2020-2021 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This was HILARIOUS:lol:.. i literally heard the video play in my head.

Dude, that video still follows me the hell around LOL. Rear view mirror would be a polite way to describe my MCAT perspective nowdays, but nah, this dude INSISTS on reminding me this thing is HARD. And IMPORTANT.

Pick on someone else, man! Sheeeesh! Hahaha.

Members don't see this ad.

how ya'll feelin over here? any new news? complete 8/1 still nothin in case thats useful for anybody ha.

how ya'll feelin over here? any new news? complete 8/1 still nothin in case thats useful for anybody ha.

Top choice school here. Hearing back would be nice. complete 7/27 and nothing :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Top choice school here. Hearing back would be nice. complete 7/27 and nothing :(
good luck, hopefully we hear something back soon. seems like the last reports of II"s were from ppl complete around mid july. i think our time is coming soon.

Hello! Just got an interview invite yesterday 9/28, I submitted 9/15, so I'm surprised how early it came. Good luck everyone!!!

Hello! Just got an interview invite yesterday 9/28, I submitted 9/15, so I'm surprised how early it came. Good luck everyone!!!
congrats! mind sharing your stats ? are you in state? whats your favorite pizza spot?

• Haha

Congrats! Did you schedule yet? If so, what was the earliest date? Please and thank you!

Congrats! Did you schedule yet? If so, what was the earliest date? Please and thank you!
We have to complete VITA prior to scheduling the interview - still waiting on my VITA invite, it comes once weekly on Thursdays

Received II Monday at 10:30AM! First one of the cycle so waiting on the Vita invite on Thursday before scheduling the main MMI.

Stats 3.59/515 nontrad (?)

Edit: complete 8/19!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Received II Monday at 10:30AM! First one of the cycle so waiting on the Vita invite on Thursday before scheduling the main MMI.

Stats 3.59/515 nontrad (?)
Same - LM 64 complete 8/1

II received 9:45pm tonight!! I'm so happy I think I might cry!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 9/9 LM 67.2 IS non-trad, got my first II 2 days ago and I'm over the moon!! This is my top choice

anyone here attended the interview yet? Any tips or resources for preparing for an MMI interview?

Also, who ever schedules next, please share earliest date if you don’t mind (I keep asking because I’m terrified of the VITA and I’m taking forever to get prepared. please forgive me lol )

Reactions: 1 users
The MMI questions weren’t bad at all imo. My only tip is make sure you have a good laptop with good sound quality and be prepared to possibly dial in with your phone. They use video calls through their application portal for the MMI instead of a separate zoom link so I had a lot of technical difficulties during mine. It was completely unexpected because my wifi is honestly great and I’ve never had issues with video calls on the laptop I used.

aww, sorry that happened but I'm sure you still did great even with the difficulties! thank you for your feedback! that's good to hear. I'm a reapplicant so I'm excessively stressed about this whole process lol. just want to make sure I'm as prepared as possible.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
anyone here attended the interview yet? Any tips or resources for preparing for an MMI interview?

Also, who ever schedules next, please share earliest date if you don’t mind (I keep asking because I’m terrified of the VITA and I’m taking forever to get prepared. please forgive me lol )

I'm scheduling my MMI now and it's kinda weird, there are only like 5 dates with availabilities for the rest of the year, but there are 2-3 clustered availabilities on each day (i.e. 1:30pm, 2:15pm, 3pm). Given these clusters it seems unlikely that some some days already completely filled while others have many slots? I'm thinking that they have only 5 interview dates with multiple interviews going on during each time slot. Basically, based on what I'm seeing, I'm guessing there are still plenty of spots.

Either way, the earliest I'm seeing is Oct. 28th! Latest is Dec. 7th, and they DO NOT have rolling admissions so they make all their decisions after all of the Fall interviews are done (late December) and then they repeat for the Spring....I called Dr. Copeland today to confirm this.

Also I'm a reapplicant so I understand how much worse this process is the second time. No one should spend 2 years being judged like this. Good Luck!

I'm scheduling my MMI now and it's kinda weird, there are only like 5 dates with availabilities for the rest of the year, but there are 2-3 clustered availabilities on each day (i.e. 1:30pm, 2:15pm, 3pm). Given these clusters it seems unlikely that some some days already completely filled while others have many slots? I'm thinking that they have only 5 interview dates with multiple interviews going on during each time slot. Basically, based on what I'm seeing, I'm guessing there are still plenty of spots.

