2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+2 LOL

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an apology email this morning saying to disregard the status update/app received email, that it is not indicative of any actual change in status etc

Reactions: 1 user
How I imagine most of your mornings are going:

Upstate: I'm sorr-

Me: Oo no!!!

Upstate: Look, I sincerely apo-

Me: *mentally checks out for the day*

Reactions: 2 users
I like how the apology letter startled me even more

I have an interview this morning with another NY state school, whose interview coordinator has the same first name, and I about **** my pants when I saw an “apologizes for the confusion for the Friday email” line. I thought they’d cancel my interview!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten an II recently? There were no updates here since Sept 10

II today!! OOS, no ties, not URM. Secondary submitted on 7/28 and (first) complete email was received on 8/11 lol

Reactions: 4 users
II today!! OOS, no ties, not URM. Secondary submitted on 7/28 and (first) complete email was received on 8/11 lol
+1.
Also, earliest interview dates were in mid-December! Have many IIs been given out, or are there just not that many dates to choose from?

Anyone have advice on campus selection? (Binghamton vs Syracuse)

Anyone have advice on campus selection? (Binghamton vs Syracuse)
Do they ask you for campus selection after the interview? I haven't seen anything about that on my portal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an II! Complete 9/1 OOS but went to undergrad nearby

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked my portal and it said that I was selected for an interview? I was able to schedule one for December but I never received an email or any update on my application but I was complete August 14th. 3.7/518 IS.

I just checked my portal and it said that I was selected for an interview? I was able to schedule one for December but I never received an email or any update on my application but I was complete August 14th. 3.7/518 IS.
Congrats! Did it show up after you clicked on Fall 2021, or just when you logged in? Also may I ask your complete date?

Congrats! Did it show up after you clicked on Fall 2021, or just when you logged in? Also may I ask your complete date?

The upstate invite is immediately after logging in.

Just curious, what dates are available now?

The upstate invite is immediately after logging in.

Just curious, what dates are available now?

I went through October, November and December and only saw one day available - I took the last time slot of that day I believe so I would assume the next dates are in January (but I didn't look). I would have been able to schedule one earlier if they had sent me an email! but still super excited :)

Congrats! Is it common for people to not get emails/should I be periodically checking my email?

Congrats! Is it common for people to not get emails/should I be periodically checking my email?
I have no idea I was just being my usual neurotic self and checking the portals when I saw it. Part of my still thinks it’s fake/ a mistake but I’ll take it!

I have no idea I was just being my usual neurotic self and checking the portals when I saw it. Part of my still thinks it’s fake/ a mistake but I’ll take it!
Would you mind sharing a picture of what the portal looks like if we are selected for an interview? It sucks that you didn't get an email but congrats that's amazing !!

Would you mind sharing a picture of what the portal looks like if we are selected for an interview? It sucks that you didn't get an email but congrats that's amazing !!

Not the person you were asking but it will be very obvious. There will be a massive block of text below the Fall 2021 processed applications row that says:

Congratulations on being selected for an Interview!
The available interview dates you see in the calendar are the only available interview dates at this time. Please do not contact the Admission Office to ask if there are earlier dates. Rather, you can use the wait list feature to put yourself in line for an earlier date should a slot open up.

College of Medicine (MD-MDCN): Interview Date: = XXXXXXXXXXX
Note: Once you have selected a date, you will not be allowed to change your interview date on-line

and then a series of links below this.

Reactions: 5 users
IS SUNY Upstate pretty IS heavy or OOS with ties heavy. I'm OOS with no ties, so I think my chances are probably already slimmer.

IS SUNY Upstate pretty IS heavy or OOS with ties heavy. I'm OOS with no ties, so I think my chances are probably already slimmer.

If you're talking about pre-II then this is true, but they had data about post-interview acceptance rates and they are 50% for both IS and OOS once you've been invited to interview! Of course they invite much fewer OOS applicants to interview but once you have that II your chances should be pretty decent. Just FYI.

I got an II like two weeks after being complete in Sept. Is my first, pretty exciting, but they are booked to Jan now. I just put myself on the waitlist in case something opens up.

I got an II like two weeks after being complete in Sept. Is my first, pretty exciting, but they are booked to Jan now. I just put myself on the waitlist in case something opens up.

Congrats on the II!! If you don't mind can you share if OOS and stats?

I was also complete early August, am IS, have median stats for them, and have not heard back...honestly I am beginning to suspect I failed casper lol

I was also complete early August, am IS, have median stats for them, and have not heard back...honestly I am beginning to suspect I failed casper lol

lol same, haven't heard back from any CASPer schools. At least tell me if I failed so I don't waste 3k applying to them smh

Anyone else get a Hold email who had an II already?

got a hold email today.

Pre-II Hold just received. Anyone have historical information on the movement from this hold, or if its a soft reject?

I got an on hold too. Does anyone know what proportion of people they pull from on hold to II?

Pre-II hold. cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.7, MCAT 510, IS, ORM, complete 8/14 :(

Does anyone know from years past if this is a soft rejection or if there is any hope?

I had an II and got a hold email just now before even interviewing. This hold doesnt look legit

• Hmm
  • Wow
I just got a hold email as well. I have my fingers crossed for everyone else in the same boat!

Did they put everyone on hold...
Probably not. Last cycle they rejected me outright, so I would still keep some hope (but not too much).

Edit: I am probably an idiot after seeing all those weird holds.

• Dislike
I called. They said many were sent out in error, especially if you have already interviewed. Some are legit

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users