-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 SUNY - Upstate
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
focused_908
New Member
Thank you!Traditional. MMI was before, they just didnt change the PDF
+3, I got an email at 6am this morning.Ya'll they sent it again. They Wild'n out rn! Just sent an II already. I know you want to.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I like how the apology letter startled me even moreReceived an apology email this morning saying to disregard the status update/app received email, that it is not indicative of any actual change in status etc
How I imagine most of your mornings are going:
Upstate: I'm sorr-
Me: Oo no!!!
Upstate: Look, I sincerely apo-
Me: *mentally checks out for the day*
Upstate: I'm sorr-
Me: Oo no!!!
Upstate: Look, I sincerely apo-
Me: *mentally checks out for the day*
sillyusername
Full Member
I like how the apology letter startled me even more
I have an interview this morning with another NY state school, whose interview coordinator has the same first name, and I about **** my pants when I saw an “apologizes for the confusion for the Friday email” line. I thought they’d cancel my interview!
MS2 here! If anyone has any questions, feel free to send me a message.
II today!! OOS, no ties, not URM. Secondary submitted on 7/28 and (first) complete email was received on 8/11 lol
+1.II today!! OOS, no ties, not URM. Secondary submitted on 7/28 and (first) complete email was received on 8/11 lol
Also, earliest interview dates were in mid-December! Have many IIs been given out, or are there just not that many dates to choose from?
Do they ask you for campus selection after the interview? I haven't seen anything about that on my portal.Anyone have advice on campus selection? (Binghamton vs Syracuse)
Do they ask you for campus selection after the interview? I haven't seen anything about that on my portal.
They didn't, just wondering about the two options available
D
deleted1017749
Just received an II! Complete 9/1 OOS but went to undergrad nearby
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
QwertyLover123
Full Member
I just checked my portal and it said that I was selected for an interview? I was able to schedule one for December but I never received an email or any update on my application but I was complete August 14th. 3.7/518 IS.
cap_2
Full Member
Congrats! Did it show up after you clicked on Fall 2021, or just when you logged in? Also may I ask your complete date?I just checked my portal and it said that I was selected for an interview? I was able to schedule one for December but I never received an email or any update on my application but I was complete August 14th. 3.7/518 IS.
D
deleted1054719
Congrats! Did it show up after you clicked on Fall 2021, or just when you logged in? Also may I ask your complete date?
The upstate invite is immediately after logging in.
I just checked my portal and it said that I was selected for an interview? I was able to schedule one for December but I never received an email or any update on my application but I was complete August 14th. 3.7/518 IS.
Just curious, what dates are available now?
QwertyLover123
Full Member
The upstate invite is immediately after logging in.
Just curious, what dates are available now?
I went through October, November and December and only saw one day available - I took the last time slot of that day I believe so I would assume the next dates are in January (but I didn't look). I would have been able to schedule one earlier if they had sent me an email! but still super excited 🙂
Congrats! Is it common for people to not get emails/should I be periodically checking my email?I just checked my portal and it said that I was selected for an interview? I was able to schedule one for December but I never received an email or any update on my application but I was complete August 14th. 3.7/518 IS.
QwertyLover123
Full Member
I have no idea I was just being my usual neurotic self and checking the portals when I saw it. Part of my still thinks it’s fake/ a mistake but I’ll take it!Congrats! Is it common for people to not get emails/should I be periodically checking my email?
elrm257
Full Member
Would you mind sharing a picture of what the portal looks like if we are selected for an interview? It sucks that you didn't get an email but congrats that's amazing !!I have no idea I was just being my usual neurotic self and checking the portals when I saw it. Part of my still thinks it’s fake/ a mistake but I’ll take it!
D
deleted1054719
Would you mind sharing a picture of what the portal looks like if we are selected for an interview? It sucks that you didn't get an email but congrats that's amazing !!
Not the person you were asking but it will be very obvious. There will be a massive block of text below the Fall 2021 processed applications row that says:
Congratulations on being selected for an Interview!
The available interview dates you see in the calendar are the only available interview dates at this time. Please do not contact the Admission Office to ask if there are earlier dates. Rather, you can use the wait list feature to put yourself in line for an earlier date should a slot open up.
College of Medicine (MD-MDCN): Interview Date: = XXXXXXXXXXX
Note: Once you have selected a date, you will not be allowed to change your interview date on-line
and then a series of links below this.
Internationalphysician
Full Member
Any MD/PhD II yet?
IS SUNY Upstate pretty IS heavy or OOS with ties heavy. I'm OOS with no ties, so I think my chances are probably already slimmer.
If you're talking about pre-II then this is true, but they had data about post-interview acceptance rates and they are 50% for both IS and OOS once you've been invited to interview! Of course they invite much fewer OOS applicants to interview but once you have that II your chances should be pretty decent. Just FYI.
I got an II like two weeks after being complete in Sept. Is my first, pretty exciting, but they are booked to Jan now. I just put myself on the waitlist in case something opens up.
I got an II like two weeks after being complete in Sept. Is my first, pretty exciting, but they are booked to Jan now. I just put myself on the waitlist in case something opens up.
Congrats on the II!! If you don't mind can you share if OOS and stats?
I'm IS. LizzyM score was 73.5.Congrats on the II!! If you don't mind can you share if OOS and stats?
applicant20
Full Member
I was also complete early August, am IS, have median stats for them, and have not heard back...honestly I am beginning to suspect I failed casper lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was also complete early August, am IS, have median stats for them, and have not heard back...honestly I am beginning to suspect I failed casper lol
lol same, haven't heard back from any CASPer schools. At least tell me if I failed so I don't waste 3k applying to them smh
happythoughtss
Full Member
silence since Aug 11
Anyone else get a Hold email who had an II already?
yeah I did. It may be a mistake because I thought it would be a “waitlist” after interview
pre-II hold received, OOS.
futuremd8822
Full Member
+1Anyone else get a Hold email who had an II already?
joshuamarcus
Full Member
Did they put everyone on hold...
Pre-II hold. cGPA 3.4, sGPA 3.7, MCAT 510, IS, ORM, complete 8/14 🙁
Does anyone know from years past if this is a soft rejection or if there is any hope?
Does anyone know from years past if this is a soft rejection or if there is any hope?
D
deleted1054719
I had an II and got a hold email just now before even interviewing. This hold doesnt look legit
I just got a hold email as well. I have my fingers crossed for everyone else in the same boat!
I just got a hold email as well. I have my fingers crossed for everyone else in the same boat!
Hold as well. Complete august 26th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1017749
Just happened to me lol I'm confused??Anyone else get a Hold email who had an II already?
hold 🙁 rip
Probably not. Last cycle they rejected me outright, so I would still keep some hope (but not too much).Did they put everyone on hold...
Edit: I am probably an idiot after seeing all those weird holds.
mrmystery112358
Full Member
Hold after I already interviewed...
I called. They said many were sent out in error, especially if you have already interviewed. Some are legit