-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Saint Louis
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Alternate list. Interviewed mid-Feb. I am withdrawing. Good luck to everyone standing.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh no I still haven't heard anything and I interviewed Feb 22. Feels like they passed me by. Am I rejected???
Did y'all hear back over email or the phone or the portal?
Did y'all hear back over email or the phone or the portal?
Oh no I still haven't heard anything and I interviewed Feb 22. Feels like they passed me by. Am I rejected???
Did y'all hear back over email or the phone or the portal?
cslaymaker10
New Member
Interview 2/16 and WL as well. Do you guys agree that this round of interviews was probably for WL spots?
Yeah most likely...reason: haven't seen an A on this thread is the past month or twoInterview 2/16 and WL as well. Do you guys agree that this round of interviews was probably for WL spots?
cslaymaker10
New Member
My thoughts exactlyYeah most likely...reason: haven't seen an A on this thread is the past month or two
quadmonsta30
Full Member
Interviewed 2/15. Alternate List, withdrawing it boys good luck out there!
acceptme123
Full Member
I interviewed on 3/2 and haven't heard anything... not sure what to make of this. Maybe an R? Thought my interview went really well.
I interviewed on 3/2 and haven't heard anything... not sure what to make of this. Maybe an R? Thought my interview went really well.
For most people, it took at least 4 weeks to hear back from SLU. So I would say next week is when you’ll hear back. Also, most of the people who interviewed the last couple months were put on the WL. Not saying it isn’t possible though! And also there is definitely gonna be some WL movement.
right here with you! Interviewed 2/22 and haven't heard back yet. Hoping for good news for both of us!I interviewed on 3/2 and haven't heard anything... not sure what to make of this. Maybe an R? Thought my interview went really well.
chemmajor123
Full Member
umm no what the heck? also has anybody gotten financial aid yet I’m starting to get worried.Did anyone see and complete that HIPAA compliance form we had to complete by March 11 on our SLU account?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nopeumm no what the heck? also has anybody gotten financial aid yet I’m starting to get worried.
Nope. And I'm actually really salty about it because the financial aid office specifically told me mid-March. It's real frustrating when schools string you along with inaccurate timelines.umm no what the heck? also has anybody gotten financial aid yet I’m starting to get worried.
chemmajor123
Full Member
I called and got no clear answer— just an annoyed employee who basically told me need based scholarships are a lottery (like ok..? you’d think they’d have criteria for need based ones but it is what it is) and that they’re “getting to it.” I guess we’ll get our crippling student debt eventually.Nope. And I'm actually really salty about it because the financial aid office specifically told me mid-March. It's real frustrating when schools string you along with inaccurate timelines.
Do y'all think they might release decisions again today? It looks like they got back to some of us on Monday....Does Slu only give out decisions on certain days?
anonymoususer343434
Full Member
Where did you hear that? But yeah that's kind of bull ****, especially 4 months in advance and as vaccine availability increasesA little off topic, but anyone else pissed that parents won’t be able to attend the white coat ceremony?
edit: just saw post in FB. Also upset no Fin aid and have to narrow to 3 in 2 weeks. Don't like schools expecting you to commit to attend but having no clue how much it will cost.
mathazar
New Member
It looks like everyone will have had the chance to be vaccinated by July and certainly by the 30th so I don’t understand why we can’t have somewhat large gatherings then. Surely they could figure out a large enough venue in time to do it in where maybe a parent of two could attend.Where did you hear that? But yeah that's kind of bull ****, especially 4 months in advance and as vaccine availability increases
edit: just saw post in FB. Also upset no Fin aid and have to narrow to 3 in 2 weeks. Don't like schools expecting you to commit to attend but having no clue how much it will cost.
I also emailed them and they said financial aid would sent out mid-March as well. Kind of annoyed with them at the moment but it is what it is I suppose.
Yes please 🙂Is there an accepted student groupme yet? Should I make one?
chemmajor123
Full Member
are they going to have a freaking professional photographer for it then?? because wtf. I’m sorry we can go sit in lectures, volunteer in clinics, anatomy lab, etc. but can’t have parents watching our white coat ceremonies when we’re all vaccinated, social distanced, and in masks?A little off topic, but anyone else pissed that parents won’t be able to attend the white coat ceremony?
Need them to explain their logic on this one. I’m sure I wouldn’t be as annoyed if they would just send financial aid when promised.
I agree 100% with everything you said. The lack of transparency, unreasonable policies w/o explanation, and inaccurate timelines are really turning me off tbh. If this is indicative of what communication will be like as a student for the next 4 years, it doesn’t sound very appealing.are they going to have a freaking professional photographer for it then?? because wtf. I’m sorry we can go sit in lectures, volunteer in clinics, anatomy lab, etc. but can’t have parents watching our white coat ceremonies when we’re all vaccinated, social distanced, and in masks?
Need them to explain their logic on this one. I’m sure I wouldn’t be as annoyed if they would just send financial aid when promised.
idk_premed
New Member
I am also annoyed about the financial aid. However, I'm actually kind of relieved they're not taking the unnecessary risk of inviting a large audience to the ceremony, maybe because I don't personally care that much about having my family there. I know it's more important to some. I imagine they'll record it for everyone to watch later?
They just emailed me that they have not (at least for me haha) and will be sent out ASAP.Were financial aid packages released?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They have been saying that for weeks... I wouldn't be surprised if it takes another two weeks.They just emailed me that they have not (at least for me haha) and will be sent out ASAP.
I interviewed 2/22 and still haven't heard back eitherAny idea if WL is possible for someone who interviewed 3/1 and hasn’t heard anything or should I just take this as a R?
acceptme123
Full Member
Interviewed 3/2. Just got offered Alt list
Just placed on the alt list, interviewed 2/22.
I feel this exactly. I don't want to re-prepare but I'm trying to force myself right now 🙁Interviewed 2/23, no response yet. Looking like I'm gonna be sitting here in May with multiple WL's and 0 A's
Interviewed 2/22 also missed the Alt lists today...don't know what to think about this situation...Interviewed 2/23, no response yet. Looking like I'm gonna be sitting here in May with multiple WL's and 0 A's
ravioli2413
New Member
Does the WL see a lot of movement at SLU?
Withdrawing from Slu . Good luck to folks on the AltlistInterviewed 3/9 and just got the Alt list today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just withdrew my A. Best of luck to everyone and I hope my spot makes its way to one of you amazing alt list people!
acceptme123
Full Member
Withdrawing my spot on the Alt list! Good luck to the rest of y'all!
Alt list today; interviewed 02/22