2020-2021 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can I send an update here prior to getting an interview? I haven't gotten an interview or anything yet, but I've gotten a new job and have a particular interest in a program the med school offers.
 
Can I send an update here prior to getting an interview? I haven't gotten an interview or anything yet, but I've gotten a new job and have a particular interest in a program the med school offers.
I did that back in Sept and got an II a few days after sending it - YMMV but it seems like it doesn't hurt
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are people uploading thank you letters to the applicant portal or just emailing the admissions office? most schools have a specific "thank you" option in the document upload but rochester doesn't so i was curious what people were doing
 
are people uploading thank you letters to the applicant portal or just emailing the admissions office? most schools have a specific "thank you" option in the document upload but rochester doesn't so i was curious what people were doing
I think in the portal there was info for specific contact (email addresses) of our interviewers, and I just emailed them directly!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed on 9/16 and am considering sending in an update letter. Does anybody think it's worth it to do so? Or should I just wait since decisions are (hopefully) right around the corner?
 
PSA: Anyone who has already accepted the offer letter, there was a glitch and you MAY HAVE TO LOG IN AND ACCEPT IT AGAIN!!! I had to do that just now.
 
Does anyone know how many they take off the WL? I would check MSAR but my subscription expired and I'm hoping i won't need to buy it again (fingers crossed!). Anyone still have an active subscription?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone here an international applicant? I know the seats are super limited for internationals, so I just want to know whether I can still be hopeful for this cycle
 
Is anyone here an international applicant? I know the seats are super limited for internationals, so I just want to know whether I can still be hopeful for this cycle
I am! I think there's actually only one seat available for international students (through the Levitan scholarship), so it's definitely a long shot. I still haven't heard anything for Rochester, so I have no idea where they are in the process. I hope this cycle works out for us international students 🙂