2020-2021 New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who has a feeling maybe this week we get some love? lets manifest it?
I am making offerings to the admission gods as we speak

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know if NYITCOM rejects post-interview? or are most of us WL folks soft rejects?

does anyone know if NYITCOM rejects post-interview? or are most of us WL folks soft rejects?
It looked like the people taken off the waitlist on the first round were January WL folks. I'm going to make an hazy assumption those on the waitlist after January will get some movement.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone's interviewer say you'd make a great doctor? Or comment about how late you applied? I wanted to explain but I ran out of time. :/ It was a lovely gesture though, honestly worth all the hard work I put in the past few years that seem to be futile.

It looked like the people taken off the waitlist on the first round were January WL folks. I'm going to make an hazy assumption those on the waitlist after January will get some movement.
I was a january folk , and here I am lol still on the WL :(

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone's interviewer say you'd make a great doctor? Or comment about how late you applied? I wanted to explain but I ran out of time. :/ It was a lovely gesture though, honestly worth all the hard work I put in the past few years that seem to be futile.
My interviewer say he’s “not supposed to be saying this” but he’d be shocked if I didn’t get accepted. Here I am on the waitlist for 4 months now :/. So I would say don’t weigh what they say too heavily. I assume they hold a small portion of the decision.

My interviewer say he’s “not supposed to be saying this” but he’d be shocked if I didn’t get accepted. Here I am on the waitlist for 4 months now :/. So I would say don’t weigh what they say too heavily. I assume they hold a small portion of the decision.
I think this is pretty universally true. I was waitlisted at a school last year where they told me that they were surprised I didn't get in off the waitlist and that if I reapplied that I would likely get in. They didn't even interview me.

I think this is pretty universally true. I was waitlisted at a school last year where they told me that they were surprised I didn't get in off the waitlist and that if I reapplied that I would likely get in. They didn't even interview me.

Interviewers should be instructed to not use such empty words with applicants. I was told things such as this is the "Best Interview of the Day", " You're ready for medical school", " I'll see you in the fall" and here I am on 8 waitlists. Luckily, I learned along time ago to not let positive or negative things really get to me.

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewers should be instructed to not use such empty words with applicants. I was told things such as this is the "Best Interview of the Day", " You're ready for medical school", " I'll see you in the fall" and here I am on 8 waitlists. Luckily, I learned along time ago to not let positive or negative things really get to me.
I agree, although this was a much better year for me. I got three acceptances and one waitlist out of my four interviews, and I'm going to NYITCOM-JB. I'm looking forward to the new adventure. Do I wish that other school had accepted me, yes and no. I would have loved the opportunity to go to a state school, but I think I would have hated spending the last year in school online. I'm happy for where I'm headed, and I feel like I had a pretty successful cycle, so I wouldn't really change anything except the fact that I have to get my life packed up over the next few months.

Reactions: 1 users
DBBA94A0-825C-4AD2-A881-BDBFC6F0C7C3.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users
in reality it a lot of movement won't happen till next month based on last year's posts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm honestly living a comedy sketch at this point lmao. Movement won't happen till next cycle xD

• Haha
Wishing everyone in this group the best of luck! Looks like the movement has begun and hopefully you guys will be getting some good news soon.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I just find it hilarious that they only moved a single person off the waitlist at 9:30 and called it quits. Lmao

I’ve been waiting weeks for contact and just recieved this. Excuse me while i scream into my pillow.
E51B4EAC-3B5D-4A29-BDD0-24DF056BBF38.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
My theory is that before they start the mass WL movement they just wanna double check who still wants it so they don't send out A's to people who won't take it.

My theory is that before they start the mass WL movement they just wanna double check who still wants it so they don't send out A's to people who won't take it.
I would agree with that. I does anyone know if they can see who on their WL has As elsewhere?

Is this only for the OW campus or did JB campus receive waitlist email too?

