You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the call a couple hours ago!!!!! 🙂
soshelpme123
Full Member
Just got the call! Interviewed 12/1! So surprised how quick that was - yay!!
MD kickflip
Full Member
congrats on the call guys!
I have been getting SO many spam calls the past couple of days I also thought it was a spam call and let it ring :/Got the call too but missed it...only got a vm... It's hard to imagine that they call you at almost 8pm on a Friday night ..I seriously thought it was a scam call :/ hope I can reach them on Monday ...
PleaseLetMeIn789
Full Member
Just got the call!!!!!!!! First acceptance!!! Interviewed 12/1
Question: I am confused with the tuition for RWJ
I checked RWJ website (as below). So in state tuition for 1st year is higher that OOS? And there s a increase of 20k for year 2,3,4???
(Robert Wood Johnson Medical School - Scarlet Hub)
Medicine Tuition
I checked RWJ website (as below). So in state tuition for 1st year is higher that OOS? And there s a increase of 20k for year 2,3,4???
(Robert Wood Johnson Medical School - Scarlet Hub)
Medicine Tuition
| In-state tuition | Out of state tuition | |
|---|---|---|
| Incoming student | $43,345 | $41,694 |
| Continuing student | $66,881 | $66,881 |
I was also just notified that I was placed in the "High Priority Alternate" category. Anyone have thoughts about chances for those who wind up in this category?
MD kickflip
Full Member
Competitive Hold 🙁
What does this mean for me? Says I'll be placed on the high priority alternate category in late winter. Does that mean I'm screwed cause people are being added to the high priority list already?
What does this mean for me? Says I'll be placed on the high priority alternate category in late winter. Does that mean I'm screwed cause people are being added to the high priority list already?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From someone on the 2018-19 thread: "I think competitive hold automatically turns into the HPWL. I read on forums from the past two cycles that "competitive hold" still has a 50/50 shot of getting in but the regular waitlist doesn't get a lot of movement. Not entirely sure though."
forums.studentdoctor.net
2018-2019 Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Just got the acceptance call this morning! Interviewed second week of November Lol I think you meant to post that in the NJMS thread.
Sorry, actually I was placed in "competitive hold" too. Not sure if anyone goes straight to HPWL.Competitive Hold 🙁
What does this mean for me? Says I'll be placed on the high priority alternate category in late winter. Does that mean I'm screwed cause people are being added to the high priority list already?
MD kickflip
Full Member
Oh thank you so much for clarifying that! I'm really hoping people don't go straight to HPWL because that might be bad news hahaSorry, actually I was placed in "competitive hold" too. Not sure if anyone goes straight to HPWL.
I also got the competitive hold email, and because it said everyone in the group will be placed on HPWL "after the admissions season is complete in late winter," I think that implies that they don't start the HPWL until interviews are over. Basically, I think competitive hold and HPWL are synonymous but they just haven't officially started the waitlist yet. Just my initial reaction though - could definitely be wrong!Oh thank you so much for clarifying that! I'm really hoping people don't go straight to HPWL because that might be bad news haha
MD kickflip
Full Member
not sure, but 2018-2019 cycle seemed to have a good amount of movement from HPWL in may-juneis the order (from least) alternate list < competitive hold < high priority alternate list?
Not sure I understand the purpose of competitive hold. Last year they didn’t even have movement off the HPAL, so what does it mean for competitive hold to move to HPAL?
I‘m not sure what changed last year but there was almost no movement. No way to really know if COVID played a role. Maybe that is why their language is noncommittal this year in terms of HPAL getting a spot.not sure, but 2018-2019 cycle seemed to have a good amount of movement from HPWL in may-june
Anyone know when the official emails will be sent out? Got the call on Friday, but eagerly waiting on that email!
also haven't received an email yet.
ScrubDaddy5
New Member
Got an acceptance VM on Friday from Dr. T, so excited!!! Still have not received a confirmation email yet though so I just called and left a message.
same here! Tried to call a couple of times and no pick up...Got an acceptance VM on Friday from Dr. T, so excited!!! Still have not received a confirmation email yet though so I just called and left a message.
MD kickflip
Full Member
If I get a new letter of Rec from work, should I send that directly to Dean Copeland or submit it through my HPO office & AAMCAS?
I picked up the initial acceptance phone call and still haven’t gotten the official letter so we’re on the same boat!same here! Tried to call a couple of times and no pick up...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PSA to check your applicant portal - I didn't get an acceptance email, but I can see the admissions decision tab with my official acceptance letter!! Also under my communication status it says that an email sent earlier today, but I don't see it in my inbox/junk/spam.
any hope left for ppl complete end of aug and still no II? 🙁
Congrats!Just got the acceptance email!
same :/ complete 8/28 and ISany hope left for ppl complete end of aug and still no II? 🙁
+1same :/ complete 8/28 and IS
tigertiger17
New Member
I'm a current student (in-state) and I think I've paid about the same amount each year (with the expected minor adjustments per year). Feel free to DM me if you have questions!Question: I am confused with the tuition for RWJ
I checked RWJ website (as below). So in state tuition for 1st year is higher that OOS? And there s a increase of 20k for year 2,3,4???
(Robert Wood Johnson Medical School - Scarlet Hub)
Medicine Tuition
In-state tuition Out of state tuition Incoming student $43,345 $41,694 Continuing student $66,881 $66,881
Has anyone gotten II recently?
NoEyeEyeGuy
Full Member
nothin ova here!Has anyone gotten II recently?
nothin ova here!
me too im so desperate for one lol
NoEyeEyeGuy
Full Member
yup, luckily its still early though. i think there should be good action over here from january into march
yup, luckily its still early though. i think there should be good action over here from january into march
Thank you for this needed to hear it haha
SpreadKindness20
Full Member
Were there many RWJMS IIs sent out last cycle from Jan-March? I haven't checked last year's thread.yup, luckily its still early though. i think there should be good action over here from january into march
So is like.....now the best time for a letter of interest/update letter?from what i understand rwjms accepts half its class in the fall and the other half in the spring!! so don't lose hope they still have HALF THEIR CLASS to interview and accept 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah I'm 99% sure they do it in two batches!! guessing they haven't sent out any IIs yet for the remainder of the cycle since they only just released decisions for the first batch!from what i understand rwjms accepts half its class in the fall and the other half in the spring!! so don't lose hope they still have HALF THEIR CLASS to interview and accept 🙂
Oh ****, we all hoping to be a part of that second decision batch huh?yeah I'm 99% sure they do it in two batches!! guessing they haven't sent out any IIs yet for the remainder of the cycle since they only just released decisions for the first batch!
Congrats! Nice New Years present. May I ask what the available interview dates look like at this point? Thx!Just got the II email! Secondary complete last week of September.
Just got the II email! Secondary complete last week of September.
+ 1
Similar threads
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 94K