2020-2021 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was in Jan, I recall.

Man...I’m pretty much wait-listed at all of my schools. My record isn’t ultra potent, so I’m worried about my chances -_-.
again... same. Loved this school the most though... hoping we still have a chance!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I’m interviewing on Thursday. Any tips?

Reactions: 1 user
I’m interviewing on Thursday. Any tips?

It's a pretty lax interview - the first person asks scenarios and the second person went over your record.

...for my interview, at least.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I'm interviewing on Thursday too. Honestly, I'm nervous about the group session...

Hey I was accepted a couple months back and I didn't speak at all during the group session. There were like 30 people in my group and we had to answer a question that really didn't need a complicated answer. Everyone was just repeating what others were saying. Try to get a word in but consider it more of an icebreaker than a make or break part of your interview. Don't stress you're going to do great!

Hey I was accepted a couple months back and I didn't speak at all during the group session. There were like 30 people in my group and we had to answer a question that really didn't need a complicated answer. Everyone was just repeating what others were saying. Try to get a word in but consider it more of an icebreaker than a make or break part of your interview. Don't stress you're going to do great!
Thank you so much for this! I was scared because I was like, how am I going to stand out when like 20 other people are talking but I don’t wanna be rude and talk over them xD!

Amazing interview experience today! Love PNWU. Crossing my fingers on future open spots.

hey anyone find PNWU 2021 match list yet?
Match is this week so it won't be out yet. Then you have anyone who needed to SOAP, etc. I'm sure once they have the final data it will be posted.

Match is this week so it won't be out yet. Then you have anyone who needed to SOAP, etc. I'm sure once they have the final data it will be posted.
Match Day was today. People who had to SOAP found out yesterday whether they were able to match.

I doubt the university will have an official list posted for a while. I've been looking through social media and haven't seen anything individual posted yet. But, admittedly, I do not frequent many social media sites.

Overall DO Seniors match this year was just over 89%. When all of the data are compiled in the full report it will be interesting to pour over to see just why every category matched so low. Was it just COVID? Was it too many programs ranking their own students? It's too soon to tell and all speculation at this point.

Best of luck to the PNWU Class of 2021! I hope they all ended up at their preferred residencies.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Match Day was today. People who had to SOAP found out yesterday whether they were able to match.

I doubt the university will have an official list posted for a while. I've been looking through social media and haven't seen anything individual posted yet. But, admittedly, I do not frequent many social media sites.

Overall DO Seniors match this year was just over 89%. When all of the data are compiled in the full report it will be interesting to pour over to see just why every category matched so low. Was it just COVID? Was it too many programs ranking their own students? It's too soon to tell and all speculation at this point.

Best of luck to the PNWU Class of 2021! I hope they all ended up at their preferred residencies.
Other DO programs I am following posted their MATCH results thats why I asked, so im sure it will be out soon! Yeah that is very interesting thanks for the info! And congrats to all :)

I am scheduled for an upcoming interview but I know the class is already full. Do y'all think it's still worth attending that interview? I am waitlisted at two other schools and don't have a Casper score released to schools yet. I really love the school but I'm worried I don't have a chance now.

I am scheduled for an upcoming interview but I know the class is already full. Do y'all think it's still worth attending that interview? I am waitlisted at two other schools and don't have a Casper score released to schools yet. I really love the school but I'm worried I don't have a chance now.
Do you know if you can submit casper before you interview? If you already love the school even before interviewing then I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't interview given the chance! Might as well.. nothing to lose at this point and you'll never know unless you try!

Do you know if you can submit casper before you interview? If you already love the school even before interviewing then I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you didn't interview given the chance! Might as well.. nothing to lose at this point and you'll never know unless you try!
Thanks for your reply. My casper test is next week :( this is why I'm hesitant about interviewing even though I love the school.

Yes I think you should go for it! You have a chance, people will be with-drawling their acceptances around this time. Don't lose hope

You’ve come so far! Congrats on getting an interview invite. You should definitely attend regardless! :)

For those who interviewed on the 18th, when are we expecting to know if we made it onto the waitlist?

For those who interviewed on the 18th, when are we expecting to know if we made it onto the waitlist?
Not sure. But looking at the past convos, I saw that they got the notifications around 1.5-2 weeks :) someone can correct me if I’m wrong

Hello, ive heard of the "classic" 21 questions that they ask in the interview feedback page but I'm not sure where I can find these classics

Hello, ive heard of the "classic" 21 questions that they ask in the interview feedback page but I'm not sure where I can find these classics
Basically just review whatever there is available on the interview feedback page! A lot of the Qs will be similar to those if not on there. It’ll help you identify some main ideas for your responses.

• Care
Hi! I have been accepted into their MAMS program and can’t really find any info on it from other students, would anyone be able to give me some insight or guidance?
Hi! How long did it take you to hear back from the MAMS program? Was there an interview process? Did you apply to the PNWU MAMS or the Heritage MAMS? On postbacCas, it lists the two MAMS program as separate programs so I’m a bit confused. Thanks so much in advance!

Anyone also interview today? How did it go for you?

Anyone also interview today? How did it go for you?
I interviewed today! I was really impressed with how laidback the interviews felt. The group session was very informal; I think our discussion was really productive and not just people speaking to have their voices heard. I really enjoyed hearing the various perspectives on the presented question. Both individual interviews felt more like a conversation where both sides were sharing stories, etc. I think the school is really impressive (especially compared to a few other DO schools that I interviewed at), and I am eager to hear back whether I made the top 30.

