2020-2021 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II here as well!!
IS, Complete 7/16
edit: forgot stats, 3.5 GPA/520 MCAT

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
i guess they prioritise IS :( but congrats to everyone who got an II today!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like they’re following complete dates for the most part. *sits super tight and tries to relax as I was only marked complete yesterday*

Looks like they’re following complete dates for the most part. *sits super tight and tries to relax as I was only marked complete yesterday*
omg thank you for pointing this out... i was complete 7/17 and it gives me hope (but im not IS so theres probably no chance)

Reactions: 1 user
Just curious, for those of you getting II did they mention VITA because I remember RWJ being on the VITA list. Or did they just let you schedule a interview without it?

I'm IS with a 77 LM and didn't get an II :( but congrats and good luck to everyone who did!

II received yesterday, 9 ish PM.

IS, 3.54 GPA and 515 MCAT. Complete 7/15

Members don't see this ad :)
i heard all the hirevue invitations are sent on Thursdays. maybe wait until tomorrow and contact admissions office after that?

Hoping for some 9:00 magic again this Thursday night...

Do you think that for the question where it asks to comment about grades lower than a B, this includes a B-? I have a B- on my transcript but nothing lower than that.

Did anyone else get the "schedule your interview" email before completing their VITA? The email starts off with "Thanks for completing your VITA" so I got a little panicked because I haven't completed mine yet

rip, sorry for that. I just meant I think they're having technical difficulties since we're the first people and the person I responded to is fine/hasn't missed any deadlines or anything
I meant Rutgers, not you. If the school is confused about VITA, it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in the school.

Hopefully it's just a glitch on their part, but if you receive an email from the school suggesting that you took VITA when you haven't, I would contact the school to notify them of the error.

Hey guys! I am just wondering if anyone applying Regular Decision got their Secondary yet. I got one for my other schools months ago, but have yet to get anything from RWJ and idk if it was an email problem, requirements issue, etc.

Hey guys! I am just wondering if anyone applying Regular Decision got their Secondary yet. I got one for my other schools months ago, but have yet to get anything from RWJ and idk if it was an email problem, requirements issue, etc.
Check your spam folders or if you have several email addresses check them all

Check your spam folders or if you have several email addresses check them all

Nothing there :( . So the regular decision secondaries have been sent? Do you know who I should email about it? Thanks so much btw.

Yes I got mine a while ago. I recommend checking spam, confirming in AMCAS that you actually added RWJ to your primary, and if needed email their admission office to confirm what email they have on file and see if they can send it again.

Hey guys! Struggling with the COVID question, especially the part where it asks about "future work as a doctor". Can anyone clarify exactly what that means?

Do you guys know if they care about the “2 week turnaround”? I work full time and have been working on other secondaries/moving so I’m a little over 3 weeks now :/ planning on submitting by Wednesday latest

Wooooo finally submitted. Lets get this BREAD ladies n gents.

Does anyone know if we should send thank you notes to MMI faculty or just to Dr. Copeland/ Dr. Terregino?

How long did it take you guys to receive a secondary? My AAMC app was verified on the 15th and this is the only school I'm still waiting for a secondary from.

How long did it take you guys to receive a secondary? My AAMC app was verified on the 15th and this is the only school I'm still waiting for a secondary from.

I got mine same day I was verified

Where the IIs at? Seems like after that magic Thursday evening the admissions office stopped sending invited :/

Reactions: 3 users
Finishing up the secondary right now and wanted to confirm something - is the consensus that there is no word/character limit? I'm a non-trad with lots of different experiences and my answer to question 3 is pretty lengthy.

Finishing up the secondary right now and wanted to confirm something - is the consensus that there is no word/character limit? I'm a non-trad with lots of different experiences and my answer to question 3 is pretty lengthy.

non trad as well. I listed everything but only gave more than a one sentence description for things that weren't already thoroughly explained (or not listed) elsewhere. I also didnt overly describe experiences that are self-explanatory or very common.

And yes, no length restrictions.

Reactions: 1 users
non trad as well. I listed everything but only gave more than a one sentence description for things that weren't already thoroughly explained (or not listed) elsewhere. I also didnt overly describe experiences that are self-explanatory or very common.

And yes, no length restrictions.
Agreed. I did not go into much detail since most of the experiences were previously described in AMCAS.

No official character limit but best to err on the side of concision.

I started my response with "The MCAT is hard, and the MCAT is important.."

Haha but nah, seriously though, that's all I did: detail what resources I used and how I paced myself, and how my study strategy differed between my first and second attempts (i'm a retaker).

This was HILARIOUS:lol:.. i literally heard the video play in my head.