2020-2021 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
me, only late july

Hoping that they are interviewing the high stat/superstar applicants (for the majority) for the first wave of acceptances and everyone else gets thrown in for the Spring decisions.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II mid-October. Completed late August. LM ~68. OOS. ORM. Nontraditional.

Dream school. Excited to interview for the 2nd acceptance group.
what is the 2nd acceptance group?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone. I heard from admissions that they essentially give a pile of applications to each person on the committee and tell them to give a decision on all of them by March. This might help explain why applications are being viewed very out of order! Best of luck to everyone.

Reactions: 6 users
what is the 2nd acceptance group?
Email RE: RWJMS: MMI Interview scheduling

"Please keep in mind when scheduling, RWJMS does not have rolling admissions and will accept half our class in December and the other half in the spring."

II today! IS, ORM, complete 7/13 so there's still hope for July folks :)

Reactions: 6 users
II yesterday! Complete 9/16. I have not read this thread so far but I look forward to being involved from now on.

Best of luck to everybody!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know when they're scheduling into right now? I have to take vita and was hoping to take it this week but wanted to know around when the scheduling is right now.

Does anyone know when they're scheduling into right now? I have to take vita and was hoping to take it this week but wanted to know around when the scheduling is right now.
Jan! Scheduled last week

Does anyone know what % of interviewing students get accepted to this program? I felt like my MMI went ok but I live with a constant looming anxiety that I might not get accepted

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know what % of interviewing students get accepted to this program? I felt like my MMI went ok but I live with a constant looming anxiety that I might not get accepted
I feel the exact same way sigh. According to this sheet I found on SDN it says for in-staters, it's 62.95%...

• Care
II today around 9pm! IS, 518 MCAT, 3.82 gpa, averageish EC's, submitted secondary 9/10.

So, do I have to do VITA before I can schedule the synchronous interview/MMI? And everyone who completes VITA is automatically offered the MMI/synchronous interview, right? I was originally planning on doing VITA around December 5-8ish, because I wanted to do it after my first interview (Pitt, my top choice). Would it be good to try to do VITA earlier instead?

Reactions: 2 users
II today around 9pm! IS, 518 MCAT, 3.82 gpa, averageish EC's, submitted secondary 9/10.

So, do I have to do VITA before I can schedule the synchronous interview/MMI? And everyone who completes VITA is automatically offered the MMI/synchronous interview, right? I was originally planning on doing VITA around December 5-8ish, because I wanted to do it after my first interview (Pitt, my top choice). Would it be good to try to do VITA earlier instead?
Hey congrats! You have pretty good stats - are you a senior or taking a gap year? You have four weeks I think to do the Vita from II email so you should be ok. I think they are filled for this wave with interviews so you will probably be interviewing for the spring wave.

can someone provide more details about this fall wave vs spring wave for interviews? haven't heard anything from rwj but have put many of my eggs in this basket lol

can someone provide more details about this fall wave vs spring wave for interviews? haven't heard anything from rwj but have put many of my eggs in this basket lol
They don’t do rolling admissions. They do acceptances in two timeframes - one winter and one spring.

You guys think it's worth sending an update after already interviewing? I have a lot to update about but I'm not sure if it even makes a difference at this point

You guys think it's worth sending an update after already interviewing? I have a lot to update about but I'm not sure if it even makes a difference at this point
I'm not sure how much of a difference it will make since with MMI, they evaluate/score alot quicker. But, you have nothing to lose as well as you can do an update/letter of interest combo especially if your update aligns with one of their programs or focuses.

Someone mentioned to me that application updates made post-II at RWJMS will have no effect on admission, as by that point the school is looking at interview performance rather than the core application. The one exception is if you are put on the waitlist.

On the portal it says that decisions will come out both in February and March. So I guess for the Spring portion of the cycle it will be a bit different?

II as well!! complete 08/03. i’m assuming available interview dates aren’t up until january?!

Reactions: 2 users
I got an II on 11/13 and a vita request on 11/19 (I haven't done vita prior). Just did vita this Monday and RWJ hasn't reached out to me about scheduling my interview yet. Should I reach out to them? Should I wait longer until they email me? It's stressing me out and I just wanna schedule :'(

I got an II on 11/13 and a vita request on 11/19 (I haven't done vita prior). Just did vita this Monday and RWJ hasn't reached out to me about scheduling my interview yet. Should I reach out to them? Should I wait longer until they email me? It's stressing me out and I just wanna schedule :'(
I'm in the same position as you. Interview invite on 11/30, I completed VITA last month but they didn't send anything else yet.

For anyone who interviewed in early December, do you know if our decisions will be coming out in Dec or February?

did anyone get a confirmation email after they posted an update or if its in the portal we should just assume adcom can now see it?

did anyone get a confirmation email after they posted an update or if its in the portal we should just assume adcom can now see it?
No confirmation. If you see it there in your portal now, assume they'll be able to see it if they re-review your file.

Hi! The dean emailed a response to mine. It wasn’t a generic email so I’m not sure she does this for everyone. Adcom here is so nice though and should be happy to answer an email regarding receipt of your update

Do you guys think we'll be interviewing for a waitlist spot this late in the cycle?

Hi! The dean emailed a response to mine. It wasn’t a generic email so I’m not sure she does this for everyone. Adcom here is so nice though and should be happy to answer an email regarding receipt of your update
Omg thank you so much for your insight!! Will definitely email and ask!!

For those who have interviewed- does anyone know an exact date when the "late December" decisions will be released? Hoping for Santa to deliver me a sweet A in time for Christmas 😬

Reactions: 4 users
6 min goes by way faster than you think when it’s the real thing. Anyone else get bumped out after every station? There’s so much more I wish I could have said grrr lol

6 min goes by way faster than you think when it’s the real thing. Anyone else get bumped out after every station? There’s so much more I wish I could have said grrr lol

Yes fam, 100%, see you in a few minutes of this meeting with the dean!

I received an II last Monday, got the VITA email Thursday, and was able to complete the VITA Friday afternoon.
I haven't heard anything from AAMC (aside for the email saying VITA was complete) or admissions office since then.
Am I missing something..? Should I keep waiting or should I reach out?

I received an II last Monday, got the VITA email Thursday, and was able to complete the VITA Friday afternoon.
I haven't heard anything from AAMC (aside for the email saying VITA was complete) or admissions office since then.
Am I missing something..? Should I keep waiting or should I reach out?
I think you should reach out. I got mine the morning of the next business day after I did VITA. They're really nice. If you inquire politely I'm sure it would be fine

I think you should reach out. I got mine the morning of the next business day after I did VITA. They're really nice. If you inquire politely I'm sure it would be fine
I did! They responded that the VITA info was sent back to them every Thursday, which is when they would confirm I completed it and allow me to schedule the MMI. Since I emailed them today though, they just allowed me to schedule it through the portal now.
Thanks for your encouragement!

Hey, did the dean email a response to you after you uploaded your update letter to the portal? Or did you email them your update letter?

Just got a VM that I was accepted! omg. I literally just interviewed on Monday. Was not expecting it at all! hope it's not a mistake lol but I am sooooo happy. :soexcited:

Reactions: 7 users