I interviewed today! I was really impressed with how laidback the interviews felt. The group session was very informal; I think our discussion was really productive and not just people speaking to have their voices heard. I really enjoyed hearing the various perspectives on the presented question. Both individual interviews felt more like a conversation where both sides were sharing stories, etc. I think the school is really impressive (especially compared to a few other DO schools that I interviewed at), and I am eager to hear back whether I made the top 30.
I'm glad you had a good interview! Maybe we were in the same group discussion :) I agree that the group discussion was one of the highlights; I would enjoy doing something similarly as med students and colleagues. Yes, the interviews were laidback, although I'm not sure I connected with one of my interviewers, so we will see (but that's probably just luck of the draw). Good luck!

I’m not sure anybody can answer this question here, but how likely is it to get into this school from the WL...if you’re not one of the Top 30?

I’m sure there are a lot of qualified applicants to this school that were put on the WL...which means there is probably a lot more than 30 on the WL overall.

• Care
  • Hmm
I’m not sure anybody can answer this question here, but how likely is it to get into this school from the WL...if you’re not one of the Top 30?

I’m sure there are a lot of qualified applicants to this school that were put on the WL...which means there is probably a lot more than 30 on the WL overall.

Dunno but I’m wondering the same. Been waitlisted since November.

Don't quote me on this, but from what I heard last year there was around 50 offers sent to waitlist. The year before that it seems like all top 30 got accepted (from reading the sdn form). My theory is that we will see a lot of movement this year (hopefully) due to the fact that students can go to all their Interviews since they are online.

Don't quote me on this, but from what I heard last year there was around 50 offers sent to waitlist. The year before that it seems like all top 30 got accepted (from reading the sdn form). My theory is that we will see a lot of movement this year (hopefully) due to the fact that students can go to all their Interviews since they are online.
Wait...only 50? That seems like a pretty limited waitlist.

...so are the others either an A or a post-II R then?

I pray for an aggressive WL movement as well since the expenses for interviews this year were very low - a camera and half-decent Internet.

That is cheap when compared to a plane-flight, some wheels and lodging.

Wait...only 50? That seems like a pretty limited waitlist.

...so are the others either an A or a post-II R then?
Sorry meant 50 people got accepted off of the waitlist (according to my friend that got accepted last year) and yes hopefully there is an aggressive movement

Sorry meant 50 people got accepted off of the waitlist (according to my friend that got accepted last year) and yes hopefully there is an aggressive movement

Oh.

Man...I’m just plain concerned. My record isn’t the strongest - not really top tier in numbers. I’m not even sure my interview was that remarkable, so that overly concerns me in my placement.

Heck! I was even surprised to get an interview since I’m OOS.

• Care
Oh.

Man...I’m just plain concerned. My record isn’t the strongest - not really top tier in numbers. I’m not even sure my interview was that remarkable, so that overly concerns me in my placement.

Heck! I was even surprised to get an interview since I’m OOS.
Don't put yourself down, if they invited you for an interview, especially as an OOS it means that they saw potential in you!!

Don't put yourself down, if they invited you for an interview, especially as an OOS it means that they saw potential in you!!
I hope I didn’t dash that potential then with my interview.

Thanks for the earlier info!

Has anyone asked for feedback on your application? I spoke to someone and feel the advice was a little off.

Has anyone asked for feedback on your application? I spoke to someone and feel the advice was a little off.
I did. It was pretty generic, in my opinion.

We pretty much just have to wait till they do the Top 30 WL pulls, though they did say that they’re always checking the WL.

Also, they seem to not care for letters of intent because they assume that you want to attend the school due to an application.

Any current students looking to transfer their 1 bed room apartment lease at University Parkway Apartments? Apparently the waitlist is 4-6 months! I’d appreciate if you reached out!

Any current students looking to transfer their 1 bed room apartment lease at University Parkway Apartments? Apparently the waitlist is 4-6 months! I’d appreciate if you reached out!
There is a Facebook page for newly accepted students, and current students are starting to post about housing. If you're accepted, PNWU class of 2025 is the Facebook group, and you can request to join. Once admitted, you'll be able to see the housing posts. :) The waitlist also tends to thin out quite a bit as 2nd/3rd/4th years move out for rotations/residency, so don't worry too much about that!

Reactions: 2 users
Today’s the day fellow 3/18 interviewers! sending all the good vibes all around~

What do you mean by this? I interviewed 3/25

Previous interviewers heard back around 2 weeks post inter view earliest would be the Wednesday before. So that’s today for those who interviewed on 3/18. You should hear back next week!

Last edited:
Previous interviewers heard back around 2 weeks post interview, earliest would be the Wednesday before. So that’s today for those who interviewed on 3/18. You should hear back next week!
I'm guessing they don't call us for waitlist news. Is it just going to show up in our portal then or are we expecting an email? Sigh. This cycle is starting to weigh heavy.

What do you mean by this? I interviewed 3/25
I think decisions are coming out for this group.

...though aren’t the classes full already?I’m mostly wondering about WL movement o_O

I'm guessing they don't call us for waitlist news. Is it just going to show up in our portal then or are we expecting an email? Sigh. This cycle is starting to weigh heavy.
You’ll get an email.

-am on WL since Jan

I think decisions are coming out for this group.

...though aren’t the classes full already?I’m mostly wondering about WL movement o_O
As of 02/23, yep, the class was full and all seats were offered at that time. “You may only receive a wait list offer at this time”. Trying to hold faith on that italics lol who knows. A lot can happen in a month, hoping for some movement and room for all of us!

Last edited: