2020-2021 Saint Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Unrelated but SLU posted their 2021 match list recently. A lot matched to SLU compared to previous years. Looks really nice overall.

Match List 2021 : SLU

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Alternate List, interviewed 2/15. There's no response after we click the Submit button under the Accept/Decline Alternate List, right?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alternate list. Interviewed mid-Feb. I am withdrawing. Good luck to everyone standing.

Reactions: 1 user
Alternate list. Interviewed March 2nd

• Care
WL as well here. And interviewed in mid Feb. Good luck to anyone else!

• Care
Alternate list. Interviewed March 2nd, withdrawing. Good luck folks!

Oh no I still haven't heard anything and I interviewed Feb 22. Feels like they passed me by. Am I rejected???

Did y'all hear back over email or the phone or the portal?

• Care
Interview 2/16 and WL as well. Do you guys agree that this round of interviews was probably for WL spots?

• Care
Interviewed 2/15. Alternate List, withdrawing it boys good luck out there!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 3/2 and haven't heard anything... not sure what to make of this. Maybe an R? Thought my interview went really well.

I interviewed on 3/2 and haven't heard anything... not sure what to make of this. Maybe an R? Thought my interview went really well.

For most people, it took at least 4 weeks to hear back from SLU. So I would say next week is when you’ll hear back. Also, most of the people who interviewed the last couple months were put on the WL. Not saying it isn’t possible though! And also there is definitely gonna be some WL movement.

right here with you! Interviewed 2/22 and haven't heard back yet. Hoping for good news for both of us!

umm no what the heck? also has anybody gotten financial aid yet I’m starting to get worried.
Nope. And I'm actually really salty about it because the financial aid office specifically told me mid-March. It's real frustrating when schools string you along with inaccurate timelines.

Nope. And I'm actually really salty about it because the financial aid office specifically told me mid-March. It's real frustrating when schools string you along with inaccurate timelines.
I called and got no clear answer— just an annoyed employee who basically told me need based scholarships are a lottery (like ok..? you’d think they’d have criteria for need based ones but it is what it is) and that they’re “getting to it.” I guess we’ll get our crippling student debt eventually.

• Okay...
  • Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
Do y'all think they might release decisions again today? It looks like they got back to some of us on Monday....Does Slu only give out decisions on certain days?

Is there an accepted student groupme yet? Should I make one?

Reactions: 6 users
A little off topic, but anyone else pissed that parents won’t be able to attend the white coat ceremony?

A little off topic, but anyone else pissed that parents won’t be able to attend the white coat ceremony?
Where did you hear that? But yeah that's kind of bull ****, especially 4 months in advance and as vaccine availability increases

edit: just saw post in FB. Also upset no Fin aid and have to narrow to 3 in 2 weeks. Don't like schools expecting you to commit to attend but having no clue how much it will cost.

Reactions: 3 users
Where did you hear that? But yeah that's kind of bull ****, especially 4 months in advance and as vaccine availability increases

edit: just saw post in FB. Also upset no Fin aid and have to narrow to 3 in 2 weeks. Don't like schools expecting you to commit to attend but having no clue how much it will cost.
It looks like everyone will have had the chance to be vaccinated by July and certainly by the 30th so I don’t understand why we can’t have somewhat large gatherings then. Surely they could figure out a large enough venue in time to do it in where maybe a parent of two could attend.

I also emailed them and they said financial aid would sent out mid-March as well. Kind of annoyed with them at the moment but it is what it is I suppose.

are they going to have a freaking professional photographer for it then?? because wtf. I’m sorry we can go sit in lectures, volunteer in clinics, anatomy lab, etc. but can’t have parents watching our white coat ceremonies when we’re all vaccinated, social distanced, and in masks?

Need them to explain their logic on this one. I’m sure I wouldn’t be as annoyed if they would just send financial aid when promised.

are they going to have a freaking professional photographer for it then?? because wtf. I’m sorry we can go sit in lectures, volunteer in clinics, anatomy lab, etc. but can’t have parents watching our white coat ceremonies when we’re all vaccinated, social distanced, and in masks?

Need them to explain their logic on this one. I’m sure I wouldn’t be as annoyed if they would just send financial aid when promised.
I agree 100% with everything you said. The lack of transparency, unreasonable policies w/o explanation, and inaccurate timelines are really turning me off tbh. If this is indicative of what communication will be like as a student for the next 4 years, it doesn’t sound very appealing.

I am also annoyed about the financial aid. However, I'm actually kind of relieved they're not taking the unnecessary risk of inviting a large audience to the ceremony, maybe because I don't personally care that much about having my family there. I know it's more important to some. I imagine they'll record it for everyone to watch later?

Any idea if WL is possible for someone who interviewed 3/1 and hasn’t heard anything or should I just take this as a R?

They just emailed me that they have not (at least for me haha) and will be sent out ASAP.
They have been saying that for weeks... I wouldn't be surprised if it takes another two weeks.

Reactions: 4 users
Any idea if WL is possible for someone who interviewed 3/1 and hasn’t heard anything or should I just take this as a R?
I interviewed 2/22 and still haven't heard back either

Just placed on the alt list, interviewed 2/22.

• Care
Interviewed 3/9 and just got the Alt list today.

Last edited:
  • Care
Interviewed 3/8 and just got alt listed. I see there's 286 members in the fb group so I presume there's about 300 acceptances for the class of 180 meaning 120 need to drop out before WL movement starts. Anyone know how many people get off the WL in a typical year?

• Care
Interviewed 2/23, no response yet. Looking like I'm gonna be sitting here in May with multiple WL's and 0 A's

• Care
Interviewed 2/23, no response yet. Looking like I'm gonna be sitting here in May with multiple WL's and 0 A's
I feel this exactly. I don't want to re-prepare but I'm trying to force myself right now :(

Interviewed 2/22 also missed the Alt lists today...don't know what to think about this situation...

If they release decisions tomorrow I'm gonna have serious trust issues

Edit: Tomorrow being april fool's day

update: messaged the admin of FB group and they said theyre waiting till April 30th to make an official 2025 groupme with all the candidates who commit to SLU, so I guess I'm not making one haha

Has anyone received financial aid yet?

Just withdrew my A. Best of luck to everyone and I hope my spot makes its way to one of you amazing alt list people!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Seems like everyone gets placed on WL now :( hope there's a lot of movement

Withdrawing my spot on the Alt list! Good luck to the rest of y'all!