2020-2021 Northeast Ohio (NEOMED)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just had another thought: what if they don't release decisions today? They said they were "on track" for a 12/16 release, but I don't think that was a hard deadline...?
Delete this pls

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate list :( is this the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Email just now- alternate list.

Feeling good though, accepted to my top choice yesterday.

Hope you all had good news as well!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Also waitlisted. Aw man wish I had an exact reason why

Just received the alternate list email. At least it’s not a rejection I guess haha. Hopefully this waitlist will move! OOS if that helps!

They do ranked WL, right?

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they normally accept a certain number of people off of the waitlist? Any data from previous years?

Do they normally accept a certain number of people off of the waitlist? Any data from previous years?
Some, but not many last year. Sounds like they interviewed even more people this year as well

Waitlisted IS, 3.85/514. Was WLed here last cycle also. Not sure why they interview like 10x the amount of ppl as they need but here we are again lol. Congrats to anyone out there who nabbed an A!

And everyone with A’s from other schools, count your blessings. For many of us, this was the only hope left

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just got my acceptance today. I'll be turning it down so hopefully one of you on the waitlist can take my spot!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted!

Stats in signature.

Completed interview in early October.

I did my associate's degree in high school with a NEOMED-affiliated university.

Best of luck those placed on the waitlist! It's a long cycle -- keep your heads up.

Waitlist as well. IS, stats in signature

• Care
Stats in signature. No connection to the school or Ohio. I have a unique application though so my acceptances aren't really based on my stats. Best of luck!
Oh sorry I’m on mobile! And thanks :)

Did anyone get an R?
when I interviewed last cycle they mentioned that almost no one gets rejected (like 1% or something) basically I think if any serious red flags come up in interview

Fourth WL. Sick to my stomach of this cycle. Had two MD waitlists in my first cycle as well. It wears on a man to have 6 waitlists. Maybe I’m just a ****e interviewer.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
IIRC from previous years, most post-II decisions are WL's. I don't know if that makes anyone feel better. But they seem to accept a few people (especially since they do non-rolling admissions) and pull from the WL as needed.

Actually I think they accepted over 100 students from the WL last year so it does have movement
Yep in terms of my cycle last year, we had people accepted a week before/couples days before the orientation so its definitely going to be a long ride for NEOMED in particular. 2 cycles ago they went until the person that was ranked 180s and I believe for my cycle last year we went around 140-150s I believe. So there is still lots of time for NEOMED!

Yep in terms of my cycle last year, we had people accepted a week before/couples days before the orientation so its definitely going to be a long ride for NEOMED in particular. 2 cycles ago they went until the person that was ranked 180s and I believe for my cycle last year we went around 140-150s I believe. So there is still lots of time for NEOMED!
Thanks for the info!

Is it possible to email and ask for my rank?

Anyone else complete the II prior to Nov 2 that hasn’t received an email?

Did you select/were you asked to select the February date? If so, you might have been moved into the spring round of decisions.

Waitlisted. So do they make a list based on stats or based on all things? This was my only II this cycle so far, given I only applied to 6 colleges....but I would still like to congratulate those of who got the A's yall deserve it!!!

I completed before Nov 2 to get my decision now but haven't received anything. Even check my spam still nothing...

• Hmm
Also selected Nov 2 date, interviewed before that and crickets. Haven't gotten an email yet.

Gotta say, that first paragraph made me thinking I was getting accepted. Then I thought I was getting rejected. By the time I figured out I was getting waitlisted, I was just happy I wasn't getting rejected.