2020-2021 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any thoughts on sending an update letter post interview? I interviewed 9/10 but haven't heard back yet and Rochester is one of my if not my top choice.
If you have a significant update, then please do send it to them.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can I send an update here prior to getting an interview? I haven't gotten an interview or anything yet, but I've gotten a new job and have a particular interest in a program the med school offers.

Can I send an update here prior to getting an interview? I haven't gotten an interview or anything yet, but I've gotten a new job and have a particular interest in a program the med school offers.
I did that back in Sept and got an II a few days after sending it - YMMV but it seems like it doesn't hurt

II today! 3.81, 4.0, 523, OOS, ORM. Complete late July. Available dates mid Jan thru Feb.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
II today! 3.81, 4.0, 523, OOS, ORM. Complete late July. Available dates mid Jan thru Feb.
Congrats. And you are awesome. You know exactly what all stats others are looking for. Good luck with your interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we know when we can expect decisions post II?

During the interview they said 6-8 weeks, and I ended up receiving a decision just over 6 weeks post-interview :)

Cool thanks! I’m closing in on 8 weeks so getting kinda anxious now lol

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I feel like I'm stuck in a vicious cycle of:
  • Maybe they're just behind on admissions decisions
  • Maybe people got in but just aren't posting here
  • Did I miss the phone call?
  • Nah I probably got rejected

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Waitlisted for MSTP :\ interview date 9/17-18 . Anyone know how much movement there is?

• Care
are people uploading thank you letters to the applicant portal or just emailing the admissions office? most schools have a specific "thank you" option in the document upload but rochester doesn't so i was curious what people were doing

are people uploading thank you letters to the applicant portal or just emailing the admissions office? most schools have a specific "thank you" option in the document upload but rochester doesn't so i was curious what people were doing
I think in the portal there was info for specific contact (email addresses) of our interviewers, and I just emailed them directly!

Interviewed on 9/16 and am considering sending in an update letter. Does anybody think it's worth it to do so? Or should I just wait since decisions are (hopefully) right around the corner?

Just got the acceptance email!! My first A of this cycle!! 9/16 interviewer

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Accepted via email as well today at 2pm!!! 9/23 interviewer!!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
PSA: Anyone who has already accepted the offer letter, there was a glitch and you MAY HAVE TO LOG IN AND ACCEPT IT AGAIN!!! I had to do that just now.

PSA: Anyone who has already accepted the offer letter, there was a glitch and you MAY HAVE TO LOG IN AND ACCEPT IT AGAIN!!! I had to do that just now.
Just came here to post this ^^^

WL interviewed 9/16. Third post-II waitlist smh.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
WL interviewed 10/1

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how many they take off the WL? I would check MSAR but my subscription expired and I'm hoping i won't need to buy it again (fingers crossed!). Anyone still have an active subscription?