Also- did those who received this waitlist email get an invitation to apply for their masters program as well?

Is this only for the OW campus or did JB campus receive waitlist email too?

Also- did those who received this waitlist email get an invitation to apply for their masters program as well?
My email specified the OW campus so they might send one for the JB campus at some point, but I believe everyone is referencing OW.

I have not received any emails about their masters program.

im not sure if this has already been asked, but does anyone know what the class size will be this coming year?

or at least what is usually its first year class size?

Last edited:
im not sure if this has already been asked, but does anyone know what the class size will be this coming year?

or at least what is usually its first year class size?
It’s around 300.

I just withdrew my A!! Hoping that spot goes to one of you SDN friends :)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
WOW. That's almost 70% of the class extra on the waitlist! is there any statistics on what % actually get off the waitlist?
If those statistics do exist they're hidden somewhere in the admissions office, it's not information the school/admissions shares freely.

Hi. Does anyone know what kind of ipad they give us at nyitcom (Long Island)? Please let me know. Thanks

Hi. Does anyone know what kind of ipad they give us at nyitcom (Long Island)? Please let me know. Thanks
Assuming they keep it the same it's the standard issue 10.2 inch iPad

Did anyone get a confirmation from their WL survey? I submitted it last Wednesday and have not received the confirmation yet, but they also might just be a little behind their predicted timeline as it has only been 2 business days.

Did anyone get a confirmation from their WL survey? I submitted it last Wednesday and have not received the confirmation yet, but they also might just be a little behind their predicted timeline as it has only been 2 business days.
I got mine about 2 hours after I submitted it

rise and grind waitlistees lets get this A 💯💯💯 it aint over till the fat lady sings!!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Did anyone call the office? If so, is it appropriate to ask what your position is on the WL? It seems like the class is already full.

Did anyone call the office? If so, is it appropriate to ask what your position is on the WL? It seems like the class is already full.
Where did you get this information that the class is already full?

I’ve heard that NYIT does not rank its waitlist so idk how they select who gets off the WL and when.

I’ve heard that NYIT does not rank its waitlist so idk how they select who gets off the WL and when.
If I remember correctly from the interview info session, they meet as a whole committee to review all the potential remaining applicants so that they can make a decision about what to do with them. I would imagine that's why they sent out the survey asking if we want to remain on the WL.

Could anyone else confirm this? I might have misheard or misremembered what they said.

• Wow
If I remember correctly from the interview info session, they meet as a whole committee to review all the potential remaining applicants so that they can make a decision about what to do with them. I would imagine that's why they sent out the survey asking if we want to remain on the WL.

Could anyone else confirm this? I might have misheard or misremembered what they said.
I think that is what I remember hearing too?

How long do you think they meet after someone withdraws and there is a position open? Do they do it like that afternoon or a week later? I'm sure there are lots of open spaces after 5/15 date but doesn't look like any movement yett.....

Where did you get this information that the class is already full?
I said it "seems" like it's already full, which is not definitive by any means. I only felt that because someone had posted that they withdrew their acceptance and then another person received an acceptance a few weeks later. However, these posts were deleted today.

I think that is what I remember hearing too?

How long do you think they meet after someone withdraws and there is a position open? Do they do it like that afternoon or a week later? I'm sure there are lots of open spaces after 5/15 date but doesn't look like any movement yett.....
Based on what the email we got about staying on the WL, we had until today (5/19) to respond to them. I would assume that once you have created the list, pulling the files of all those individuals is a fairly simple process. The next factor at play is figuring out how many people have withdrawn and how many open seats there are. This could take a little longer depending on how many different ways there are to withdraw from the program. That being said you can do steps 1 and 2 simultaneously. I would guess that they are meeting soon maybe within the next week, but obviously I don't know.

I would once again like to reiterate that I don't know anything these are just the assumptions that appear logical to me. Please feel free to expand upon or suggest other ideas.