2020-2021 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Omg I got a box full of goodies. So well timed I thought it was a bday present

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R just now. "We have concluded our interviews for the season"

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And there it is. Thus ceases me ever supporting OSU sports ever again.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Rejected on April Fools.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

• Care
Pre-II R. It was fun while it lasted!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Kinda blown away that OSU really decided to wait until April Fool's Day to reject a bunch of people they left hanging for MONTHS. Pretty lame. Oh well. Not my dream school. But still very uncool.

+1 pre-II R, OOS, complete 8/24

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
The anticipation for later this week is killing me :help:

Does everyone else have their FASFA already on the website?

anyone know if second look weekend has a dress code? I assume it is casual but I don't want to look like a bozo if it is not.

Reactions: 1 users
anyone know if second look weekend has a dress code? I assume it is casual but I don't want to look like a bozo if it is not.
I was planning on wearing causal clothes because I'll be at work so I'm hoping not...

I only have loans, is scholarship info available now?
I got a separate email about the scholarship. I only have loans posted right now, but according to the scholarship email, the scholarship amounts will be reflected on the website in June, I think

I got a separate email about the scholarship. I only have loans posted right now, but according to the scholarship email, the scholarship amounts will be reflected on the website in June, I think
how long did it take to get loan info? I just submitted the w2 and the tax return forms they requested.

Mine is, mainly loans, I was expecting more on the scholarships...
Mine only shows the direct sub loan...... D:
In one of the emails I received they said financial aid wouldnt be complete until the week of april 18th..so Im hoping that is still true

Will this Thursday be the last decision day?
I don’t believe so. Every two weeks until April 30th and then the deferred list turns into a waitlist. So there’s two more decision days the 8th this week and the 23rd. After that it becomes a waitlist that’s active until the first day of orientation with relatively high movement from past years. But who know with Covid this year. A lot of people holding multiple A’s but OSU is a really good program already.

edit: 22nd. The 23rd is a Friday

Last edited:
I'm rooting for all of you hearing back tomorrow!! You've got this!

I don't even know if I should bother checking today...

• Care
No change... see y'all on the 21st

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Still deferred. See y'all in two weeks.

• Care
No CYMS. O well guess I start studying for the MCAT again.

• Care
No change, part of the deferred gang since December.

• Care
No change, part of the deferred gang since December.

Don’t give up! I was on it since November and got accepted 2 weeks ago! Also, I think it’s better just to wait for a phone call instead of checking AMCAS or otherwise. I know personally I received a call from Dean Rankin, I hadn’t been checking anywhere- it just came out of the blue one morning! Best of luck!

Don’t give up! I was on it since November and got accepted 2 weeks ago! Also, I think it’s better just to wait for a phone call instead of checking AMCAS or otherwise. I know personally I received a call from Dean Rankin, I hadn’t been checking anywhere- it just came out of the blue one morning! Best of luck!
She called me at 5:30 am my time. "Sorry for the early call." I think I woke up at 9 am that morning. 😂

Reactions: 4 users
She called me at 5:30 am my time. "Sorry for the early call." I think I woke up at 9 am that morning. 😂
is it certain if you dont see a change to choose the med school that you were not accepted as you would think the schools know of this trick to find out prior to them telling you

is it certain if you dont see a change to choose the med school that you were not accepted as you would think the schools know of this trick to find out prior to them telling you
Yeah I'm not sure. I saw the day before and celebrated but I didn't truly believe it until the call came the next day. N=1 for me, but i also haven't seen anyone saying they got the call after not having it the day before.

I feel like other schools make calls before letting AAMC know so that applicants can't see ahead of time like this haha

OSU probably knows that we know. But, at the same time, they know SDN is a small <15% of the applicant/interviewee pool. Thus, they don't care that a small subset know an early 1-day hint.

Yeah I'm not sure. I saw the day before and celebrated but I didn't truly believe it until the call came the next day. N=1 for me, but i also haven't seen anyone saying they got the call after not having it the day before.
Don’t give me hope bigschmidtz I’ve just came to terms with restudying 🥲

So it’s a call not an email? What time did y’all hear? 5:30am which time zone?

Just got the acceptance call! I interviewed on 3/31