2020-2021 Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine (RowanSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted of off the HPWL! movement is happening!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
If there is anyone on this thread on the HPWL or alternate list who no longer is interested in attending Rowan, please email admissions to let them know! While this may not help my position on the waitlist, I know it will definitely help with some of the movement as we go through June.

Similarly, if you are on a waitlist at another school and don't plan on attending, send them an email as well. Here's to good karma and waitlist movement :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If there is anyone on this thread on the HPWL or alternate list who no longer is interested in attending Rowan, please email admissions to let them know! While this may not help my position on the waitlist, I know it will definitely help with some of the movement as we go through June.

Similarly, if you are on a waitlist at another school and don't plan on attending, send them an email as well. Here's to good karma and waitlist movement :)
I’m on the HPWL and I’m hoping to get there honestly

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone who interviewed/had interview orientation in may hear back yet?

does this mean they're thru the HPWL or are they just going through the list randomly? I am v confused

Hi all, can someone explain have they gotten through the entire HPWL or now are they accepting by preference? I am on the HPWL since February and have not heard back yet?

Hi all, can someone explain have they gotten through the entire HPWL or now are they accepting by preference? I am on the HPWL since February and have not heard back yet?
seems like the latter!

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think its about LOI...the adcom has to fill its class and also build a class that has a diverse demographic...so for example if a URM drops from HPWL and theres not another on the HPWL, they will draw from the Alternate list...for ORM its not as clear unfortunately...of course ORM/URM is not the only factor when a student is selected, but it is important to the ADCOM to create a diverse class

No. Alternate List 2/26
Thank you man for the clarification
And I apologize if my question was offending in any way
It’s just that the stress of waiting for something to happen is overwhelming at this point
And my path has been more challenging than I imagined to reach this point
I mean I’m happy with the guaranteed admission they offered but I will be the happiest person on earth if I get accepted
Just that phone call and email will wipe out all the disappointments that I have faced since I finished high school
All that stress and long hours of studying and working not to mention the mcat stress
And my chance at getting to this school is the highest among all schools I applied to
And as a 30 year old guy I just wanna move on with my life to something greater
And as much as I wish the best for everyone and that everyone get that chance and opportunity, at the same time I don’t think I’m selfish if I asked for it sooner

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Thank you man for the clarification
And I apologize if my question was offending in any way
It’s just that the stress of waiting for something to happen is overwhelming at this point
And my path has been more challenging than I imagined to reach this point
I mean I’m happy with the guaranteed admission they offered but I will be the happiest person on earth if I get accepted
Just that phone call and email will wipe out all the disappointments that I have faced since I finished high school
All that stress and long hours of studying and working not to mention the mcat stress
And my chance at getting to this school is the highest among all schools I applied to
And as a 30 year old guy I just wanna move on with my life to something greater
And as much as I wish the best for everyone and that everyone get that chance and opportunity, at the same time I don’t think I’m selfish if I asked for it sooner
hoping you hear positive news soon friend! :)

Ahhhh, accepted off the HPWL an hour ago! Interviewed on 05/11. Wishing everyone else good luck!! It ain’t over till it’s overrrr

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Ahhhh, accepted off the HPWL an hour ago! Interviewed on 05/11. Wishing everyone else good luck!! It ain’t over till it’s overrrr
congrats!! do you mind sharing if your orm/urm and stats? hope you are able to celebrate :)

I just got the A
I’m in shock, I’ve been waiting for this news for the last 8 years

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
If you don’t plan on attending Rowan and holding on an acceptance, please give it up guys it means a life change for some. I’m sure you can understand, thank you

Hey guys hope you’re all doing well. For those who see this and have withdrew/ are withdrawing their A, can you post here if possible? Hope it’s not a bother, thank you and best of luck to all

Just for our knowledge and record keeping, like this post if you're still on the HPWL

Just for our knowledge and record keeping, like this post if you're still on the ALTERNATE list

it looks like they're almost done the HPWL which is a good sign for us on alternate list...keep the positive vibes up friends! :)

it looks like they're almost done the HPWL which is a good sign for us on alternate list...keep the positive vibes up friends! :)
Best of luck to everyone, hoping for good news to all of you

a friend of mine was accepted from the alternate list this morning! :)

Please if you’re accepted or even on the HPWL and don’t plan on attending because of another school please withdraw! We’re approaching the finish line and payments are approaching. Thank you all so much all the best.

I am still on the HPWL and at this point I want to wait until next year instead of figuring everything out in less than a week before orientation.

I am still on the HPWL and at this point I want to wait until next year instead of figuring everything out in less than a week before orientation.
Yeah I can imagine how stressful that would be! If you really are considering just joining next year, maybe they would give you a conditional acceptance. That way someone who does want to go this year can start this year and then you can join next year at your convenience. Sounds like a win win to me :)

With the HPWL you’d have the guaranteed acceptance for the 2022 which is nice, feel free to let them know and thanks for keeping all of us updated! Best of luck to you

Spoke with Rowan, they mentioned they had almost 10 withdrawals in the past week and are trying to get into the alternate waitlist. PLEASE if you are holding on and are reconsidering a deferment or another program please let Dean Watkins know. Thank you

Like this message if you were on the HPWL and weren’t called to start this year, I’m curious to see how many of us there are

Hi guys!
I am planning to apply to this school but don’t have the stats! Still will take my chances and leave it to God! Good luck to everyone !
Hey, did you get any acceptances?