL :)

- And if it helps, I'll likely turn down my NYITCOM acceptance once I finalize my financial aid - so like @luckymed99 said, your turn is coming!!

Reactions: 3 users
There are a bunch of people accepted that are waiting on an MD waitlist or acceptance, so there should be a lot of movement after April 30. May will be good for a lot of people. Hope you luck.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
anyone else get into the ms/do program? do you think that'll hurt our chances of getting off the waitlist? until we accept the ms/do we should still be on the waitlist right??
i got into the ms/ do. idk if it hurts our chances but i have 1 more week to accept my offer and just might have to

i got into the ms/ do. idk if it hurts our chances but i have 1 more week to accept my offer and just might have to
I thought if you accept the MS/DO offer you give up your spot on the waitlist? That’s what I understood from last years thread.

I thought if you accept the MS/DO offer you give up your spot on the waitlist? That’s what I understood from last years thread.
If that's honestly the case though I would take it because it's either a guarantee DO spot (yes you need to pursue an MS degree) or taking your chances with the WL? I mean ... that's an easy choice for me lol

If that's honestly the case though I would take it because it's either a guarantee DO spot (yes you need to pursue an MS degree) or taking your chances with the WL? I mean ... that's an easy choice for me lol
That’s the case. If i accept the offer than off the WL.

Reactions: 1 users
The class size is nearly 300 and all medical schools over accept. I’d estimate at least 200 and Im lowballing lol

Just withdrew my A. Good luck y'all!

• Care
Rise n Grind dudes let’s get this A 🔥

Reactions: 5 users
I guess this is when the waitlist movement picks up. Now or never.

Does an invitation to apply to the NYITCOM M.S. in Biomedical Sciences Program mean you've been rejected from the waitlist? It's a huge financial burden so it's very disheartning.
Are you willing to share a screenshot of that email? I would like to see the language used. I would contact admissions office and see what this means for your waitlist status.

Does an invitation to apply to the NYITCOM M.S. in Biomedical Sciences Program mean you've been rejected from the waitlist? It's a huge financial burden so it's very disheartning.
No, you’re still on the waitlist. Only if you get into the MS/DO bridge program AND you accept, then you’ll be removed off the waitlist.

I was reviewing last years thread and to me it looks like there was no continued waitlist movement till after May 15th .

Have any recent admits gotten the background check info yet?

Can someone speak about the curriculum or is there a calendar out with block schedule? I was just wondering if it’s lecture based or a combo of group problem based learning?

Been 2 weeks of no movement since the first waitlist movement. Is this year going to be a low movement year or you think they're waiting for the 15th?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Been 2 weeks of no movement since the first waitlist movement. Is this year going to be a low movement year or you think they're waiting for the 15th?
I think there waiting till the 15th. I am on 5 waitlists and all movement seems to be stagnant.

Reactions: 2 users
Who has a feeling maybe this week we get some love? lets manifest it?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users