-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Ohio State
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It was around 2-3pm if I remember correctly. Good luck!!!!What time did CYMS end up updating two weeks ago? Anxiously waiting today!
BigSchmidtz
Full Member
Mine appeared around 2:45What time did CYMS end up updating two weeks ago? Anxiously waiting today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EaglePutt3
Full Member
My AMCAS CYMS Just updated!!! Yeet
Cr.collins1
Full Member
No CYMS. O well guess I start studying for the MCAT again.
No change, part of the deferred gang since December.
nevergonnagiveyouup
Full Member
No change, part of the deferred gang since December.
Don’t give up! I was on it since November and got accepted 2 weeks ago! Also, I think it’s better just to wait for a phone call instead of checking AMCAS or otherwise. I know personally I received a call from Dean Rankin, I hadn’t been checking anywhere- it just came out of the blue one morning! Best of luck!
BigSchmidtz
Full Member
She called me at 5:30 am my time. "Sorry for the early call." I think I woke up at 9 am that morning. 😂Don’t give up! I was on it since November and got accepted 2 weeks ago! Also, I think it’s better just to wait for a phone call instead of checking AMCAS or otherwise. I know personally I received a call from Dean Rankin, I hadn’t been checking anywhere- it just came out of the blue one morning! Best of luck!
is it certain if you dont see a change to choose the med school that you were not accepted as you would think the schools know of this trick to find out prior to them telling youShe called me at 5:30 am my time. "Sorry for the early call." I think I woke up at 9 am that morning. 😂
BigSchmidtz
Full Member
Yeah I'm not sure. I saw the day before and celebrated but I didn't truly believe it until the call came the next day. N=1 for me, but i also haven't seen anyone saying they got the call after not having it the day before.is it certain if you dont see a change to choose the med school that you were not accepted as you would think the schools know of this trick to find out prior to them telling you
I feel like other schools make calls before letting AAMC know so that applicants can't see ahead of time like this hahais it certain if you dont see a change to choose the med school that you were not accepted as you would think the schools know of this trick to find out prior to them telling you
Cr.collins1
Full Member
Don’t give me hope bigschmidtz I’ve just came to terms with restudying 🥲Yeah I'm not sure. I saw the day before and celebrated but I didn't truly believe it until the call came the next day. N=1 for me, but i also haven't seen anyone saying they got the call after not having it the day before.
mcdreamy01
Full Member
So it’s a call not an email? What time did y’all hear? 5:30am which time zone?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should be on vitals alreadySo it’s a call not an email? What time did y’all hear? 5:30am which time zone?
D
deleted649998
Just got the acceptance call! I interviewed on 3/31
mcdreamy01
Full Member
Just got the call!!!! Woo!!!!!
Anyone receive their FA package yet? I submitted my citizenship document 2 weeks ago (the only thing on to-do list) but have not heard anything.
I got mine Monday, I only remember submitting FAFSA thoughAnyone receive their FA package yet? I submitted my citizenship document 2 weeks ago (the only thing on to-do list) but have not heard anything.
mcdreamy01
Full Member
Does anyone know if virtual second look day is being recorded?
lanadelgay124
Full Member
Does anyone know if we're supposed to receive a zoom link for second look, or is this meant to be accessed through a different link?
On the registration page for second look I see a button for "Click here to start the Program"Does anyone know if we're supposed to receive a zoom link for second look, or is this meant to be accessed through a different link?
lanadelgay124
Full Member
Perfect! I just got the email, too!On the registration page for second look I see a button for "Click here to start the Program"
I'll see you there, fellow Michigander 😉Perfect! I just got the email, too!
Can people attending the declaring in state residency and research sessions take notes? I'm going to global health, residency, and living in Columbus sessions and will take notes for sharing!
lanadelgay124
Full Member
Discreetly infiltrating the Buckeyes 😏I'll see you there, fellow Michigander 😉
I gotchu, I'm going to those two!Can people attending the declaring in state residency and research sessions take notes? I'm going to global health, residency, and living in Columbus sessions and will take notes for sharing!
BigSchmidtz
Full Member
I'm going to be passively listening while I'm doing lab experiments. So I don't think my notes will be very good... But if y'all would be willing to share with me i would really appreciate it!I gotchu, I'm going to those two!
Is the event not starting for anyone? Am I at the right place lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was refreshing this page for the same reason lol but yes for me too, it just says "this event hasn't started yet"Is the event not starting for anyone? Am I at the right place lol
Edit: I wish they'd open whatevre that chat is at the bottom right lol
lanadelgay124
Full Member
Def just here waitingIs the event not starting for anyone? Am I at the right place lol
Based on my experience with OSU, Cincinnati, and Toledo, I declare that Ohio med schools are not tech-savy
anythingmatcha
Full Member
Is there any audio for you guys? It looks like they're muted... unless it's just me
not working for meIs there any audio for you guys?
BigSchmidtz
Full Member
I can't unmute it either. And then I tried to log back in and can't.Is there any audio for you guys?
Yeah, make sure you unmute at the bottom rightIs there any audio for you guys?
Remember to unmute your screen! Click the screen where they're talking (volume bar at bottom right)Is there any audio for you guys? It looks like they're muted... unless it's just me
anythingmatcha
Full Member
I tried but it's still not working. Is there a way to contact them? Kinda wish they just used Zoom. Plus the chat is disabledRemember to unmute your screen! Click the screen where they're talking (volume bar at bottom right)
Call admissions!! (614) 292-7137I tried but it's still not working. Is there a way to contact them? Kinda wish they just used Zoom. Plus the chat is disabled
BigSchmidtz
Full Member
Yeah I'm on mobile. That could be the issue? Anyone on mobile have audio?I tried but it's still not working. Is there a way to contact them? Kinda wish they just used Zoom. Plus the chat is disabled
Yeah I'm on PC and it works. Mobile may be the issue.
anythingmatcha
Full Member
No I'm on my laptop. Also, I can't make international calls right nowYeah I'm on mobile. That could be the issue? Anyone on mobile have audio?
Will they be sending out a recording?
I'm also on PC. They haven't mentioned anything about recording but you could email? ([email protected]). I tried calling for you but was sent straight to voicemail :'(
BigSchmidtz
Full Member
Same issue with voicemail. Funny thing was before it started it allowed me to unmute by tapping the video. Then once it started it didn't work at all. Dang.I'm also on PC. They haven't mentioned anything about recording but you could email? ([email protected]). I tried calling for you but was sent straight to voicemail :'(
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anythingmatcha
Full Member
I also saw an unmute button at the bottom right initially.. but not anymore. I'm on a Mac, and there's an unmute button up top but nothing happens when I click itSame issue with voicemail. Funny thing was before it started it allowed me to unmute by tapping the video. Then once it started it didn't work at all. Dang.
anythingmatcha
Full Member
Thanks so much for trying!I'm also on PC. They haven't mentioned anything about recording but you could email? ([email protected]). I tried calling for you but was sent straight to voicemail :'(
D
deleted649998
I was having issues adjusting the volume to unmute too but it worked after I maximized the screen. Maybe that'll work for you?Same issue with voicemail. Funny thing was before it started it allowed me to unmute by tapping the video. Then once it started it didn't work at all. Dang.
BigSchmidtz
Full Member
I feel like I've tried everything. Desktop mode, regular. Full screen. Minimized. Every screen rotation. Nothing.I was having issues adjusting the volume to unmute too but it worked after I maximized the screen. Maybe that'll work for you?
I emailed asking if the recording will be released to watch later.
anythingmatcha
Full Member
WAIT it's working now!