2020-2021 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For all my fellow PCT applicants, application status is posted on vitals. Deferral for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
As a current research assistant in a building attached to the medical campus' admissions office building, I'm ready to start begging for an II lol

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
As a current research assistant in a building attached to the medical campus' admissions office building, I'm ready to start begging for an II lol
Might be a great day to bring the admissions team some starbucks

ETA: maybe jot your AMCAS ID on the cups? idk

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Maybe a question for future me lol, but how much is rent near the Ohio State medical campus? OOS student trying to save if possible.
I'm from Utah, so not the best reference. But I've been looking on Zillow and other sites and it looks pretty affordable. I have a puppy so I'm looking for a house with fenced yard and there's a decent amount of 2/3 bedroom houses around campus for $1500-$2000. In Salt Lake City it would be $2000 minimum.

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe a question for future me lol, but how much is rent near the Ohio State medical campus? OOS student trying to save if possible.
I’m an undergrad at OSU right now and I pay about $500 per month for rent - 10 min walk from the med center in a 5 bedroom with my roommates. Rent ranges from like $400 (hefty walk) to $1000 for the fancy apartments

For accepted students, any idea what's in the package we're getting? I'm pretty excited lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning!! OOS, I'm in shock and never expected this, especially this late in the cycle

Reactions: 4 users
Do I email if it's been 2 weeks and my LOR's have not been checked

Does anyone who’s been accepted know when they’re sending financial aid or scholarship information? Or know if they have given scholarships generously during past application cycles?

Sent in a pre-II update/interest letter. No idea if this will move the needle at all but can't hurt!

Congrats! Did you send an update letter/letter of interest??
Hi! I submitted an update letter with news that I got furloughed from a position on my app (rip) and that I have pursued two new volunteering positions because of this. HOWEVER I sent this letter in early November so I'm not sure if it had any impact!!

II This morning! No letter of interest sent but Scheduled to interview for the 29th of this month!

Reactions: 7 users
I'm starting to lose hope on finessing that II :( feels like they might be wrapping up

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
if anyone's "Choose Your Medical School" tab on AMCAS changes today, could you please say the time it changed! thank you:D

Does anyone who applied for PCT know what email to send a LOI to?

I can confirm, A in CYMS!!! Dream school here I come!

Last edited:
YO I CHECKED MY AMCAS APP AND AND IT SHOWS CYMS. WAS DEFERRED A WHILE AGO WHAT THE FRICK

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
to you guys getting seeing the CYMS update for the acceptance, are you IS or OOS? and when were you deferred

Deferred on November 17th, interviewed october 26th, OOS, 6 foot 1.5 inches, can sometimes touch rim if i am limbered up, cancer, size 12 shoes

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Did anyone else get a virtual second look email today too?

Does anybody know roughly how many acceptances have already gone out?

I feel exposed that I've given up my identity and no one else has
Mmm...if you go through my post history then you'd probably figure me out pretty quickly. But that'd be a pretty Wicked thing to do.

Mmm...if you go through my post history then you'd probably figure me out pretty quickly. But that'd be a pretty Wicked thing to do.
Ah the one who loves Broadway plays.... Clever. Your profile is blocked from viewing though!

Rejected via portal. Interviewed 2/24. Gonna go contemplate the next few months of my life applying for a third time 😂 good luck y’all

• Care
Reactions: 5 users