2020-2021 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

LM 76. I am the from the West Coast though so I strongly think they might be ready to send the R lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I have never dissected an email to this extent but according to the interview tracker and the posts, adcoms are roughly around early-mid August now with some recent interviews still going out to late July. @Jetcat I’m now gonna agree with you

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Who gets the email and who doesn't seems super weird.... I was complete 8/4 and did not receive the email

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In that case, I am optimistic that they actually haven’t reviewed them all. To be on the safe side, I’m going to call the office tmw and will get back to this.

Reactions: 12 users
Complete 9/23 and I received the 'Application Still Under Review' email today (at 1:12 PM). :)

Just checked my portal and realized I failed to press submit on my secondary back in July- should I email admissions to let them know I'm very interested? Fee was paid and everything :( Actually cannot believe I did that, Rochester is one of my top schools

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just checked my portal and realized I failed to press submit on my secondary back in July- should I email admissions to let them know I'm very interested? Fee was paid and everything :( Actually cannot believe I did that, Rochester is one of my top schools
Literallt same thing happened to me. I paid on July 13 but forgot to check the box to send my Casper so was complete August 28

I was complete first couple days of Sept and got the same email today. relieved to hear from them and not really going to read into it yet.

Literallt same thing happened to me. I paid on July 13 but forgot to check the box to send my Casper so was complete August 28
Did you let admissions know? I guess late August is much sooner than mid October tho.

I have not received any sort of email, did my interview with them on 9/23. Is this email only for non-IIs? Does it have any information regarding a decision date? If I read correctly, last year's cycle got As around now, so hoping to hear back from them sooner than later. Rochester is one of my favorites!

Reactions: 3 users
We are in the clear! Email applies to both those not reviewed yet and those currently under review as of the weekend.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the email - but wondering what my chances are cuz it seems a lot of ii have already gone out?

Yup, I asked if they could elaborate on the email and they told me it was genuinely an email that hinted they have not got to those or that they are still under review. I'm a bit comforted but still neurotic nonetheless lol.

Did anyone else receive popup cafes email?

Should we be reading into the popup cafe email, or was it sent to all?

Should we be reading into the popup cafe email, or was it sent to all?
i think sent to all who interviewed! I went to one last night and the students were explicit to mention they had no affiliation with admissions/ no admissions people were there

Last edited:
Why do schools do this? On a day when we are expecting decisions, they send a "attend these webinars" email!!!

• Care
I have never dissected an email to this extent but according to the interview tracker and the posts, adcoms are roughly around early-mid August now with some recent interviews still going out to late July. @Jetcat I’m now gonna agree with you
Adcoms in general or for this school specifically?

Didn't receive the popup cafe email - is it a webinar / info session? Can someone share the link?

Tomorrow is 6 weeks from the first interview date (I’m pretty sure?)!! I think this thread should be getting some news soon :)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
For "Please describe what sets you apart from other applicants.", did people treat this as a diversity prompt/just slap on their diversity essay? Im kinda done with writing new essays at this point lol

It's just one of the questions they ask after II since they're closed file except for a set of questions
Yeah, i'm modifying a diversity essay i wrote for another school :D
For the 4 activities, do you think it's essential to include info about it that's on our AMCAS? i'm wondering about things like how long we did it for, hour hours, specific title, stuff like that?

Yeah, i'm modifying a diversity essay i wrote for another school :D
For the 4 activities, do you think it's essential to include info about it that's on our AMCAS? i'm wondering about things like how long we did it for, hour hours, specific title, stuff like that?

Hi, so I am not a current interviewee but I do know from previous cycles that Rochester interviewers won't see your full file and only have access to the 4 activities you write about along with your short essays. Based off this, I think it'd be important to flesh out the activities even if it overlaps with your AMCAS. Can someone else who's interviewed corroborate this information?

Has anyone asked admissions what date they expect to release the first batch of decisions?

A!!!! Just now!!!!!!!
Formal email will come tomorrow, this was a phone call
(9/10 interview)

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
9/10 interviewer here, I'm assuming if I didn't get a call it's a WL/R :(

For those accepted yesterday, any changes on your portal?
Does status still say application is ready?

For those accepted yesterday, any changes on your portal?
Does status still say application is ready?
Status hasn't changed, but a new tab appeared on the side of the page side titled "Admission Decision"

Last edited:
Just got accepted! Got an email a few hours ago. Interviewed 6 weeks ago (9/10). ORM, 75 LizzyM, 83 WARS.

Edit: Lolz I just realized I got a call from NY yesterday that I missed. Whoops. Got the email today though, so we are good!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users