2020-2021 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Statement yes, CV after (I was all confused bc it didn't show up as required on the portal)
thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
@Snaketail @scineurd @jjame

Hello fellow MSTP applicants (& any others in this thread that I may have missed!)

I have two questions I was hoping you could answer for me:

I received an email this morning asking me to indicate if I am interested in the MD-only program or PhD-only program if I am rejected from MSTP. Did you all receive this today as well?

The email also said that my transcripts must be submitted before an interview offer can be considered. Did you all send your transcripts before or after your II?

Thank you!
Agree with @jjame! Get all that info in ASAP!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When I submitted my secondary, the site crashed on me. I got a confirmation email of my payment, but when I go to my portal, my app is still there under "In-Progress Applications" and I can still edit it and resubmit/repay if I wanted to. I'm not going to resubmit/repay, but I'm wondering if my application is actually submitted. Did this happen to anyone else??

Have you had any luck getting this figured out? I am dealing with the same situation. I have reached out to the office of admissions but have not heard back yet.

To those who have submitted secondaries, have you been able to go back and access your secondary app on the portal? I haven't been able to access mine so I'm not sure if I'm just dumb, or they really just don't let you look at it after submitting.

To those who have submitted secondaries, have you been able to go back and access your secondary app on the portal? I haven't been able to access mine so I'm not sure if I'm just dumb, or they really just don't let you look at it after submitting.

Yeah, there's no way to go back and see your app after you've submitted it.

Have you had any luck getting this figured out? I am dealing with the same situation. I have reached out to the office of admissions but have not heard back yet.

I ended up emailing the admissions office and they told me to resubmit/repay and if I provided the receipts for the duplicate payment I would be reimbursed. They emailed me back pretty quickly (I think I emailed them Friday night and they got back to me Monday morning).

Guys I got an email to create a my.osu.edu email after submitting the secondary. But when I log in, there is nothing there. Is there another email I should expect for vitals? I wanna check the status of my app.

When did you submit your secondary? I got my vitals email several days after I submitted, it's a separate email that clearly has a link to Vitals.

Guys I got an email to create a my.osu.edu email after submitting the secondary. But when I log in, there is nothing there. Is there another email I should expect for vitals? I wanna check the status of my app.
If you are reapplying to OSU, I think you just use your VITA account from last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning IS and LM 78, complete 8/1

Reactions: 3 users
Woke up to an II for the PCT program here. Super surprised/excited about this one :D stats in bio, OOS

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I just applied and sent in my II today and got an email to set up an account. Did everyone else get that email? Thanks.

I just applied and sent in my II today and got an email to set up an account. Did everyone else get that email? Thanks.

I got what looked like a generic “don’t forget to set up your OSU account” email. That what you’re talking about?

II! OOS, URM, complete in late August, so excited!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
For those who have received II, in the portals where it asks us to email where they ask us to send a photo of ourselves and may include updates, do you think it would be ok to send updates later, but to still send the photo now? I am working on a research poster, but it's not ready to send in yet, but i don't want to wait to send in the photo since that was explicitly asked for.

For those who have received II, in the portals where it asks us to email where they ask us to send a photo of ourselves and may include updates, do you think it would be ok to send updates later, but to still send the photo now? I am working on a research poster, but it's not ready to send in yet, but i don't want to wait to send in the photo since that was explicitly asked for.
I only sent the photo for now. I did not have any huge updates since most of my EC activities outside of school are not happening right now. I think you would be good to send an update later!

No you will get an email directly from Vitals once they create your account
Do you know how long did it takes to get the emails from Vitals? I've been receiving a lot of emails to set up an Ohio State account, etc., but nothing from Vitals. How long did it for you to receive it? Thank you!

Do you know how long did it takes to get the emails from Vitals? I've been receiving a lot of emails to set up an Ohio State account, etc., but nothing from Vitals. How long did it for you to receive it? Thank you!

I think it took about a week for me to get a Vitals set-up link and info. Have you checked your spam folder?

I think it took about a week for me to get a Vitals set-up link and info. Have you checked your spam folder?
I got the vitals email the next day after I submitted the secondary, but the secondary confirmation email says the vitals email should arrive within three business days after your secondary is received; if it's not in the inbox, they suggest checking the spam/junk folder!

Did people who got an II just send a linkedin style headshot? Not sure why I am nervous about this small task but I am :unsure:

The photo is just something that they will upload to your application file so they put a face to who they are reviewing. Definitely submit the photo before your interview. You can absolutely send updates at any time, and I encourage you to do so! When I applied I sent two updates after my interview and I think they might've helped me in getting an acceptance!

Did people who got an II just send a linkedin style headshot? Not sure why I am nervous about this small task but I am :unsure:
Make it a professional headshot yes, but it is nothing to stress over! They are only using it as a photo for your application file.

anyone know how long it takes to hear back post interview?

it should be a good idea to lean Republican during interviews in midwestern states right?

• Haha
interview coming up this week
stats: 3.6 GPA, computer science, African American and a few other ethnicities (won't give it all away due to privacy)

ohio is staying red this year, right?!

Ohio has always been a very Purple state. The blue is generally concentrated to Columbus and Cleveland and the red everywhere else, including Cincinnati. However, even in those red areas is lots of blue. And when you get down to it, the majority of us are somewhere in between. I've lived here for ten years and came from Washington State. Believe it or not, Washington is VERY similar. You just don't hear it talked about in the same way on the media.

it should be a good idea to lean Republican during interviews in midwestern states right?
I would try to stray from politics unless it’s like “is covid real?” “Yes” which unfortunately shouldn’t be political in the first place

Reactions: 6 users
M2 here @tosu from OOS. Just a friendly warning: getting in-state tuition is NOT easy. On my interview day, I was told a number close to 98% get it if you do everything right, which is just a lie. Much closer to 40-60%. If I had known this at the time, I would not have chosen this program. Good luck to all! Interviews here were a breeze.

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users