Either way, the earliest I'm seeing is Oct. 28th! Latest is Dec. 7th, and they DO NOT have rolling admissions so they make all their decisions after all of the Fall interviews are done (late December) and then they repeat for the Spring....I called Dr. Copeland today to confirm this.

Also I'm a reapplicant so I understand how much worse this process is the second time. No one should spend 2 years being judged like this. Good Luck!

thank you sooooo much for this! the scheduling makes sense. I had no idea they weren't doing rolling admissions, huge weight lifted (I really didn't want to rush VITA just to hurry up and schedule the MMI. will be doing it this weekend though). wishing you the best of luck this cycle too!

For anyone who has already finish the interview process here,

Is it just an MMI interview after the AAMC Vita? Or is there also a faculty/student interview?

For anyone who has already finish the interview process here,

Is it just an MMI interview after the AAMC Vita? Or is there also a faculty/student interview?
just the MMI interview and a separate tour video with students/session with the dean! the session is super casual not like an interview or anything

just the MMI interview and a separate tour video with students/session with the dean! the session is super casual not like an interview or anything
Thank you!!! This is gonna be my first MMI interview so I'm really nervous about it haha

Thank you!! I'm in same position as other poster- still wanted to prep a little more for VITA so this was reassuring. Does anyone know if this school's MMI is more behavioral or scenario based?

Hey everyone! I accidentally missed the pre MMI session on Friday—not the best, I know. I was wondering if one of you would be kind enough to kinda give me a quick fill in, either here or thru PM, so that i’m not entirely lost tomorrow haha. I really appreciate it in advance.

Hi do you guys know if this school superscores mcat?

Think they're just slow this year? I feel like invite activity at this school is very low. For reference I was complete 7/25
kinda wish every school had an update on their cycle. how many they expect to interview, how many have interviewed so far, and if they're on time or delayed lol.

Hi, thanks for the info! Did you had access to MMI scheduling immediately after completing VITA? Or do they manually process and email applicants with scheduling links some time after VITA completion.?

can this school/other NJ schools start sending IIs please...

Reactions: 6 users
Just scheduled my MMI. Seems like all the dates for October have been filled. There are 2 interview dates on the November calendar that are open with different time frames. Good luck everyone!! I am SUPER nervous and excited about my interview!! If anyone has any general or specific MMI tips PLEASE hmu here on in the DM pls thank you and GOOD LUCK everyone!!!

How long after the VITA is complete are people able to schedule the MMI? Is it right away?

Just finished my VITA and got an email 1 hour later from Dr. Heinrich offering interview on Tuesday 10/13 - a little confused since I didn't have to schedule the same way everyone else did... did anyone else have the same experience?
i think you're on the wrong thread..

Just signed up for my MMI - don't think there are any Nov time slots/days left but plenty in December (over 2 dates)

Really? I was under the impression they hadn't sent out that many IIs yet.
I'm not sure about that but I saw many time slots in Dec. I think once those fill they make a decision for all of the fall interviews. And start interviewing again in the spring with decisions coming out at the end of spring interviews.

Last edited:
Has any OOS applicant got a II? I'm considering sending an update letter because this is a top school for me.

Shoot I just finished my VITA today thinking there would be slots in November still but I guess I'm gonna have to wait for December...

To answer someone above asking whether the MMI scheduling comes right after VITA, I haven't received my MMI scheduling yet so I guess they come periodically or are sent out manually after VITA

Shoot I just finished my VITA today thinking there would be slots in November still but I guess I'm gonna have to wait for December...

To answer someone above asking whether the MMI scheduling comes right after VITA, I haven't received my MMI scheduling yet so I guess they come periodically or are sent out manually after VITA
Hey! I asked the question - if you finished it today, it should come in sometime tomorrow :)

Hey! I asked the question - if you finished it today, it should come in sometime tomorrow :)

Got it today, thanks! There were some times available for Dec 1 and Dec 7 for this year, but otherwise the next dates are in Jan. Not sure if the dates themselves matter though seeing as admissions are not rolling

has anyone interviewed yet and been able to ask how they're weighing the VITA in their process? just curious.