-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Rochester
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
MSAR says how many students are accepted off the WL??!!!!?!?!?! Where?!?!?!?!30/350 is what MSAR says, but that is in a "typical" cycle. Who knows what's gonna happen this cycle?
irondrawer
Full Member
Any post-interview applicants here ever been to one of the Pop-up Cafes? If yes, how are they?
I've been to 2 of them so far and I think they are pretty informative! I pick which ones I go to based on what the 2 topics for the day are (topics are in the email pdf they send). It's best if you have specific questions for the students but also nice to just sit in and listen to all the new information. It's super informative, informal, and the students are really friendly. I would definitely recommend them!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MSAR says how many students are accepted off the WL??!!!!?!?!?! Where?!?!?!?!
wow im gonna have to abuse this discovery now. thank you! 😀
May be this info is not disclosed by all schoolswow im gonna have to abuse this discovery now. thank you! 😀
Are you guys former students at Rochester? Just curious!I am! I think there's actually only one seat available for international students (through the Levitan scholarship), so it's definitely a long shot. I still haven't heard anything for Rochester, so I have no idea where they are in the process. I hope this cycle works out for us international students 🙂
Awesome! Thanks for responding! I'll check it outI've been to 2 of them so far and I think they are pretty informative! I pick which ones I go to based on what the 2 topics for the day are (topics are in the email pdf they send). It's best if you have specific questions for the students but also nice to just sit in and listen to all the new information. It's super informative, informal, and the students are really friendly. I would definitely recommend them!
I am not.Are you guys former students at Rochester? Just curious!
II received today. Accidentally submitted the secondary 5 weeks after getting it mid to late july
I just realized that MSAR has waitlist information... lol.
+1 II
OOS, complete ~8/20, ~3.9, 522
OOS, complete ~8/20, ~3.9, 522
yes I am!Are you guys former students at Rochester? Just curious!
Posting late but accepted! No phone call but got the email 11/5, interviewed 9/23
I've been to two pop-up cafes, the students are always super nice but the time/topics covered are too brief and I usually have to leave. I'm planning on just emailing some current students. It's so nice that as soon as you get an II they provide you a whole list of students to contact 🙂
I've been to two pop-up cafes, the students are always super nice but the time/topics covered are too brief and I usually have to leave. I'm planning on just emailing some current students. It's so nice that as soon as you get an II they provide you a whole list of students to contact 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
R just now :/. Good luck to everyone that's still in the game!
+1 :/ Good luck everyone!rejected just now complete 8/4
Rejected now complete October
R. Complete sometime in July.
R, complete late July
hopefuldoc21
Full Member
R, complete mid August. Good luck y’all!
D
deleted765993
What a sweet rejection email 🙁, complete early August.
Damn, I was complete first couple days of Sept and have had total silence.
DorianDinosaur
Full Member
R, complete mid-July
+1 🙁R, complete mid-July
astrocyte1999
Full Member
Anyone complete mid-july and still has not heard back?
ButWhyThough
New Member
R complete mid aug
D
deleted785419
Did ppl who got Rs also get that “still in review” email in October?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wpneuro
Full Member
Oop got that R as well for their MD/PhD! Complete 7/30, stats in signature. Best of luck to y'all!
I didn't, but then again I'm not sure whether MD/PhD admissions are run separately...Did ppl who got Rs also get that “still in review” email in October?
Nope..I wonder if the 1 spot is already filled lolHave any international students heard anything?
Me. I can feel my R coming lolAnyone complete mid-july and still has not heard back?
bagoftrailmix
Full Member
Pre-II R, OOS, LM 81
D
deleted1060270
Pre-II R today. Complete 8/2.
D
deleted1059660
Pre-II R. Complete 7/27.
doingmybest10
Full Member
Anyone who interviewed the week of Oct 15th think we might hear back soonish/ what has their average time been? I know they said 6-8 weeks but it feels so long haha
Anyone who interviewed the week of Oct 15th think we might hear back soonish/ what has their average time been? I know they said 6-8 weeks but it feels so long haha
Interviewed 10/17, WL 11/5Anyone who interviewed on 9/30 hear back yet? It’s getting to the 8th week mark..
wegotthis20201234
Full Member
I submitted my initial Rochester app on 8/12 and wasn't complete until 10/13 (after MCAT score received) - I still haven't gotten an R or an invite to complete a secondary? Do you think that's indicative of a silent rejection?
I donot think Rochester screens pre-secondary. I suggest emailing or calling them first thing Monday morning. Even if their secondary invite got stuck on your spam, most likely been auto-deleted by now.I submitted my initial Rochester app on 8/12 and wasn't complete until 10/13 (after MCAT score received) - I still haven't gotten an R or an invite to complete a secondary? Do you think that's indicative of a silent rejection?
wegotthis20201234
Full Member
I heard that they send you actual secondary questions once they screen you for a potential interviewI donot think Rochester screens pre-secondary. I suggest emailing or calling them first thing Monday morning. Even if their secondary invite got stuck on your spam, most likely been auto-deleted by now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rochester does not have any secondary essays. They have essays only before interview. As far as I know and based on my timelines, there was no screening pre-secondary. Strongly recommend you calling them Monday morning.I heard that they send you actual secondary questions once they screen you for a potential interview
doingmybest10
Full Member
thank you!!Interviewed 10/17, WL 11/5
Zulka
Full Member
Nope!has anyone who received one of those "we haven't forgotten about you!" emails heard any news?
has anyone who received one of those "we haven't forgotten about you!" emails heard any news?
I got one of the emails and a few weeks later got a II!
Edit: and by a few weeks I mean ten days, because time is meaningless to my brain
Last edited:
Do you remember around when you received the “still under review” email?
Looking at my communications page on the portal, apparently I got it 10/18 and got the II 10 days later. Earliest dates at that point were in January
Similar threads
- Replies
- 756
- Views
- 227K