2020-2021 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is OSU still sending out IIs?
When I originally was looking into a reschedule, they had the 17th and 22nd of March open. So I'll say yes, but it's winding down soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone from the PCT (Primary Care Track) heard anything?

Last edited:
Does anyone remember like... what time on their decision date the decision was posted lol? Like roughly morning, afternoon, evening? (EST)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone remember like... what time on their decision date the decision was posted lol? Like roughly morning, afternoon, evening? (EST)
Based on SDN posts, Mornings (5-8 AM EDT).

Reactions: 1 user
Could someone help me find my decision date, I can't seem to find it on Vitals
They send emails out within a day post-II letting you know! I'd check your inbox -- I'm not sure if it's even listed in Vitals

Has anyone from the PCT (Primary Care Track) heard anything?
In the same boat, I interviewed in November and haven't heard back. Looking back at my emails, they said we'd hear back 'early February', which means they'll probably update us soon (I hope).

I interviewed for the Primary Care Track during the middle of January and I have yet to hear anything.

In the same boat, I interviewed in November and haven't heard back. Looking back at my emails, they said we'd hear back 'early February', which means they'll probably update us soon (I hope).

Glad I am not the only one haha. I interviewed in November as well and have not heard back. Hopefully we all get some good news soon :)

They send emails out within a day post-II letting you know! I'd check your inbox -- I'm not sure if it's even listed in Vitals
thanks, it's been a few days and I haven't gotten anything, not sure if I should reach out if I don't get anything by next week

Same for me. Been getting a little anxious, honestly thought we’d hear back first week of February lol. Oh well. Good luck to everyone also waiting!

what has been the general feel of interviews here? are they pretty laid back/get to know you questions, or are they asking a lot of hypothetical and ethics questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
what has been the general feel of interviews here? are they pretty laid back/get to know you questions, or are they asking a lot of hypothetical and ethics questions?
Pretty laid back/get to know you questions for me. Both of my interviewers were really conversational!

Congrats on your acceptances! Here’s the link to your Facebook page. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions. Please answer the admin questions to join the group.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know what Ohio State's interview cycle is like this year/till when they're giving out II's? Also do they send pre-II R, or do those occur at the end of the cycle?

Anyone know what Ohio State's interview cycle is like this year/till when they're giving out II's? Also do they send pre-II R, or do those occur at the end of the cycle?
If last year is anything to go by, they might not even send pre-II R'S!

• Sad
If anyone else is waiting on a decision tomorrow, you may want to keep an eye on the AMCAS choose your medical school tool. Last year acceptances were visible on AMCAS a day before they showed up on the OSU portal.

• Wow
If anyone else is waiting on a decision tomorrow, you may want to keep an eye on the AMCAS choose your medical school tool. Last year acceptances were visible on AMCAS a day before they showed up on the OSU portal.
Do you know how early they showed up?

OSU is on my AMCAS choose your medical school tool!!! It wasn't there this morning but it is now!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
OSU is on my AMCAS choose your medical school tool!!! It wasn't there this morning but it is now!!!!!
Yeah it means you got accepted! 🎉 Happened last cycle too

• Love
Should I be worried if I am expecting a decision tomorrow and don't see OSU on my choose your medical tool right now?? Would appreciate any feedback
Maybe check again later, but if it's not up then it'll be a deferral.

Decisions are out tomorrow for which interview days?

Congrats!! Did you already have any other acceptances before this? Im wondering what happens if its your first, or if it just means rejection/deferral.

Congrats!! Did you already have any other acceptances before this? Im wondering what happens if its your first, or if it just means rejection/deferral.
If it was their first, then the CYMS tool would open for them. If it wasn't, it would populate onto the list of As.

Nothing on my AMCAS here, guess that means deferred.

• Care
Thank you!!! I did not have any acceptances before this!!!!

Should I be worried if I am expecting a decision tomorrow and don't see OSU on my choose your medical tool right now?? Would appreciate any feedback
No point in worrying about it. Check tomorrow when you wake up and that is that

Accepted :) My choose your medical school tool showed it last night as well, got the portal update this morning.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
bumping a question from earlier.

how many ppl have been accepted after being deferred? anyone know what the movement is like from the deferred list?

Last edited:

how many ppl have been accepted after being deferred? anyone know what the movement is like from the deferred list?

(also why don’t they just call this a waitlist if they aren’t re-reviewing and giving a decision to every single person they “deferred.” that’s not what deferred means lol)
Because they do rereview people and have been accepting people after their decision dates. I don't know exactly how many though.

I think this cycle, 2 or 3 ppl have posted that they have been accepted who were previously deferred, but keep in mind there are others who don’t use sdn. I think it’s more common to be accepted off the deferred list after April 30 because that’s when people have to start finalizing their decisions. But from the total class of Osu med students, half were previously deferred! So there’s good movement

I think this cycle, 2 or 3 ppl have posted that they have been accepted who were previously deferred, but keep in mind there are others who don’t use sdn. I think it’s more common to be accepted off the deferred list after April 30 because that’s when people have to start finalizing their decisions. But from the total class of Osu med students, half were previously deferred! So there’s good movement
That is exactly what my interviewer said. They said don't worry if you are deferred because it common and many students are then accepted after deferral. Also in my interview they said the current MS1 class has 90 students that were deferred first.

does anyone know if OSU accept letters of intent and if so how long should you wait to send those?

Interview Invite this morning!!! OSU has been my dream school since I decided I wanted to become a doctor, I could not be more excited! My date is the 22nd of March!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Interview Invite this morning!!! OSU has been my dream school since I decided I wanted to become a doctor, I could not be more excited! My date is the 22nd of March!
congrats! when were you complete?

congrats! when were you complete?
I do not know exactly, it was pretty early in the cycle. At this point I don't know if completion date really means anything though.

Are they still sending interview invites? also thoughts on sending pre-interview update letters/do they accept them?

Are they still sending interview invites? also thoughts on sending pre-interview update letters/do they accept them?
I’m not sure if they are still sending invites, but my interview is next week so I know they are still currently interviewing! In the portal there is spot that tells you where to email updates to and what to put in the subject line. I sent an update a few weeks before I got the II, so I’m not positive if it even had an effect but it can’t hurt to try and get yourself on their radar!

Reactions: 2 users