2020-2021 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an acceptance call from Dean T. Still in shock. Interviewed 9/16

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Got the call a few min ago!! Interviewed 11/10. This is unreal

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call too but missed it...only got a vm... It's hard to imagine that they call you at almost 8pm on a Friday night ..I seriously thought it was a scam call :/ hope I can reach them on Monday ...

Reactions: 1 user
Got the call too but missed it...only got a vm... It's hard to imagine that they call you at almost 8pm on a Friday night ..I seriously thought it was a scam call :/ hope I can reach them on Monday ...
I have been getting SO many spam calls the past couple of days I also thought it was a spam call and let it ring :/

Question: I am confused with the tuition for RWJ
I checked RWJ website (as below). So in state tuition for 1st year is higher that OOS? And there s a increase of 20k for year 2,3,4???
(Robert Wood Johnson Medical School - Scarlet Hub)
Medicine Tuition
In-state tuitionOut of state tuition
Incoming student$43,345$41,694
Continuing student$66,881$66,881

Anyone know when the official emails will be sent out? Got the call on Friday, but eagerly waiting on that email!

oof, just got an email that I was placed in the "High Priority Alternate category". Interviewed early November.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also just notified that I was placed in the "High Priority Alternate" category. Anyone have thoughts about chances for those who wind up in this category?

Competitive Hold :(

What does this mean for me? Says I'll be placed on the high priority alternate category in late winter. Does that mean I'm screwed cause people are being added to the high priority list already?

Last edited:
From someone on the 2018-19 thread: "I think competitive hold automatically turns into the HPWL. I read on forums from the past two cycles that "competitive hold" still has a 50/50 shot of getting in but the regular waitlist doesn't get a lot of movement. Not entirely sure though."

Competitive Hold :(

What does this mean for me? Says I'll be placed on the high priority alternate category in late winter. Does that mean I'm screwed cause people are being added to the high priority list already?
Sorry, actually I was placed in "competitive hold" too. Not sure if anyone goes straight to HPWL.

Sorry, actually I was placed in "competitive hold" too. Not sure if anyone goes straight to HPWL.
Oh thank you so much for clarifying that! I'm really hoping people don't go straight to HPWL because that might be bad news haha

Oh thank you so much for clarifying that! I'm really hoping people don't go straight to HPWL because that might be bad news haha
I also got the competitive hold email, and because it said everyone in the group will be placed on HPWL "after the admissions season is complete in late winter," I think that implies that they don't start the HPWL until interviews are over. Basically, I think competitive hold and HPWL are synonymous but they just haven't officially started the waitlist yet. Just my initial reaction though - could definitely be wrong!

is the order (from least) alternate list < competitive hold < high priority alternate list?

Not sure I understand the purpose of competitive hold. Last year they didn’t even have movement off the HPAL, so what does it mean for competitive hold to move to HPAL?

is the order (from least) alternate list < competitive hold < high priority alternate list?

Not sure I understand the purpose of competitive hold. Last year they didn’t even have movement off the HPAL, so what does it mean for competitive hold to move to HPAL?
not sure, but 2018-2019 cycle seemed to have a good amount of movement from HPWL in may-june

Is there even a HPAL this year, or was everyone put on competitive hold? Do you think we can ask them about this?

not sure, but 2018-2019 cycle seemed to have a good amount of movement from HPWL in may-june
I‘m not sure what changed last year but there was almost no movement. No way to really know if COVID played a role. Maybe that is why their language is noncommittal this year in terms of HPAL getting a spot.

Anyone know when the official emails will be sent out? Got the call on Friday, but eagerly waiting on that email!

also haven't received an email yet.

Got an acceptance VM on Friday from Dr. T, so excited!!! Still have not received a confirmation email yet though so I just called and left a message.

Got an acceptance VM on Friday from Dr. T, so excited!!! Still have not received a confirmation email yet though so I just called and left a message.
same here! Tried to call a couple of times and no pick up...

If I get a new letter of Rec from work, should I send that directly to Dean Copeland or submit it through my HPO office & AAMCAS?

same here! Tried to call a couple of times and no pick up...
I picked up the initial acceptance phone call and still haven’t gotten the official letter so we’re on the same boat!

got the acceptance voicemail on Saturday and had no idea until an hour ago when I saw an acceptance email ahhh I can't believe I did that lol

Just got the acceptance email!

PSA to check your applicant portal - I didn't get an acceptance email, but I can see the admissions decision tab with my official acceptance letter!! Also under my communication status it says that an email sent earlier today, but I don't see it in my inbox/junk/spam.

Reactions: 4 users
Question: I am confused with the tuition for RWJ
I checked RWJ website (as below). So in state tuition for 1st year is higher that OOS? And there s a increase of 20k for year 2,3,4???
(Robert Wood Johnson Medical School - Scarlet Hub)
Medicine Tuition
In-state tuitionOut of state tuition
Incoming student$43,345$41,694
Continuing student$66,881$66,881
I'm a current student (in-state) and I think I've paid about the same amount each year (with the expected minor adjustments per year). Feel free to DM me if you have questions!

Reactions: 1 users
yup, luckily its still early though. i think there should be good action over here from january into march

from what i understand rwjms accepts half its class in the fall and the other half in the spring!! so don't lose hope they still have HALF THEIR CLASS to interview and accept :)
So is like.....now the best time for a letter of interest/update letter?

from what i understand rwjms accepts half its class in the fall and the other half in the spring!! so don't lose hope they still have HALF THEIR CLASS to interview and accept :)
yeah I'm 99% sure they do it in two batches!! guessing they haven't sent out any IIs yet for the remainder of the cycle since they only just released decisions for the first batch!

yeah I'm 99% sure they do it in two batches!! guessing they haven't sent out any IIs yet for the remainder of the cycle since they only just released decisions for the first batch!
Oh ****, we all hoping to be a part of that second decision batch huh?

Just got the II email! Secondary complete last week of September.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the II email! Secondary complete last week of September.
Congrats! Nice New Years present. May I ask what the available interview dates look like at this point? Thx!