2020-2021 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II Wednesday!

LM 76, IS, reapplicant, complete 8/5. Scheduled for end of Feb. I sent a letter of interest and got the invite a week later.

P.S. There's still hope! I know a student here who didn't get an interview until March in 2019.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II Wednesday!

LM 76, IS, reapplicant, complete 8/5. Scheduled for end of Feb. I sent a letter of interest and got the invite a week later.

P.S. There's still hope! I know a student here who didn't get an interview until March in 2019.
Did you ever receive confirmation that they got your LOI? Congrats! Exciting to get an interview at such a wonderful program.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you ever receive confirmation that they got your LOI? Congrats! Exciting to get an interview at such a wonderful program.
No, I didn’t get any kind of confirmation. And thanks, it’s my dream school so I’m really pumped!

No, I didn’t get any kind of confirmation. And thanks, it’s my dream school so I’m really pumped!
Okay. I sent one this morning so good to know. Dream school for me too. It's a reach for me but I'll keep dreaming haha. Wishing you luck on your interview!

I sent an update letter a couple of weeks ago and they emailed me a confirmation that they received it. It was about 4 business days before I received that confirmation

I sent an update letter a couple of weeks ago and they emailed me a confirmation that they received it. It was about 4 business days before I received that confirmation
Oh no I sent an update a few months ago and never got confirmation. I hope it was still added to my file!

Members don't see this ad :)
II!! Oh my god i never thought this would happen for me this is my top school! IS, LM 71

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 20 users
Thank you! I just got a follow up (2 days later) saying they received it so peace of mind at least.

For everyone who sent LOIs, did you e-mail it directly to admissions? I can't find directions anywhere. Thanks!!

II this morning! In state, LM 70, and finished mid/late august. Scheduled early March

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II this morning. OOS complete in July, didn't send in an update.

Reactions: 4 users
When do you think they will stop sending IIs? Also, have they sent out any R's?

When do you think they will stop sending IIs? Also, have they sent out any R's?
No R’s yet I believe, they’ll either ghost you or defer you (post ii) for now. I think on previous years threads people got pre ii R’s in March and rejections post ii came like in May or June

No R’s yet I believe, they’ll either ghost you or defer you (post ii) for now. I think on previous years threads people got pre ii R’s in March and rejections post ii came like in May or June
Last year they completely ghosted me. No II, but no rejection ever came either

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted early today via the portal! OOS, interviewed 1/25. Super excited about this one!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats to those accepted!! Keep ‘em coming :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today after being placed on waitlist in December! :)

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Did they cal you or did your portal update? I was deferred 12/15 and Im praying maybe I’ll hear back in the next few weeks!
Both - received a call this morning and was told to check the portal for further instructions. Hoping all the best for you, friend!

Accepted today by portal and call. Interviewed 2/3

Reactions: 3 users
How much does sending a Letter of Intent improve your chances of getting in? I interviewed on 1/11 and got deferred so I'm considering sending an LOI but I'm a little hesitant and want to know if it'll actually help before I commit to it.

Anyone have any idea when Ohio State will be sending interview invites/ interviewing till... has anyone who’s interviewed already heard admissions saying anything about this during their session?

Reactions: 2 users
How much does sending a Letter of Intent improve your chances of getting in? I interviewed on 1/11 and got deferred so I'm considering sending an LOI but I'm a little hesitant and want to know if it'll actually help before I commit to it.
Interviewed and deferred in November and was wondering the same. I have been waiting until closer to April, but I have a few updates I want to inform them of as well

Oh wow. What a wild week for me. II this morning after being complete 9/16!!!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
II this morning for beginning of March! Had to rub my eyes twice because i didn't think it was real. OOS. LM 76. Complete end of October and OSU was the only reach school I applied to so I wasn't expecting to hear anything back. Anyone who wants to help me shake the disbelief and start preparing please lmk.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
I thought there was that one email that said financial aid would be out April 19? Does that not include scholarships?

It sounded like scholarships are independent of that, and came out on a rolling basis but I might be wrong

At my interview I remember them saying that the financial aid office will be meeting in March to decide on scholarships!
So if I'm interviewing in March, is it doomed?

Eh, if I'm being invited at the end, then I'm probably not on their priority list anyways. :rofl:

Have any accepted students from last week receive their email for matriculation requirements/trafficking rules yet?
I know I'm probably being impatient but just wondering!