2020-2021 Rutgers (New Jersey)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did everyone wear a suit/formal attire for the Dean's session? Also, what can we expect for this session?
Everyone in mine was wearing interview-style attire (e.g., coat + tie).

Members don't see this ad.

Lemme just let it out for like a minute: wth njms please send me an II I’m dying here 😭😭😤😤
Ok I’m done lol

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed mid-December hear back ? About 8 weeks post interview and getting nervous!

For those who have sent updates through the portal, did you get an email saying it was received or is it just enough that it shows it's updated in the portal?

Just got put on the alternate list, interviewed 1/5, IS. Really hoping for a lot of WL movement this year.

Just got put on the alternate list, interviewed 1/5, IS. Really hoping for a lot of WL movement this year.
Same, kind of disappointed in myself. There wasn't a lot of regular alternate list movement on last year's thread so I'm not expecting much.

Reactions: 1 user
If it makes you feel any better, I'm on the WL at a school in my city. I'll be giving up my A here if I get off the WL at my top choice.

Reactions: 1 users
are they still interviewing? Submitted in July, IS, still waiting..

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
are they still interviewing? Submitted in July, IS, still waiting..
They might be going until the end of February (in the portal I can see meet the deans sessions, which are part of the interview, being held the next 2 weeks). Don’t know if they’re adding more beyond that, though

Did they say when fin aid packages are going to come out? Tried calling and emailing and haven't gotten any info :(

They might be going until the end of February (in the portal I can see meet the deans sessions, which are part of the interview, being held the next 2 weeks). Don’t know if they’re adding more beyond that, though
😢

Do the students who live in Jersey City/Hoboken need a car to get to campus in newark? Or do they use public transportation? Thanks

II today, open dates throughout March, for those who are going to ask - I submitted an update in December and was complete in August.

Reactions: 6 users
Do the students who live in Jersey City/Hoboken need a car to get to campus in newark? Or do they use public transportation? Thanks
You can take the PATH train to Newark Penn and then take the Rutgers shuttle to campus. Depending on where you live in Jersey City it would take about 30 min and a bit longer for Hoboken. It's not bad but definitely quicker with a car.

Any current students on here commute to campus and if so, how far? I am currently based about 1 hour by Train from Newark and I am wondering how feasible it would be for me to commute and if it would suffice to have a dorm on campus for winter storms, etc.

I really hope there’s more acceptances coming soon

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone with interview date around end of January heard back yet? how long after interview does it take to receive decisions from NJMS?

Has anyone with interview date around end of January heard back yet? how long after interview does it take to receive decisions from NJMS?
I found out I was accepted about a month after I interviewed but that was back in oct/nov so they might be on a different timeline now

I interviewed in early December and haven't heard back, not sure if anyone from my date has yet either.

Same boat. I'll let you know if I hear anything. I predict we will hear in March.

Would it be worth emailing if we are nearing the 10+ week mark post-interview?

well, let’s hope tomorrow is the day for IIs

Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed in early December and haven't heard back, not sure if anyone from my date has yet either.
Their website says that they no longer do rolling. Offers of admission will be made at two points within the cycle: late December and mid March.

For admitted / current students - does anyone know the following:
1. Are medical students guaranteed on-campus housing for all four years?
2. What is the cost of on-campus housing per month/per year?

II yesterday! First instate love :)

completed 7/20
3.5 sGPA
514 MCAT

Interview for next week, does anyone have any tips? The faculty interview seems long, no?

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Their website says that they no longer do rolling. Offers of admission will be made at two points within the cycle: late December and mid March.
Where did you see this on the website? I just looked and from what I can tell, it still says that they do rolling admissions: